• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

278 posts in this topic

It's up! HALLELUJAH!

*Now all the rickrolling can end XD

I said this when people were moaning about the ST-only version and I'll say it again now, just another paper-thin high-tier American BB. I'm really even starting to wonder if Montana is worth grinding too with the Grosse Kurfurst out there.

.... I see that tag, LWM. Don't tempt people here....

I was under the impression that the NC had 2.0 sigma value at least on her upgraded hull, making her vertical dispersion better than the 'Bama. Is that not right?

YUT570C.gif

I think I come as much for the reviews as I do for Lert's up vote gifs....

I was under the impression that the NC had 2.0 sigma value at least on her upgraded hull, making her vertical dispersion better than the 'Bama. Is that not right?

It's 1.8 on the North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri and Montana.  The only USN Battleship with 2.0 is the upgraded Colorado.

So if you happen to already own the Missouri and Montana and have no issues making those work (and more importantly enjoy using them), then you shouldn't have too much of an issue compensating for the citadel right?

So if you happen to already own the Missouri and Montana and have no issues making those work (and more importantly enjoy using them), then you shouldn't have too much of an issue compensating for the citadel right?

Bingo.  In fact, you'll find Alabama to be even easier to use as she has better agility and torpedo defense. Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

It's 1.8 on the North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri and Montana.  The only USN Battleship with 2.0 is the upgraded Colorado.

Where I got the numbers. Also I'd need to watch it again, but I think flamu mentioned 2.0 sigma for NC in his Bama video.

Basically. Missouri is getting her citadel roof lowered, Alabama not - she'll remain as fragile as the current / old Iowa and Missouri.

Where I got the numbers. Also I'd need to watch it again, but I think flamu mentioned 2.0 sigma for NC in his Bama video.

Well that would be where I went wrong.  I was using older stats.  Lemme make some fixes.

I can only hope they fix her citadel!

She'd be comically OP if they did.

Nicely done as always.

Just to note she does have a bunch of armor plating and decks covering her steering gear that's not viewable with the in-game armor viewer so despite that effectively nonexistent bulkhead it is reasonably protected and at the very least harder for the Yamato to citadel her through her stern than her bow.

Although if you've somehow managed to get in a position where you've got a Yam putting shots into your stern you've got bigger issues to deal with.

Nice review as always.  In some ways its like the iowa with questionable armor and high cit, but unlike the iowa gets something for that trade off.  It gets much more agility with tight turns and torpedo protection to take some hits when it has to.  Looks like it will be a good ship, also ty god for the Iowa's getting lower cit lets hope its to the water line.

+1 for you.

Given her hilarious TDS, how viable is it to equip the acquisition module, build a captian around secondaries, with vigilance... And then go DD hunting?*

*Using hydro acoustic search as well

It's probably a terrible idea given her citadel, but it would be pretty funny at the same time...

A great review as always Mouse! I was looking forwards to this review for a long time. In all, it pretty much just confirmed everything that I had heard. Kind of bummed about her citadel as I really do want this ship. However,  with the Missouri getting hers lowered, I am might as well just take the cost of the Bama and put it towards gold for the Missouri. I sure she is a great ship, but I just don't like battleships with massively exposed citadels like that. I don't mind it in cruisers as I can dodge and weave (as Lert found out when he was trying to sink my Graf Spee in his Alabama last night, was fun playing against you Lert :honoring: )

Still a +1 for you Mouse! Keep up the awesome work that it takes to make these reviews! We really appreciate it!

Everything but the citadel looks pretty good.

(as Lert found out when he was trying to sink my Graf Spee in his Alabama last night, was fun playing against you Lert :honoring: )

Wiggly little so-and-so.

TaJZWu3.gif

YUT570C.gif

Shield-bash... one of my favorite moves in a cheesy fantasy browser game I play!

Nice as always Mouse. Maybe I'll meet you  and Lert and your other friend in game with one like we did with the Kongos!