Stauffenberg44

Honorable Service Campaign... Pass

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

13 posts in this topic

First off this isn't a gripe. I finished the Science of Victory Campaign this weekend and found it to be an excellent addition to basic play. Essentially it took the sting out of the inevitable battle losses by allowing you to complete tasks and gain benefits irregardless. That said however the Honorable Service campaign I gather is tiers VIII-X only with much harder tasks and I've shelved it feeling it will cost too much in expenses, play time and probably my over all WR--not that I am so obsessed with that.

Anyone else come to the same conclusion?

Nah, it was a breeze. I just picked the missions, and let them sit until they were completed. Just don't worry about it—you'll get to the end eventually. 

Nope.  Working on the second group of missions now.

Of course it will take some time to get the Shio, but hey, stuff just can't always be handed out like flyers.

Nah, it was a breeze. I just picked the missions, and let them sit until they were completed. Just don't worry about it—you'll get to the end eventually. 

This, select the tasks that you feel you have the best chance of completing, repeat them when completed, and for now ignore the ones you think you will have trouble with, you can always do them later for the achievement.

it wasn't hard, but it did take fair number of matches.   grinded my t8 to t9 and t9 to t10.

Nope, wasn't hard at all. It helps to have many different ships at tier 8 and above. I just selected some tasks and played like I normally play for the most part.

You have the ship, so all it requires is keeping a set of challenges selected. I've done both campaigns at the just get through level, and am now slowly moving through getting all the prizes. Since I was mostly a DD driver, the CA and BB stuff came later, and now I'm doing better in those classes of ships. The CV events will come last, as I've only done a few battles in them.

I haven't really started on them as I've been playing at tier VII, but there are a couple of tasks you can choose which you'll probably accidentally complete when you're trying to grind a ship line to tier X or something.

First off this isn't a gripe. I finished the Science of Victory Campaign this weekend and found it to be an excellent addition to basic play. Essentially it took the sting out of the inevitable battle losses by allowing you to complete tasks and gain benefits irregardless. That said however the Honorable Service campaign I gather is tiers VIII-X only with much harder tasks and I've shelved it feeling it will cost too much in expenses, play time and probably my over all WR--not that I am so obsessed with that.

You can complete them with t8 ships. The only tasks which require t10 are on the last stage and you still can complete the campaign without doing those tasks. If you can't break even or make a profit at t8, wait until you can. 

It's a high-toier campaign with a reward that is commensurate with the amount of tasks you have to complete (a free t6 DD that is VERY good.) Not everything should be completable at low tiers. 

Yeah I have Yamato line, Bismarck line, IJN DDs, IJN Cruisers, and IJN Carriers rolling so I can be able to do the Campain. The Battleships are priority of course since they will do the bulk of the work on the missions.

Honorable Service is certainly more difficult than Science of Victory.  But, many of the Science of Victory tasks were very easy.  Some of the Honorable Service tasks may take a while to complete...but as others have said, if you select them and let them sit, at some point when you have forgotten you even have that particular task, you will have that battle that completes it.  Some of the tasks in Honorable are pretty tough, but each stage does have doable tasks in it.  Even if they are only worth one or two pins, you can re-do them and get enough pins to move on.  The last stage has some tasks that are actually pretty easy.

Good advice all thanks again. I just sold the Donskoi and got the Moskva, my 4th tier X, so I am ready to have at it. ;)