Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

cannot select target for manual AA? wth?

25 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles

so I got manual AA for the first time on my yamato. I tried selecting enemy midway squadrons MULTIPLE times in game by holding down Control + left click mouse button, but it would nto target the squadron. wth?

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

I've had this problem too with my Ognevoi. Tried to CTRL+click on a squad in my range for DFAA, no effect. After several attempts and ~15 seconds later I was finally able to target a squad. This happened yesterday.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

yeah, I got this bug too.

My Yugumo couldn't target a seaplane, but it could still shoot its AA.

It made no sense.

And then it totally didn't happen in the next game.

[--K--]
Members
5,391 posts
17,897 battles

This evening I had trouble selecting ships for my Manual Secondaries built Tirpitz. Seemed they had to be in range or I had to click on the actual ship. Seems to me that all I had to do was Ctrl+Left Click mouse the general area of an enemy ship between their HP bar and the ship. Not sure if its a bug or a desync issue. Will test it again with a different ship later. 

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
7,974 battles

I had this issue earlier.  I don't have manual AA or manual secondaries on my Amagi, but I was unable to click-select planes or ships.  Restarting the client after the battle fixed it, but yes, it was annoying for that battle.

Edited by Mesrith

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

I had the opposite, once. I was able to ctrl-click and select targets, but the cursor stayed the same and wouldn't allow me to ping the map. Only happened for one game.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

Doesn't the replay not show those targets anyway?

The file itself would still have the data showing the clicks.

[SBS]
Members
6,104 posts

I had this issue earlier.  I don't have manual AA or manual secondaries on my Amagi, but I was unable to click-select planes or ships.  Restarting the client after the battle fixed it, but yes, it was annoying for that battle.

I've this problem several times over the last few days or so.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,654 posts
13,009 battles

The file itself would still have the data showing the clicks.

Neat. I think I had this happen to my Izumo in co-op, I'll try to find the screenshot and cross-reference that with a replay file. I hadn't bothered to report it, but it did happen recently; without mods and during 0.6.2.

Here we are. The screenshot (also linked from replay description page) should give a good idea of the time index to search. It happened at or before 18:10 match clock, so in the first two minutes.

Edited by Special_Kay

[FML]
Members
4,089 posts
15,965 battles

Today, I've been having difficulty with manual secondaries too - very frustrating in ranked battles when you really need to move it quickly.  Normally, furiously clicking on the target for 5-10 seconds can make it stick, but sometimes you have to zoom in and out first...

Perhaps a rest of game client is in order...

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

Neat. I think I had this happen to my Izumo in co-op, I'll try to find the screenshot and cross-reference that with a replay file. I hadn't bothered to report it, but it did happen recently; without mods and during 0.6.2.

Here we are. The screenshot (also linked from replay description page) should give a good idea of the time index to search. It happened at or before 18:10 match clock, so in the first two minutes.

Send it to support. :P I don't know how to check the logs of replays. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,654 posts
13,009 battles

Send it to support. :P I don't know how to check the logs of replays. 

Fiiine, I'll send in a ticket when I'm up to writing up a proper description of what I remember happening.

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,699 battles

so I got manual AA for the first time on my yamato. I tried selecting enemy midway squadrons MULTIPLE times in game by holding down Control + left click mouse button, but it would nto target the squadron. wth?

Mine seems to happen when I'm zoomed in on the ship

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,581 posts
6,743 battles

I had this issue as well in one game. It was bizarre. I restarted my client after just to be safe and I haven't had it since. It must be a kind of bug with some strange trigger that doesn't happen very often.

Members
214 posts
14,076 battles

I was running an AA spec'd ship with the MAA skill last night and could not manually select any planes. I found a safe place on the map and quit/reloaded into the match and it worked. It's definitely a minor bug.

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

I've had this happen with both AA and secondaries since the last update. Glad to know I'm not the only one..

Anyone find a fix yet, aside from restarting the client?

B

Members
2,106 posts
32,458 battles

I had this happen yesterday in Cleve with manual AA skill- control didn't do anything. Still shot down 28 with DF- it would have been a lot more if not for this issue. Anyway logged off and back on after the battle and it works again.

[KSF]
Members
34 posts
6,203 battles

I've had this happen once, about 7 days ago I'd guesstimate.  Couldn't select AA targets at all.  Was unable to select Secondary targets (unless I clicked directly on the ship instead of it's label).

After restarting the game, the following match didn't have the problem.  Only seen it once but I'd be pretty bummed if this happened in a very important match for the clan.

Edited by WootArmA

[GGWP]
[GGWP]
Members
1,628 posts
10,852 battles

happened to me in a ranked game with my 2nd spec nagato, really sucked there. I thought this bug was addressed in the last patch?

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Same here.  Happened in two matches since the 6.2 patch.

A workaround was to ctrl-click the minimap settings icon to bring up the minimap options menu, then close it again.  After that, I could select air formations in that match.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,382 battles

I had this same problem while playing Alabama.  In one game I couldn't direct secondaries.  In another, I couldn't click aircraft.

Sign in to follow this