You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bl4ckBaron

Easy fix against map edge surfers

14 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
569 posts
5,063 battles

Hello all,

Besides the existing speed reduction penalty, ships touching any map's edge should be unable to fire all types of armament (main/secondaries/AA/torpedoes) and unable to launch or recover aircraft, while in contact with the map's edge. CV's surfing a map's edge should have their flights automatically returning to mother ship after a grace period of, lets say, 15 to 20 seconds.

Thanks.

• Cool 2

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

I almost never see this ingame, perhaps because i play high tier?

[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,368 battles

I don't think this is an issue anymore. Every since hey put in the speed reduction people stopped rideing the line since they were siting ducks.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Hello all,

Besides the existing speed reduction penalty, ships touching any map's edge should be unable to fire all types of armament (main/secondaries/AA/torpedoes) and unable to launch or recover aircraft, while in contact with the map's edge. CV's surfing a map's edge should have their flights automatically returning to mother ship after a grace period of, lets say, 15 to 20 seconds.

Thanks.

the engine speed reduction is more than enough of a penalty

[USCC2]
Members
6,164 posts

Isn't going to change, accept it.

People will either say it doesn't happen or just say they have to do it because the HP and heals they get aren't enough to balance being the only target on the map, being abandoned on their own, or slow death by the 100% fire chance every ship seems to have. Play the game best you can until there is only one class worth choosing and decide if it's worth continuing. I'm sure WG will have made their money off you by then lol.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,110 posts
6,122 battles

I've seen 1 person in the last 1000 battles or so border-riding intentionally for an extended period of time (not just turning around etc.). Once my BB's guns reloaded, he wasn't doing it anymore. IMO the speed reduction makes you a sitting duck so I don't feel like more changes are necessary.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Not needed, since they slow to a crawl they are easy to hit.

[O_O]
Members
6,752 posts
16,138 battles

I will pile on and agree with the majority.  OP, I'm guessing you didn't play before the power reduction penalty for hitting the map border.  There were real issues with people using the border to make themselves hard to hit.  Now that the power reduction penalty is implemented, hitting the border just means you are an easy target.

Really, the problem was solved.

[-K-]
Members
589 posts
12,841 battles

I haven't given this a thought in a long time, which must say something about the efficacy of the "your engines are off now" solution, at least in my experience.

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
319 posts
5,247 battles

I no longer see this as an issue and I don't think there should be further punishment for someone who looses track of their position and accidentally hits the wall. 

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Wow 2 threads about this, good thing you all weren't around in the early days of this game, border rides everywhere because there was no pentaly for hitting the wall and could slide down the wall at full speed. I hardly see it anymore and anyone that does is easy targets

[O_O]
Members
6,752 posts
16,138 battles

Wow 2 threads about this

I think one of the threads was resurrected by a forum newcomer.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,490 battles

No. Its already bad enough that theres the engine penalty 

[NG-NL]
Members
6,247 posts
10,081 battles

Just make it land. Hit border, you beach.

I'm tired of all the jerks that like to use map borders to make themselves harder to hit. Rare event, so having correct calculations for hitting is difficult.