You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Which makes more money? Premium ship vs Premium paint?

15 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
9,923 battles

Premium ships even without camo makes bank. The ship camo usually jst gives extra % exp. the only tier that inversely makes you more money because of the camo is T10 camo of ships because of the bill reduction. The Gamescom camo at 30%, the ocean soul at 20

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Comparing Hipper and Eugen (which are almost the same) you will find out the following:

If you fail utterly the lower Service Fee from the Hipper will help you reduce the damage to your wallet.

If you wreck havoc the +something income from the Prinz Eugen will definitely increase your income. Also Eugen has ~30% less Service cost.

So PRemiums are definitely better.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles

Premium ships.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

Just look at the camo for Nagato... That's your answer.

Permium ships all the way.

5% reduction on repair bills ?  Come on at least make it 25%.

Edited by Francois424

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

The questions become more confusing each day....:amazed:

How does a player with 5000 battles and a couple premiums not know the answer to this.... 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,443 battles

Premium ship's camo paint is what makes the premium premium isn't it? (outside changing captains freely).

If the premium ship's camo is unmounted then the bonus exp and credit is gone with it. 

If OP wants to spend actual money, then just get a premium ship. Because all else being equal, be able to re-train or train captains in them is a great value. If OP's experienced, premium DDs are the best choice. Not only every nation has at least one, playing them to get a decent profit is also deadly easy (just 1 salvo of torp is enough to get 300k credits). 

Premium BBs suffer from tier issues, lower tier premium BBs are pain to drive and higher tier premiums are stressful to play. Not to mention BBs generally have higher avg performance ratings, so if OP cares about ratings then playing a premium BB or cruiser is kind of shooting himself in the foot.

Edited by NeutralState

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Just look at the camo for Nagato... That's your answer.

Permium ships all the way.

5% reduction on repair bills ?  Come on at least make it 25%.

One should have little difficulty making money at tier 7, and the service fees aren't that high there either. The farther up you go, the more the reduction is.

Premium ships even without camo makes bank. The ship camo usually jst gives extra % exp. the only tier that inversely makes you more money because of the camo is T10 camo of ships because of the bill reduction. The Gamescom camo at 30%, the ocean soul at 20

Gamescom does 50% bonus.

Really, though, the way to make credits is to put the nice camos like Gamescom and Ocean Soul on premium ships, then rake in the bank. The premium camos for tech tree ships are not for making more money, but for increasing XP earned, without having to buy a new camo every game.

Premium ship's camo paint is what makes the premium premium isn't it? (outside changing captains freely).

If the premium ship's camo is unmounted then the bonus exp and credit is gone with it. 

If OP wants to spend actual money, then just get a premium ship. Because all else being equal, be able to re-train or train captains in them is a great value.

The credit bonus is baked into the ship. Premium ship camos only do the standard detectability and accuracy stuff and add XP, or occasionally free XP in the case of the Anshan and the second Tirpitz camo.

Edited by SergeantHop

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

One should have little difficulty making money at tier 7, and the service fees aren't that high there either. The farther up you go, the more the reduction is.

That's not the point.

If one is to pay doubloons for a premium camo is because we like the ship and we play it lots.  Of course we make money with it.

But if we pay doubloons, we should be getting a good return.

But WoWS really needs to go "World of Tanks: Blitz" way, where you can pay outright a good amount of doubloon to TURN THE TANK INTO A FULL PREMIUM.

Make your favorite vehicle a premium for roughly the same going price of a premium of that tier.  So that includes Tiger I/II/P, KV2, heck even the French B2 Bis

This would really rock into World of Warships.  Obviously most of my favorite ships are already premium ones to begin with, but I wouldn't mind turning the Kirishima, Kawachi, St.Louis, Nagato, Bismarck into real premiums.  Yeah they'd cost me about 200$ worth of doubloons but damn it would be Soooooooooo worth it.

Definitively better than the premium camos.  Of course, T10 premium camo is definitely WORTH IT.  I agree with you.  But I'd rather pay doubloons and make my own premiums.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

That's not the point.

If one is to pay doubloons for a premium camo is because we like the ship and we play it lots.  Of course we make money with it.

But if we pay doubloons, we should be getting a good return.

But WoWS really needs to go "World of Tanks: Blitz" way, where you can pay outright a good amount of doubloon to TURN THE TANK INTO A FULL PREMIUM.

Make your favorite vehicle a premium for roughly the same going price of a premium of that tier.  So that includes Tiger I/II/P, KV2, heck even the French B2 Bis

This would really rock into World of Warships.  Obviously most of my favorite ships are already premium ones to begin with, but I wouldn't mind turning the Kirishima, Kawachi, St.Louis, Nagato, Bismarck into real premiums.  Yeah they'd cost me about 200$ worth of doubloons but damn it would be Soooooooooo worth it.

Definitively better than the premium camos.  Of course, T10 premium camo is definitely WORTH IT.  I agree with you.  But I'd rather pay doubloons and make my own premiums.

25% of not much is still not much. Tier 7 repair is only 35k. So, you'd get 7000 doubloons more with 25% over the current 5%. Woo.

The point of the premium camos is not to save you tons of credits, especially at tier 7, but to make the grind faster and have something permanent and special for ships you intend to keep.

Edited by SergeantHop
  • Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,904 posts
36,576 battles

Don'[t forget that some Premium ships have a different XP multiplier also.  Sims gets more Base XP.  Anshan generates more Free XP.  Missouri prints credits like a counterfeiter.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

Don'[t forget that some Premium ships have a different XP multiplier also.  Sims gets more Base XP.  Anshan generates more Free XP.  Missouri prints credits like a counterfeiter.

Screw counterfeit, Mo prints so many credits that she might as well be robbing the bank every match.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

In the case of this, Sims' XP bonus and Missouri's credit bonus are part of the ship itself, however Anshan's Free XP bonus is part of the camo.