You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

German DDs are terrible!!! Much unplayable!!!

37 comments in this topic

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

128mm or 150mm?

I didnt watch the replay. Bet you are looking forward to the 0.6.3 concealment buff regardless

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Uh...looks like you did fine to me. Sarcastic thread title, or what?

Of course, its poking fun at how badly underestimated the German DDs are. They really are my favorite line despite them only having one outstanding feature. everything else is good, not great and they quickly lose their HP advantage in the high tiers

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Posts of this nature are tiresome.  I've had 90k games in Tenryu. Should I expect that performance each game? And "concealment buff"?  Don't make me laugh. That's like me smashing the windshield in your car, then replacing it and telling you I did you a favour. They are just putting it into the place it should have been all along.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

Posts of this nature are tiresome.  I've had 90k games in Tenryu. Should I expect that performance each game? And "concealment buff"?  Don't make me laugh. That's like me smashing the windshield in your car, then replacing it and telling you I did you a favour. They are just putting it into the place it should have been all along.

Indeed, anecdotal evidence trying to be portrayed as statistical facts.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

a good match or 2 don't make a trash ship better

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

Of course, its poking fun at how badly underestimated the German DDs are. They really are my favorite line despite them only having one outstanding feature. everything else is good, not great and they quickly lose their HP advantage in the high tiers

They're underestimated for a reason. You think an outcome like z23 is not done easier with something like ognevoi or benson?

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Didn't like Z23 much through the original grind, but I'm coming back around a second time and really starting to enjoy her.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

Re: Maass

How do you score 12 torp hits and only net 130k dmg?

Presumably, the guns did 4k dmg from 97 hits.

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,895 battles

The German torps do terrible damage.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I find gaede to be average at best for t6.  it can have its moment, but short smoke and meh  HE means you have to rely on bad player to show side for AP to work well. I did better with hatsuharu and stock hull .  may be it is just me though.

hoping maas is more to my liking.  :D

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

Indeed, anecdotal evidence trying to be portrayed as statistical facts.

Except I continue to post game after game and my stats reflect that they are not under powered.  Maass is probably my favorite Tier 7 DD.  Z-46 is my favorite DD in the game.  People just took the CC freak out over the nerfs at release and Reddit and here made up their mind that the entire line is crap.  Since they play very different than any other nations, and most cant be bothered to learn how to play them they must be broken.

[CVLUL]
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

The German torps do terrible damage.

The key to German DDs is dot damage or AP DPM. 

With the fast torp reload you can flood out ships a lot easier than most other DDs.  The 128mm have good fire chance to set fires post repairs too.  If you flow with an enemy push you can bleed them dry with floods and fires in a hurry.

[CVLUL]
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

128mm or 150mm?

I didnt watch the replay. Bet you are looking forward to the 0.6.3 concealment buff regardless

I dont really care about any buffs, I find them strong enough. 

I prefer the 128mm with AFT.  That extra range adds a lot more flexibility and safety.  I was messing around with the 150mm since most of my replays are 128mm.  I have been trying to help guys in the DD sections of the forum since so many struggle with them. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Because a single torp hit does about 8000 damage to a battleship. 

I dont really care about any buffs, I find them strong enough. 

I prefer the 128mm with AFT.  That extra range adds a lot more flexibility and safety.  I was messing around with the 150mm since most of my replays are 128mm.  I have been trying to help guys in the DD sections of the forum since so many struggle with them. 

Yeah. Now that I have over 200 games in my Maass, I have been drafting a thread on that ship. 

I want to but never seem to be able to finish penning my thoughts 

[CVLUL]
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

Because a single torp hit does about 8000 damage to a battleship. 

Yeah. Now that I have over 200 games in my Maass, I have been drafting a thread on that ship. 

I want to but never seem to be able to finish penning my thoughts 

When you get German DD game play down they are kind of OP.  Maass is a damn strong DD.  I see why they nerfed sonar and smoke.  On 46 and 52 three AP volleys into something broadside is about a torp it of damage.  It still surprises me how fast it adds up.

[CVLUL]
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

The breakdown.  I used a lot of HE in this game, thats why there is not nearly as much gun damage.

7FT7XbI.jpg

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

50% hit rate with the torps?

[CVLUL]
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

50% hit rate with the torps?

In this game yes.  The enemy teams BBs wandered off alone.  I stalked and ambushed  two.  They made it easy.

I usually have around 11% torp hit rate across all German DDs.  The torps dont have huge damage or flood chance, but you hit a lot of them.