You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
khaenn35

100% quality content, as certified by Little White Mouse.

18 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts
6,159 battles

High quality content! As certified by LittleWhiteMouse! I swear! 

(Yes, it's referencing this)

• Cool 9

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

High Quality Content!

To be fair though.....

The Russian Destroyers get outspotted by any other destroyer in the game, even the USN DDs. Additionally, their guns barely outclass the USN DDs, and their torps are laughable (excluding of course, the new DD line for the Russians). As for the USSR Cruisers.... Well, they got the benefits of a battleship with the drawbacks of a cruiser, imo. 

Edited by HoIo

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts
6,159 battles

High Quality Content!

To be fair though.....

The Russian Destroyers get outspotted by any other destroyer in the game, even the USN DDs. Additionally, their guns barely outclass the USN DDs, and their torps are laughable (excluding of course, the new DD line for the Russians). As for the USSR Cruisers.... Well, they got the benefits of a battleship with the drawbacks of a cruiser, imo. 

SHUT THE **** UP, RUSSIAN BIAS ONLY XAXAXAXAXA 

:P

But eh... They are way faster, guns have way better velocity and damage sacrificing pretty little ROF, and have no citadel- they are effectively Crusiers without Cits and with smoke. The RU CAs have good velocity AND accuracy, so it's not fair to call them BBs-plus, they have emergency torpedoes. It's easy to play-stay at max range and snipe. Good in Randoms, in the US server meta. Not that good for competitive though. 

And then we have the number of confirmed-OP ships. 2 of their Premiums had to be taken off as they were too OP.  Khab and Moskva are considered OP. Quite a few other examples too. 

Edited by khaenn35

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Yep...

100% accurate

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

SHUT THE **** UP, RUSSIAN BIAS ONLY XAXAXAXAXA 

:P

But eh... They are way faster, guns have way better velocity and damage sacrificing pretty little ROF, and have no citadel- they are effectively Crusiers without Cits and with smoke. The RU CAs have good velocity AND accuracy, so it's not fair to call them BBs-plus, they have emergency torpedoes. It's easy to play-stay at max range and snipe. Good in Randoms, in the US server meta. Not that good for competitive though. 

And then we have the number of confirmed-OP ships. 2 of their Premiums had to be taken off as they were too OP.  Khab and Moskva are considered OP. Quite a few other examples too. 

The only reason the Khab can be considered OP is because of the select few people who choose to play it. If you look up the statistics on say, na.warshipstoday, you'd see the shimakaze has an abysmal 48% or lower WR, but has IIRC triple the games played over the Khab. As for the Moskva, well, like I said, BB+ ship right there :P

Edit: Reference 

KUKwaMO.png?1

Edited by HoIo

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

High Quality Content!

To be fair though.....

You're just falling short of the point really.

It's not that Russian DDs are better than USN counterparts significantly, that is probably only true for Gearing vs Khab.

It's that the game rewards a play approach used by Russian DDs.

It takes into great account the % of damage you cause to enemy ships. Russian DDs have a great advantage against USN in their ability for safe long range engagements that cause lots of damage with accurate and reliable outcomes. They do not need the inaccurate and unreliable torpedoes, which USN and mostly IJN destroyers use as a damage output.

Then you have spotting and potential damage recieved. USN are much better at this, but go unrewarded because the system doesn't recognize it very well.

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts
6,159 battles

The only reason the Khab can be considered OP is because of the select few people who choose to play it. If you look up the statistics on say, na.warshipstoday, you'd see the shimakaze has an abysmal 48% or lower WR, but has IIRC triple the games played over the Khab. As for the Moskva, well, like I said, BB+ ship right there :P

Edit: Reference 

KUKwaMO.png?1

5% is a little big for difference in W/R even with more noobs playing the Shima. But for fairness' sake...

https://na.warships.today/vehicle/4179506640/Khabarovsk 

https://na.warships.today/vehicle/4282267344/Shimakaze

Take a look at the difference between the WR and the Damage done by the top players, who can utilise the ship's full potential and gain the most from playing the ship. 

More than 20, TWENTY, Two Zero, percent more W/R for the Khab. Okay, he has 10% more than every other player, so the could be lucky... but the rest still have 10% more-that includes Mun Yeong Seok, the 2nd best player for both categories, who has a 10% better winrate in Khab than in Shima. And the damage... Basically 30k difference in damage. 

• Cool 1

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

5% is a little big for difference in W/R even with more noobs playing the Shima. But for fairness' sake...

https://na.warships.today/vehicle/4179506640/Khabarovsk 

https://na.warships.today/vehicle/4282267344/Shimakaze

Take a look at the difference between the WR and the Damage done by the top players, who can utilise the ship's full potential and gain the most from playing the ship. 

More than 20, TWENTY, Two Zero, percent more W/R for the Khab. Okay, he has 10% more than every other player, so the could be lucky... but the rest still have 10% more-that includes Mun Yeong Seok, the 2nd best player for both categories, who has a 10% better winrate in Khab than in Shima. And the damage... Basically 30k difference in damage. 

Fair enough. Of course, I'm not going to deny that the Shimakaze has been power creeped with the recent Russian DD additions, while dealing with the already slightly overbearing Gearing. Even the Z-52 can arguably be considered better than the Shimakaze... Sad days for the old girl. :unsure:

It's not that Russian DDs are better than USN counterparts significantly, that is probably only true for Gearing vs Khab.

It takes into great account the % of damage you cause to enemy ships. Russian DDs have a great advantage against USN in their ability for safe long range engagements that cause lots of damage with accurate and reliable outcomes. They do not need the inaccurate and unreliable torpedoes, which USN and mostly IJN destroyers use as a damage output.

Then you have spotting and potential damage recieved. USN are much better at this, but go unrewarded because the system doesn't recognize it very well.

Ah, I see your point. To be fair, I think it comes down to how one wants to play russian destroyers. We can talk all day about the tier Xs, but the fact is, most people will spend their time in the grind. And the grind to the Khab (old grind), it was always balls-to-the-wall and hoping things work out until tier8/9. Of course, you can play like a silly gunboat poking slight holes into other ships that aren't DDs, but you've got torps man! Use them! :P I also must refute your statement of "inaccurate and unreliable torpedoes" since they're no inaccurate, they fly straight and true. And if you're good enough, you can land torpedoes when and where they matter. Of course, I'm not saying I'm that good, but I've seen players pull off some ridiculous stunts with their torpedo spreads. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts
6,159 battles

Fair enough. Of course, I'm not going to deny that the Shimakaze has been power creeped with the recent Russian DD additions, while dealing with the already slightly overbearing Gearing. Even the Z-52 can arguably be considered better than the Shimakaze... Sad days for the old girl. :unsure:

Ah, I see your point. To be fair, I think it comes down to how one wants to play russian destroyers. We can talk all day about the tier Xs, but the fact is, most people will spend their time in the grind. And the grind to the Khab (old grind), it was always balls-to-the-wall and hoping things work out until tier8/9. Of course, you can play like a silly gunboat poking slight holes into other ships that aren't DDs, but you've got torps man! Use them! :P I also must refute your statement of "inaccurate and unreliable torpedoes" since they're no inaccurate, they fly straight and true. And if you're good enough, you can land torpedoes when and where they matter. Of course, I'm not saying I'm that good, but I've seen players pull off some ridiculous stunts with their torpedo spreads. 

Yep. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts
6,159 battles

29pst92.gif

So clever!  +1!

Senpai has noticed me. And upvoted me.

I'm done.

I'M DONE.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! *runs around hyped*

Edited by khaenn35

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

To be the IJN have also got hurt for a long time by the fact there's no way for the system to acocunt for all the times evasive action, (pre-emptive or otherwise), results in you taking damage or all the times the mere threat of one discourages pushing by a big chunk of a team with all the benefits that brings.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

Senpai has noticed me. And upvoted me.

I'm done.

I'M DONE.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! *runs around hyped*

Congratulations.  You've won life.

[SPTR]
Members
20,154 posts