You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
simon70000

Soviet Battleships

65 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
Beta Testers
99 posts
3,172 battles

Hello Captains

I been waiting for soviet battleships for a long time and now they are releasing France cruisers and I thought they would do the soviet tech tree first and go to a different country but what a your thoughts with the Soviet Battleships what would be there purposes and skill in the battlefield.

russian battleships never were.jpg                                                    e6a0fd7a1cf1b8011c4cd61e4524c2ce.jpg

russian battleships never were.jpg

e6a0fd7a1cf1b8011c4cd61e4524c2ce.jpg

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,684 battles

Their citadels will be entirely submerged, and their shells will have crazy penetration values. Because of reasons, comrade :trollface:

Did they even have proper BB's in WW2? I can only see an entire lineup of paper ships.

Alpha Tester
1,478 posts
3,268 battles

I am actualy tired of seeing solviet ships. I am tired of them being in my matches, Being added, and being talked about.  By all right, frence, brtian, italy, and germany  desrve full tech trees before the solviets . 

Yes I am still very bitter about british ships getting shafted,

• Cool 4

Members
184 posts
181 battles

Did they even have proper BB's in WW2? I can only see an entire lineup of paper ships.

I don't believe they really even had a navy during World War 2. After the Bolshevik civil war the soviets ordered a dismantle of their navy. Leaving it to a fraction of what it was pre/during World War 1 era.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Hello Captains

I been waiting for soviet battleships for a long time and now they are releasing France cruisers and I thought they would do the soviet tech tree first and go to a different country but what a your thoughts with the Soviet Battleships what would be there purposes and skill in the battlefield.

russian battleships never were.jpg                                                    e6a0fd7a1cf1b8011c4cd61e4524c2ce.jpg

Before British, French, and Italian battleships?

bf9.gif

• Cool 5

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,595 battles

I am actualy tired of seeing solviet ships. I am tired of them being in my matches, Being added, and being talked about.  By all right, frence, brtian, italy, and germany  desrve full tech trees before the solviets . 

Yes I am still very bitter about british ships getting shafted,

British ships are coming, don' worry.

After Russian aircraft carriers.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,277 posts
10,382 battles

Soviet Battleships are likely to have very powerful guns if the early 1:42 scale videos on the subject are anything to go by.  Expect them to have very powerful AP shells, probably at the cost of accuracy with a similar dispersion level to American Battleships but not as bad as French or German.

f9fpsy.png

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

16 torps with 12km ranges, smoke, radar, hydro, turtleback Stalinium Armour with a citadel the size of a pizza box. When you can use your imagination because they didn't exist, anything is truly possible.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,715 battles

They're coming but not until at least next year after a bunch of Lines from other navies & rightly so.

I'm excited for them.

After the Bolshevik civil war the soviets ordered a dismantle of their navy.

Wrong.

A bunch of ships were lost during the civil war, a big chunk of BSF sided with Whites & escaped out to French North Africa where they were interned, not in good condition when Soviets went to reclaim later & sold for scrap.

Quite a lot of ships had been under construction when WWI started but were in bad condition/too outdated to be useful when the Soviets started to rebuild.

There was a huge rebuild in progress when Barbarossa started, with most of the ships incomplete & lost with the shipyards, low priority to complete those that escaped/were in safe shipyards.

Edited by hoom

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

I sure would like to see the RU BBs that saw combat service, particularly those from the pre-revolutionary period (still waiting for Borodino to pair with Mikasa). I don't think there should be anymore higher tier BBs until WG resolves the BB overpopulation. Then again, when has WoWS ever introduced partial lines?

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,202 posts
7,500 battles

The US had enough different types of BB's that they should have a second line

The Italians should have their own line

The British could likely have two lines

The French could have their line.

ALL of that needs to happen LONG before WG introduces a line made up mostly of ships that never hit the water or didnt see combat after 1910. It made sense for WG to introduce Russian tanks in droves, Russia was the primary land combatant in WW2. It does NOT make sense (other than to Russians) to put Russian ships into WoWs over any other nation.

• Cool 1

Members
76 posts
2,010 battles

In an interview with an employee that works on finding "paper" ships in the archives and designing said ships if there's not much to work on, he stated that according to their documents soviet guns are very good qualities about them. Not the FCS or anything like that, but the guns themselves.

He made this statement when asked about what "flavor" will the soviet BBs have.

Edited by Mordecai19

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

They're coming but not until at least next year after a bunch of Lines from other navies & rightly so.

I'm excited for them.

Wrong.

A bunch of ships were lost during the civil war, a big chunk of BSF sided with Whites & escaped out to French North Africa where they were interned, not in good condition when Soviets went to reclaim later & sold for scrap.

Quite a lot of ships had been under construction when WWI started but were in bad condition/too outdated to be useful when the Soviets started to rebuild.

There was a huge rebuild in progress when Barbarossa started, with most of the ships incomplete & lost with the shipyards, low priority to complete those that escaped/were in safe shipyards.

Agreed. As well, the Soviet fleet in the Black Sea was a constant thorn for the Germans, under whose cover numerous naval-amphibious operations were conducted at Sevastopol, Kerch, Novorossiysk to name a few. Given German air power and the deteriorating state of Soviet ships, they wisely maintained a fleet in being.

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
319 posts
5,250 battles

Well we have Moskva in game, which is really a BB pretending to be a CA,  she has railguns and the ability to bounce 16 inch shells at point blank range.

I would expect them to be pretty good in all categories other than maneuverability. 

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
527 posts
4,975 battles

I loved the Russian Battleships in this other game I played, they had american armor and the guns hit hard.

[PVE]
Members
19,974 posts
12,663 battles

Well we have Moskva in game, which is really a BB pretending to be a CA,  she has railguns and the ability to bounce 16 inch shells at point blank range.

I would expect them to be pretty good in all categories other than maneuverability. 

Not really. Look at the armor in game. The Minotaur has 101mm citadel armor. The Hindenburg has 110mm, and both the Des Moines and Zao have 152mm. The Moskva has 170mm, so while she has a little more citadel armor, she is in line with the other CAs.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I would expect the lower tier ships to be a bit like the Nikolai (but hopefully not as overpowered), while the high tiers will be a more modern post-war style design. 

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,219 posts
8,335 battles

Hello Captains

Soviet BBs won't be coming until at least 2018 according to the devs.

Members
474 posts
598 battles

Soviet BBs won't be coming until at least 2018 according to the devs.

No, they'll come when submarines are released:trollface:
Edited by Creepershark77

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,496 battles

My guess is that there isnt really enough of them to really make a line out of

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

Tier III would have to be paper, tier IV and V could be real, built ships.

Everything else is paper, save two half-built projects, at tier VI and IX.