Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sbcptnitro

Five Minutes in Heaven with the Des Moines..

20 comments in this topic

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

Our CV baited the enemy Midway's planes over my DM and he took it hook, line and sinker.

It only got better from that moment on.

It was an odd, yet, strangely satisfying 5 minutes. :)

• Cool 7

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

"wthis our CV doing" in chat.

More evidence that most players have zero idea of what decent CV play looks like.

AA build Des Moines is a joy, WD jobu

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I was expecting some awkward heavy petting action in a closet. :trollface:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles

That enemy Midway seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. 

Also the plane that crashed literally into your bow!

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

"wthis our CV doing" in chat.

More evidence that most players have zero idea of what decent CV play looks like.

Yep, I started to respond in chat, but why bother? It was pretty obvious what he was doing.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

trying to bomb a Des Moines and Gearing that are right next to each other?

what is that, a bot CV?

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

what is that, a bot CV?

i bet a Bot CV wouldn't have done that...

[BOTES]
Members
2,219 posts
8,490 battles

Maybe now people will believe me when I say these people need to be kicked out of high tier until they get better. [edited], the guy hasn't even figured out to run CE on the Midway yet.

lDz4l2h.jpg

Edited by awildseaking

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

So it seems that tier 9-10 AA builds for CL's is the way to go?

You don't even need to build DM for full AA.

AFT will give you 6km, which is plenty.

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

I probably would have div'd with the cv right then and there and kept on all night.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

My reaction as a Des Moines owner

0DmshTk.gif

• Cool 1

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

My reaction as a Des Moines owner

0DmshTk.gif

I know, right?? A part of me wanted to just sit there and see if he would keep feeding me planes.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

And Flamu tried to claim pre-nerf Groz had better AAA. Lel.

Edited by Carl

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

Flamu is somewhat known for hyperbole.

Members
523 posts
7,869 battles

In all honesty though, as someone who knows how to CV, there is something to be said for a DD that serves as an AA platform.  I would NEVER let a Des Moines eat up my planes like that because all CV players should know by now that t10 CA/CLs are almost all like that.  Even the Minotaur, while it can't use defensive fire, it will chew planes up.

Now DDs on the other hand?  People don't expect that as much.  It's much easier to bait planes into a DDs AA bubble.  Even better, due to the stealth, the CV might not even know he's there until it's too late.  Many DDs can even 'stealth fire' their AA.  On top of that, it's easier for DDs to contest key points on the map where the AA matters most.

Because of this, I'd say tier for tier, the C hull Benson is in fact the best AA platform in the game, and truthfully, I would agree with Flamu that the Groz would have been one of the best for the same reasons.  

It's not all about the sheer AA power.  Stealth, mobility, and deception also play a key roll in the overall effectiveness of an AA platform.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

And i can and will rip into him for continuing to do so. Hyperbole when you explicitly set out to do so clearly and up front is ok. When you present your views as factual, high skill level, and detailed looks at somthing it's another matter entirely.

In all honesty though, as someone who knows how to CV, there is something to be said for a DD that serves as an AA platform.  I would NEVER let a Des Moines eat up my planes like that because all CV players should know by now that t10 CA/CLs are almost all like that.  Even the Minotaur, while it can't use defensive fire, it will chew planes up.

Now DDs on the other hand?  People don't expect that as much.  It's much easier to bait planes into a DDs AA bubble.  Even better, due to the stealth, the CV might not even know he's there until it's too late.  Many DDs can even 'stealth fire' their AA.  On top of that, it's easier for DDs to contest key points on the map where the AA matters most.

Because of this, I'd say tier for tier, the C hull Benson is in fact the best AA platform in the game, and truthfully, I would agree with Flamu that the Groz would have been one of the best for the same reasons.  

It's not all about the sheer AA power.  Stealth, mobility, and deception also play a key roll in the overall effectiveness of an AA platform.

Here's the thing, that wasn't what he claimed. He claimed that the grozovoy killing planes faster than a Des Moines.In practise with DF up both (at least pre-nerf Groz), ran into the TTK caps WG'ing has in place, but without DF up the DM can still almost hit the caps.

I don't disagree that stealthy good AA DPS DD's are very good overall. But unless DF is up they're a long way from as scary as a DM or the like because they have significant TTK. They can still force you to back off, but they're not gonna be wiping out entire squadrons if your paying attention. And a highly visible no fly zone is pretty disruptive if the CA player is willing and able to position appropriately.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this