Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
diddlyv

How to build and Captain Tier VIII Kiev

5 comments in this topic

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
287 posts
32,479 battles

Regarding upgrades:  So far I have MArm1, Aiming Systems, Propulsion Mod Steering2.  I am at a loss for the 5th Upgrade, CSys, Target Acq Sys or steering 3.

My captain is a III pointer, went with Last Stand and Prev Maint.  Suspect EM. BFT and AFT will be my next several CPT perks.  Not sure if CE is worth it if IF HE better level IV skill

Supertester
4,153 posts
4,643 battles

IFHE and CE are both meh on RUDDs, best to use DE/SI/SE or vig instead of another tier 4 skill.

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Beta Testers
29 posts
4,443 battles

I go with:

Mods: MArm1, Aiming Systems, Engine Boost Mod 1, Propulsion Mod 2, and Steering mod 3 - This lets you have the incredibly fast accel along with fantastic rudder shift. Stealth isn't a huge thing on Russian gunboat DDs since they are always spotted. You should really be playing them more like small, super fast cruisers. 

Captain (I only have a 12 point captain at the moment with two unused points): Preventative Maintenance, Last Stand, Survivability Expert (SE), AFT

I can say there have been MANY games where SE has saved me and allowed me to keep doing damage when I should have been dead so I highly recommend that one. 

Probably going to go for either an IFHE/DE build next or the one that Cruiser recommended. 

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,604 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000000011010010100000010019

For the 5th upgrade slot I went with concealment module because target acquisition is trashy and more steering I don't really need but concealment is essential and I find myself caping a lot of objectives especially in T10 matches.

Edited by m373x

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

forget conceal,  you are fast CL.   go rudder upgrade.     10 point captain,  PT, AR, DE(or bft ) and AFT.     you can add CE after those 5.

Sign in to follow this