Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Can't use Manual Secondaries

26 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,843 battles

Was just in a ranked match, and I couldn't click on ships halfway through the game for my Sec. Anyone else had this problem?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

Was just in a ranked match, and I couldn't click on ships halfway through the game for my Sec. Anyone else had this problem?

Others have reported it, worked fine for me last night though, as I tested it right after someone else complained. Was just in the training though, not ranked.

Members
856 posts
7,722 battles

Same thing has been happening to me in Ranked Battles, which I why I put my grind on hold for this season. It also happened for when I tried to click on planes in my Lo Yang in Random Battles (I don't use Manual AA)

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

I've been having this issue as well.  Need to drop out of zoom to target secondaries sometimes.  Other times, clicking the name tag works.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,377 battles

it has been happening from time to time for me, ranked and random... seems it takes a few tried to get it to target the ship;..... not sure what is going on....

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,843 battles

I've been having this issue as well.  Need to drop out of zoom to target secondaries sometimes.  Other times, clicking the name tag works.

I'll have to try this. 

Never had this before. This patch only?

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

I'll have to try this. 

Never had this before. This patch only?

Seems to be on and off.  Sometimes I just click and click and can't lock up.  So I end up zooming in/out/clicking all over until it sticks. 

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,882 battles

Ive been having this issue with my scharn in randoms

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Try clicking the ship name. Seems to work better for me than the ship itself. I don't have time to screw around clicking like a rabbit on the blue pill

[ONE38]
Members
3,781 posts
13,341 battles

It's a bug and it also involves selecting squadrons for AA targeting. I've experienced the problem myself. I've seen Notser experience the same issue during a Twitch stream last week.

[Y81]
Members
761 posts
3,809 battles

Have had this problem for a couple of days off and on as well.End up clicking up and down from the icon to the ship and back up a few times till the cursor sticks and locks.

Members
2,246 posts

It's iffy.

Sometimes it'll work when clicking on the ship, sometimes not. It seems to be completely random. Never had an issue with aircraft targeting though, and never have an issue with targeting ships with non-manual secondary captains.

It's ONLY the manual secondary captain I have issues with. (My Bismarck captain - and the issue occurs in every ship he pilots: Bismarck, Scharnhorst,  Konig Albert)

[ARMCO]
Members
212 posts
3,095 battles

I have had this problem with AA in multiple ships.  Couldn't select any squadron or individual aircraft but had no problem selecting ships for my secondaries.

It may have to do with Alt-tabing since I noticed it after I had adjusted a twitch stream audio level on my second monitor. 

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
391 posts
12,795 battles

Playing my Scharn yesterday, noticed an issue, however, when i clicked on the name of the ship it worked every time.

[APES]
Members
1,005 posts
6,589 battles

I have had this issue as well. Sometimes it's just mysterious when clicking no longer works. The target cannot be selected and the secondaries don't fire.

[FIRE2]
[FIRE2]
Members
1 post
12,789 battles

Looks like it's been a while since there's been any activity on this thread. I'm experiencing this issue now. Has there been a fix for this? I've tried deleting preferences.xml with no luck.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

I think they just changed where you have to click to enable the manual guns (AA and secondaries).  It used to be that if you clicked close to the ship/planes it got focused on that ship/planes.  Now you have to be precise on your click location.  I find myself having to click more than once in some situations when I am under duress and not fully zoomed out.  

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
161 posts
7,112 battles

I have had this happen on occasion also. I also wish they would make the mouse pointer customizable, I have a high resolution screen and on occasions just cannot locate the pointer at all.

Sign in to follow this