You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

A lot of bitter ranked players

23 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,618 posts
10,469 battles

I can get salty sometimes when I see ships in obvious hiding situations away from the battle or placing themselves to damage farm rather than win a ranked game.  My jouney up ranked has been interesting this year but not going to rank out thats for sure.  The last couple of days, however, its been toxic.  Last game a player chastized my play from about 3min into the game and then chastized me after the game in chat.  

I often place near top of my team in XP, but can have the odd bad game where I place bottom too, because craphappens.  I play to win, so I might use my DD to spot rather than farm damage and risk death.  I am more valuable alive and spotting and torping than shooting and dead.  This often ends up with me placing low on the scoring when I play DD and don't score torp hits.  My torps often cause the other team ships to turn to avoid them and result in my BBs getting massive damage points.  It works out well.  I don't mind as long as we win.  My ranked win percentage has dropped a bit in past couple of weeks.  I am down to 51% but was up to 60% at one time.  Luckily I saved a bunch of stars so I didn't drop that far.  I am however back at 6.0 from 5.2.  Bummer.

In my BB, I generally deal alot of damage and have had quite a few games over 110k of damage dealt.  I am often on fire and don't mind tanking damage...Its what BBs do.  I prefer to get in tight and slug it out, which is why I like the Scharn this season in ranked.  My best ranked game was a tier 5 match that got me 4 kills and 121K damage.

Back to the topic.  The beginning of the last game had 4 DDs per team, a Belfast, and 2 BBs.  We took 3 DDs (me included) to A on Trident from the North side.  We started with 4 but 1 turned and went to B.  2 of our DDs died as soon as they arrived, but 1 got a torp hit on an enemy DD and got a kill.  Their team was there in mass same as ours.  As soon as our 2 DDs went down, I became the next focus of their attention.  I wiggled till I got out of range.  I lost most of my health in the process though, but with my smoke deployed I did get away.  I couldn't stay in the smoke because they came too close.  One of our players immediately started in chat commenting on how badly I was playing and that I was a coward for running and that we were going to lose because of it.  Meanwhile, our Belfast was sitting in the open at the edge of the cap getting shelled.  I was out of spotting range of their DDs now and circled back to get a peek.  I got spotted immediately and 2 DDs opened up on me.  I started my wiggle again, but I didn't have enough health left to survive so I was dead.  Again came the chastizing about how I sucked.  I think there were some comments about some other players sucking too, but most of it was directed towards me.  

After the game he continued his chastizing.  He looked up my rating and started berating my overall play based on that, because my average since starting WOWs was only 51%, and my average rating since starting was only 1033, therefore I was a bad player.  Yeah, I have my ups and downs, but I am better than the average potato and can carry a team sometimes, or support another player to carry the team.  I just can't do it regularly like the unicum players.  Put me on a team with them or any other non-potato player and they would love to have me because I will support them.  

When I looked up this player, he is a blue player.  He plays all DDs, with 54% of his games in a Clemson or Isokaze, even though he has ground his way up to Tier X.  Sounds like a seal xlubbing stats seeker to me.  

BTW, if any of you have seen me play, you might have caught a good game or a bad one.  If its a bad one, sorry.  LOL.

Anyway, had to vent....thanks for listening....comment as needed...LOL.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Just ignore the stat-elitists and trolls. They aren't going to be helpful to you in the slightest. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Members
205 posts
12,761 battles

ahhh,  the exact reason o no longer play ranked.  it seems to always to be my fault when they get killed....

[WOLF9]
Members
4,630 posts

People like that suck.   It is THEM who make this game suck sometimes.  That's what the chat blocking and blacklist functions are for.  Not to mention screen caps and replays.

Sounds to me like you were doing exactly what you needed to be doing.  It pays for everyone to remember- the enemy gets a vote, too.   If their tactics just so happen to counter yours...  

I have to wonder what big mouth was doing all this time.  Was he supporting you, and firing on those ships you spotted?  Was he nailing those enemies who were clearly focused on you and that Belfast?  Or was he either a) first to die, and being a jerk because of it- or b) too busy typing and whining to play the freaking game...   The stats you quoted with a big chunk of his games in the seal clubber mobiles say a lot about who you were dealing with.

To be honest, this is why I've never played ranked.   EVERY ranked season since I started playing has been like this= with numerous threads full of salt, venom, and demands that everyone play exactly how "they" want- or like your post, talking about some ill mannered cretin you got stuck dealing with.  No thanks.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,618 posts
10,469 battles

I think he was one of the early death DDs.  I think he was mad that I didn't sacrifice myself to save him, although I do think he was dead before I could even react. 

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

I am willing to bet he had a clan tag that started with O......

:trollface:  ............ -G

Members
989 posts

Tonight ranked has been a cesspool of racial name calling and raging players. I am beginning to think that the Devs should do the same thing here as they did in WoT. Make it so you can't talk to the enemy team. 

It is bad enough when team players bash each other but when they start bashing their team to the other side, trolling the other side and more it gets old even faster. I for the most part do not want to here the players on the other side imploding about their team. 

Edited by SteelClaw

Members
296 posts
4,465 battles

On second note, I am doing astronomically better in ranked battles than random.  My average damage in Atlanta has gone from 30-40K to 100K+.  I've gained more Confederate and High Caliber in 2 days than I did in my year of playing Warships.  Big fan.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
339 posts
4,345 battles

i must say i havnt really been running into all the ragers. i generally find that every one in ranked is pretty good and work well together. i tend to be a very peaceful person tho, turn the other cheak and all. not to say i never get upset or call some one out on a bad play, put i make it a point to do so in a way i would want it done to me, to help me learn, not make me rage.

i think another thing that helps is the time of day i play. i live in zimbabwe so im 7 hours ahead of eastern seaboard time. helps that when i play im not with the vast bulk of players.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

People like that suck.   It is THEM who make this game suck sometimes.  That's what the chat blocking and blacklist functions are for.  Not to mention screen caps and replays.

Sounds to me like you were doing exactly what you needed to be doing.  It pays for everyone to remember- the enemy gets a vote, too.   If their tactics just so happen to counter yours...  

I have to wonder what big mouth was doing all this time.  Was he supporting you, and firing on those ships you spotted?  Was he nailing those enemies who were clearly focused on you and that Belfast?  Or was he either a) first to die, and being a jerk because of it- or b) too busy typing and whining to play the freaking game...   The stats you quoted with a big chunk of his games in the seal clubber mobiles say a lot about who you were dealing with.

To be honest, this is why I've never played ranked.   EVERY ranked season since I started playing has been like this= with numerous threads full of salt, venom, and demands that everyone play exactly how "they" want- or like your post, talking about some ill mannered cretin you got stuck dealing with.  No thanks.

Chat blocking doesn't work. One person who went A in a map that everyone was going B demanded that I turn my Maass around- while I am trying not to get melted by a Belfast who had me on radar- and come smoke him. In his Nagato. When I didn't respond( too busy turning and getting behind hard cover to stop for a chat), he promptly turned broadside and got smacked. Hard. 

First one dead, blamed me for incompetence and no team play, and that the top player was now dead so our team could go rot in hell. In public chat. It was at this point where I got triggered because:

A: Maass smoke lasts 65 seconds from deployment

B: turning around and traveling to him would take me a minute or more at 37 knots. 

C: he turned broadside and got 100% deleted  17 seconds after demanding I change course to save his incompetent [edited]

D: he called me out on being in a Maass. At the time, I had 110 battles with a 56% win rate in my Maass to his 40 battles and 40% win rate in his Nagato. When triggered, I will stats check. 

E: the very next battle, he was in my team, shooting at me, but never hitting me, giving me more to worry about than red markers on my mini map. He also continued his "justified" outrage, because if I'm not a team player out there to smoke screen him and only him on demand, then I should be teamkilled until I quit the game. I promptly got sick of his [edited] and disabled messages

F: the battle after that, he was in the red team, still publicly called me out, told my team they would perform better if they team killed me, and wait a minute. I thought I disabled his chat messages, why was I reading this still. 

Nowadays, when I see him in battle in the red team, I will stop what I am doing and partake in a personal vendetta 

• Cool 1

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,756 battles

Not sure why it didn't actually send the text I sent.... Oh well... 

[quote name=

Chat blocking doesn't work. One person who went A in a map that everyone was going B demanded that I turn my Maass around- while I am trying not to get melted by a Belfast who had me on radar- and come smoke him. In his Nagato. When I didn't respond( too busy turning and getting behind hard cover to stop for a chat), he promptly turned broadside and got smacked. Hard. 

First one dead, blamed me for incompetence and no team play, and that the top player was now dead so our team could go rot in hell. In public chat. It was at this point where I got triggered because:

A: Maass smoke lasts 65 seconds from deployment

B: turning around and traveling to him would take me a minute or more at 37 knots. 

C: he turned broadside and got 100% deleted  17 seconds after demanding I change course to save his incompetent [edited]

D: he called me out on being in a Maass. At the time, I had 110 battles with a 56% win rate in my Maass to his 40 battles and 40% win rate in his Nagato. When triggered, I will stats check. 

E: the very next battle, he was in my team, shooting at me, but never hitting me, giving me more to worry about than red markers on my mini map. He also continued his "justified" outrage, because if I'm not a team player out there to smoke screen him and only him on demand, then I should be teamkilled until I quit the game. I promptly got sick of his [edited] and disabled messages

F: the battle after that, he was in the red team, still publicly called me out, told my team they would perform better if they team killed me, and wait a minute. I thought I disabled his chat messages, why was I reading this still. 

Nowadays, when I see him in battle in the red team, I will stop what I am doing and partake in a personal vendetta 

LUL. That moment when he claimed justification for his cause, when in reality you gained justification for every. single. encounter. Feels good man. Hope you achieve personal vendetta every single time :honoring:

Edited by HoIo

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,511 battles

I think the biggest issue is how frustrating ranked is this season.  I know myself I have been up to 8 and back to 12 4 times now.  When you get potato's on a team it sucks because they can make such a difference, its not randoms where 1 guy goes off on his own the team still has a good chance.  Every guy matters and while its not right there are lots of people buying boats at tier 7 not knowing much about how they work, what they do, or how to play ranked.

I think the bigger issue right now is ranked is so hard to move up that people farm damage and cap points to make sure they are top of team, I play a Fiji and almost always have 1 - 3 kills, 50K + damage and usually never get cap points because its suicide in this boat, but I usually get beat out by a DD that rushed to cap one point and then gets a single lucky torp in a BB to be first in the list.  They need to change the value of cap points in ranked or something because people just cap and then float trying to get as much damage as possible even though it might not be best for team.  And if you are not the guy that capped good luck getting first place.

[BOTES]
Members
282 posts
6,624 battles

It is frustrating to spend thousands of hours in this game trying to get better, playing a competitive mode, only to have a casual player who 'just plays for fun xD xD xD' ruin all your hard work and effort. Really, if you don't want to spend the effort to get good at this game, Co op will result in less people getting mad at you. You don't belong in ranked, of all modes.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
391 posts
12,728 battles

I also have not really seen the rage.  I was on 10 really good teams yesterday, and 4 terrible teams.  In all 14 games, the chat was pretty civil, although in one, where our two Belfasts went down in the first three minutes there was some salty language used to describe their skill, or lack of.

In general, I have enjoyed this season, and will find the battlefield claustrophobic with more than 7 ships per side.

[YIKES]
Members
1,732 posts
13,692 battles

At this point in the ranked season, the players berating others like this are just lashing out because they are taking out their inability to rank out frustrations on others. I would just ignore the chat and try to "enjoy" the upside to the ranked experience as much as possible. 

Members
58 posts

This,from the OP's post.

" He looked up my rating and started berating my overall play based on that, because my average since starting WOWs was only 51%, and my average rating since starting was only 1033, therefore I was a bad player."

I am not sure what kind of math they are teaching now days. Statistical averages although a good indicator of what happens

in reality are not very good when taken out of context. Your average soldier in WWII never even fired his weapon in anger.

A lot of fighter pilots never saw a enemy plane. Unless individual experience can be exactly duplicated across the board averages

can only tell you two things. One: you're completely inept and need to find a new day job or, two: your good. I missed maxing

out my score on the firing range by one point while on duty. Another fellow didn't. His platoon members probably still remember

his name. No one remembers I was one point behind.(max score 250)

How much better than average is determined by a lot of factors that can not be calculated or duplicated.The ones at the top

are bonified phenoms.the ones at the bottom are obviously not. If your at or around 50% that means you are good.

Remember your job may be to kill the enemy. The enemies job is to kill you with equal vim and vigor. Some will win, some

will lose,Good Time Charlie's got the blues.

:coin:

Regards

Mike

Edited by skoony_1

Members
246 posts
6,093 battles

The salt is definitely real... my own salt levels have been getting dangerously high as the season grinds on.

I made it up to the top bracket on the back of my Kiev and then the line split happened... 

Between the increased difficulty at that bracket and losing my best ship, I just can't make headway anymore. 

Now I feel salty every time I see a Belfast, and frustrated that I just can't eek performance out of any of my other tier 7's. 

Members
80 posts
20,273 battles

I don't play ranked but it sounds very much like a stalker who harassed me for a few months last year, almost verbatim.

He's playing a different game, see who he can get a rise out of.

Once he does he harasses them every chance he gets no matter how well are poorly one plays.

He was one of several reasons I started over with a new player id last November.

Wish I could remember his player id.

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

I gave up on ranked. Got to 8.3, fell back to 9.3... screw it. I really wanted the Jolly Roger flag, but not hat badly. Too much yoyoing back and forth.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but it just stopped being fun.

B

Members
296 posts
4,465 battles

I started my very first season three days ago, I play intermittently, rather modest rank. What I am about to say is not me lecturing on a pedestal, it's just something that strikes me as self-evident:

To those who complain that bad teammates are bringing them down and preventing them from ranking out....remember that if you are the top XP earner on a losing team, you do not lose rank with the rest of your team - you have immunity.  If you have not ranked out, it means you are not often enough the top XP earner on your team.  So ask yourself, if you can't consistently be #1 out of 7 on supposedly "poor" teams, what is wrong with YOU?   What gives you the right to be RANK ONE in the lager ranked meta which consists of tens of thousands of ABOVE-AVERAGE competitors, when you can't even be the top of seven supposedly below average ones?  If you blame a DD for capping, then ask yourself, as a CL, BB, or CV with significantly more HP and artillery power, why aren't you making up for that cap difference with raw damage?  Is it even possible that the DD did more damage that you on top of capping?  (and I play CLs).

I'm sorry, but I would rather not that Jolly Roger be watered down for the mediocre.  Ranking out is hard, and that's why it means something.  This isn't little league where everyone gets a trophy.

• Cool 1