You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MexicanPanda

Can someone explain the Khaba buffs to me?

34 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

So I scanned over the patch notes and just saw Yuro's video about this, but I can't figure out why it's a thing. Why did WG decide to buff the strongest DD if not in the game, at least at tier 10?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Uh...what buffs? I don't believe Khab was changed in the most recent patch, except to give her the optional heal instead of smoke. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles

The only thing that happened to Khab was giving her the option of a standard heal.

<edit> I'd forgotten about the blanket HE buff.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Uh...what buffs? I don't believe Khab was changed in the most recent patch, except to give her the optional heal instead of smoke. 

She didn't get her HE buffed along with the rest of her line?

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

The HE reverted back to pre-nerf.

I believe all that went down in the patch that punched the Kiev in the face many patches ago.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Somewhere at WG HQ:

Dev 1: "comrade we need to balance the mighty Khabarovsk" *drinks a bottle of vodka*

Dev 2: "dah comrade. It's HE is too weak for a Cruiser and it still has no Heal like glorious Moskva" *empties the next bottle*

Dev 1: "so we add Heal and powerful HE?"

Dev 2: "dah" *goes outside to wrestle with a bear*

• Cool 4

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,430 battles

Somewhere at WG HQ:

Dev 1: "comrade we need to balance the mighty Khabarovsk" *drinks a bottle of vodka*

Dev 2: "dah comrade. It's HE is too weak for a Cruiser and it still has no Heal like glorious Moskva" *empties the next bottle*

Dev 1: "so we add Heal and powerful HE?"

Dev 2: "dah" *goes outside to wrestle with a bear*

Lol

Yanno, if I were a Russian, I might be a little tired of the never ending vodka stereotypes, but I would never get tired of the bear wrestling reputation :)

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

I thought she always had the 1900 HE shells. 

Nope. It was nerfed down to 1600. They buffed it back up to 1900 now with the patch along with receiving her heal.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Lol

Yanno, if I were a Russian, I might be a little tired of the never ending vodka stereotypes, but I would never get tired of the bear wrestling reputation :)

Can we go back to them paying $50 per loaf of bread and waiting in line for hours?

Showing my age? :amazed:

[TWICE]
Members
265 posts
6,632 battles

So I scanned over the patch notes and just saw Yuro's video about this, but I can't figure out why it's a thing. Why did WG decide to buff the strongest DD if not in the game, at least at tier 10?

​To be fair, i think no one can explain buffs to the most powerfull DDs in the game, im pretts sure the devs cant either.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

And no corresponding buffs to IJN DD's to compensate......

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Lol

Stereotypes are something everyone should be able to laugh about. If I hear people talking about Germany as the country of Beer and Sauerkraut I can laugh about that. I mean it's not true at all but you know, I understand the meaning behind it. When I see videos like that (

) I only laugh because I think it's funny.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,020 battles

Meanwhile the IJN destroyers continue to decline.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

As stated it got 300 more HE alpha. The heal isn't a buff. It's a "flavour" of that DD tree, just like DFAA is the flavour on the other branch.

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,659 battles

Yuro's video

Free notification, thanks. Yea, rus DD HE got a significant buff, awesome.

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,430 battles

Stereotypes are something everyone should be able to laugh about. If I hear people talking about Germany as the country of Beer and Sauerkraut I can laugh about that. I mean it's not true at all but you know, I understand the meaning behind it. When I see videos like that (

) I only laugh because I think it's funny.

Oh yes, I wasn't trying to be terribly critical... more using it to frame how awesome the bear wrestling stereotype is

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

As stated it got 300 more HE alpha. The heal isn't a buff. It's a "flavour" of that DD tree, just like DFAA is the flavour on the other branch.

Right, cuz the best DD needed more survivability. The Khabas flavor was it's guns and general powerfulness. It doesn't need any more flavor.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Oh yes, I wasn't trying to be terribly critical... more using it to frame how awesome the bear wrestling stereotype is

I love the bear stereotype. It is hilarious :D

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,279 posts
9,867 battles

Its not just the Khab's buffs.

Its the fact that soviet line got TWO tier 10dds while IJN got boned in the rear end with a nerfed to uselessness tier 10 Shimakaze.

The new tier 10 soviet line's DD is a much better torpedo ship and gun damage/rotation/range and smoke and armor and hitpoints and AA and engine boost and speed everything except a 1km stealth difference.

Grozovoi has 10 torpedoes in 2 launcher (aka capable of being stealth fired with a big buffer stealth range) that do 14.6k damage... have 65knot speed... and get this, 1km torpedo detect range.

ONE F'ING KM. That alone makes these torpedoes by capable of being fired in narrow spread and hit with nearly all the torps from a broadside aspect shot. The target has no time to react to evade (rudder times too slow).

Comparing that to the Shima's 2km detection range, 67 knot torpedoes where its 15 torpedoes hardly are able to land 2 torpedoes on a target because said target has a LUXURY of time to rudder to full and evade the torp wall.... you see just how blatant the soviet bias infects whatever incompetent intern they have making these decision.

• Cool 1