You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

Time to close the purse strings and vote with my wallet.

37 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,257 posts
21,678 battles

Ever since CBT the game has been adjusting itself to counter the current meta.

Sims and Cleveland Nerfs started the destruction of OP ships.

If 6.3 hits with gunbloom to firing range, that will be it.

73 ships in port...have to retrain captains.

Have to switch modules.

Wasted premium cammo.

And premium ships sit in port Unused do to inability to play...a Grammy can't dodge like traditional Russian dds....

...I'm going good to take my 280 some odd premium days and go to coop...

I refuse to spend one more thing dome on a game that is constantly changing fundamental parts.

And it's a shame, I had planned on buying the Alabama, hotnic, and both French and Italian ships...

But it's impossible to do so knowing that this game can and has changed the fundamental characteristic style of ships.

And please don't scream balance....

The constant castration of torpedos and changing of other features to make playing a bb easier is reficulas....

I have over 35 premium ships...spent thousands on this and WOT....no more...

WG, FIX YOUR GAME. TELL ME WHEN YOUR DONE EFFING IT UP AND I WILL SPEND MONEY ON IT IF I STILL ENJOY IT. Until then I'm gonna let you know 6.0 was that last straw....

Edited by dEsTurbed1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

You DO realize that the death of stealth firing is for open water stealth fire only...right? 

Firing from smoke and behind islands will still work perfectly the same, as always.

Much doom and gloom this one.

Edited by Kitsunelegend

Members
4,300 posts
3,255 battles

You DO realize that the death of stealth firing is for open water stealth fire only...right? 

Firing from smoke and behind islands will still work perfectly the same, as always.

Much doom and gloom this one.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

NooouuuuuUUUUUU! That song is stuck in my head now and I gotta sleep... T.T

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I have absolutely no sympathy for you, dEsTurbed, as you were foolish enough to buy premium ships.

I learnt my lesson in WoT and I made a resolution to never buy any premium ships in WoWS.

I  only spend money on Doubloons for removing equipment, altering Cpt skills or for credit conversions (for grinding).

No one should spend money on Premium Ships in WoWS, imho,  WG does not deserve money for nothing.

I'm sure the grinding players like to see idiots in higher level premium ships screwing up the battles.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

Am I getting this right?

Are you're complaining about your Gremyaschy not being able to stealth fire?

Grem has 510m turning circle...

For DDs, that's 2nd only to Sims 500m.

[USCC2]
Members
6,185 posts

This post is taking it to the extreme and sounds like a trolling post(?)

Yes, I do think that if certain players specced a captain to play using the stealth window (AFT), then yes a captain change will be required and should be considered a free change by WG.

The fact is we don't know what will happen yet.

If you had waited and posted your thoughts following a catastrophic mess up then fine, but honestly to post something so dramatic helps no one.

Why couldn't you explain why 73 ships have to be changed. I had no idea that many could invisifire!

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

Gremy will still be agile and have that juicy 14km+ range.

I'm most worried about my Akizuki (frankly I can't fathom how she'll use her guns without stealthfire as she is now), Fletcher, and Gearing. Fletcher a bit less so because you could build her for f_cking anything and she'd still be amazing. 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I can agree and disagree on different points, but I will say I'm 100% on board with holding on to my cash. I'm a bit tired seeing DD's getting a baseball bat to the face on a monthly basis.

Be happy that you paid some money to have some fun while it lasted. It's Captains like us thatve kept the game going for all the deadbeats. They should thank paying players every time they log into a battle. Gotta love freeloaders...

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Have to switch modules.

Wasted premium cammo.

And premium ships sit in port Unused do to inability to play...a Grammy can't dodge like traditional Russian dds....

I refuse to spend one more thing dome on a game that is constantly changing fundamental parts.

And it's a shame, I had planned on buying the Alabama, hotnic, and both French and Italian ships...

But it's impossible to do so knowing that this game can and has changed the fundamental characteristic style of ships.

The constant castration of torpedos and changing of other features to make playing a bb easier is reficulas....

WG, FIX YOUR GAME. TELL ME WHEN YOUR DONE EFFING IT UP AND I WILL SPEND MONEY ON IT IF I STILL ENJOY IT. Until then I'm gonna let you know 6.0 was that last straw....

Can you shoot from behind cover and remain stealthy? Check, as long as no reds have LOS

Can you shoot from within or on the other side of any smoke screen? 

Check, provided you are not radar editor or in LOS

Will my DDs with 10-12Km gun ranges still be seen at 14-15Km?

Nope

Can one still hit enemy ships with torpedos? 

Check, provided you get the right opportunity/inattentive/distracted enemy

Honestly, with the buff to my German DDs which were unleashed to the public with the worst detection range after shooting guns, and me using them as gunboats, I am personally unable to see what all the noise is about

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

If you're going to make an end of the world thread, can you at least structure it properly.

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,083 battles

you have to retrain all 73 captains in your port because of the removal of stealth fire?

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,308 battles

Honestly, with the buff to my German DDs which were unleashed to the public with the worst detection range after shooting guns, and me using them as gunboats, I am personally unable to see what all the noise is about

German DDs are used almost exclusively by players who have experience with DDs. They also have large HP pools to handle the greater damage they receive as a result of being constantly spotted. There is no comparison to fragile, wimpy IJN DDs.

I too am worried about Fletcher. I do tons of stealth firing in that ship. Blys is taking a significant nerf too, it's unlikely I will play it much when this change goes through. But my IJN DDs -- I do lots of damage via stealth firing in Shira and Akatsuki. They don't have large health pools like German DDs.

One issue is that WG is proposing this massive nerf but there are no balancing buffs

Another issue is co-op. Co-op is a trial for DDs since bots always know where the torps are, and they always chase one DD around the map (very unfair for other players, especially slow BBs). Now they will be always spotted as well -- and bots at higher tiers don't miss.

Although I haven't had time to participate in the last two PTs, you can bet I will be participating in this one. Stealth firing can be removed from cruisers, and probably not be much missed. But removed from DDs with no compensatory buffs? Wrong. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I do think that this change is significant enough that WG should at least consider a captain retraining discount. Many ships that would have used AFT before may want to consider a different build. Plus there are rumors of changes to basic firing ranges on a number of ships.

I personally don't have a problem with open water invisi-firing going away (and yes I own the Gremy, Blys, Sims and others that would be affected by this) but they should consider a retraining discount as a good faith gesture.

Members
2,246 posts

That's great. It starts with an earthquake, birds, snakes and aeroplanes...and Lenny Bruce is not afraid!

Members
186 posts
2,090 battles

Have to switch modules.

Wasted premium cammo.

This sort of rant gets us nowhere, also WG already has your money so what do they care about you?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

*Ehem* 

Link in the signature below. 

I have absolutely no sympathy for you, dEsTurbed, as you were foolish enough to buy premium ships.

I learnt my lesson in WoT and I made a resolution to never buy any premium ships in WoWS.

I  only spend money on Doubloons for removing equipment, altering Cpt skills or for credit conversions (for grinding).

No one should spend money on Premium Ships in WoWS, imho,  WG does not deserve money for nothing.

I'm sure the grinding players like to see idiots in higher level premium ships screwing up the battles.

Or you could have someone like this: 

yYS5kKk.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,699 battles

Have to switch modules.

Wasted premium cammo.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but one person not giving WG money is going to change anything. Might make you feel better but in the end, you accomplish nothing.

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,699 battles

That's great. It starts with an earthquake, birds, snakes and aeroplanes...and Lenny Bruce is not afraid!

No no no. It starts like this:

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Guess mum gets to save a few bucks this week? Lucky. 

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,538 battles

Any game involving new stuff (e.g., ships, maps, modules, features, etc.) adjusts to the meta.  This applies not just to computer games, but also to card games (the collectible kind) and the table top genre of Star Wars and the like.  A meta, left unchanged, will stagnate the game.  A certain configuration will (over time) become dominant.  New content and adjustments are required to keep the game fresh.

I know this going in.  The meta WILL CHANGE.  I can count on it with 100% certainty.  Any feature or capability on any ship I have might be adjusted/tweaked to keep the meta fresh.  The includes any premium ships I acquire.  Things will get nerfed.  Things will get beefed.  That is the nature of WOWS, which if you think on it is sort of a collectible ship game in the same vein as collectible card games.

So maybe this is a PSA for everyone out there who thinks the ship they grind today, or the Premium they purchase, will forever remain unchanged.  It won't. I GUARANTEE something will change that will affect that ship's performance...for good (cool!) or ill (aw crap).  Any ship that rises to own the meta will only be there for a season.  That is WOWS.  That is the game we play.     

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,699 battles

Any game involving new stuff (e.g., ships, maps, modules, features, etc.) adjusts to the meta.  This applies not just to computer games, but also to card games (the collectible kind) and the table top genre of Star Wars and the like.  A meta, left unchanged, will stagnate the game.  A certain configuration will (over time) become dominant.  New content and adjustments are required to keep the game fresh.

I know this going in.  The meta WILL CHANGE.  I can count on it with 100% certainty.  Any feature or capability on any ship I have might be adjusted/tweaked to keep the meta fresh.  The includes any premium ships I acquire.  Things will get nerfed.  Things will get beefed.  That is the nature of WOWS, which if you think on it is sort of a collectible ship game in the same vein as collectible card games.

So maybe this is a PSA for everyone out there who thinks the ship they grind today, or the Premium they purchase, will forever remain unchanged.  It won't. I GUARANTEE something will change that will affect that ship's performance...for good (cool!) or ill (aw crap).  Any ship that rises to own the meta will only be there for a season.  That is WOWS.  That is the game we play.     

Hear hear. I love the people who buy a ship then get utterly shocked when something changes.  Buying a premium ship is like trying to play the stock market. You hope for a big return, but you have to be prepared for it to turn tits up.  And it's money you're never going to recoup so be wary about spending.