Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ForgMaxtor

Can we not with the Container Reserve Slot Awards?

15 comments in this topic

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

Thanks to multiple oh-so-generous awards of 4 X Captain Reserve Slots in containers (two today alone!), I now have over 30.  So useful.  A few more and I can start my own marching band.

Captain slots seem to me just a few ticks North of worthless as container rewards.  It's nice to have a few to store dormant captains, but there is absolutely no benefit to having them in excess.  If the algorithm can't be adjusted to account for how many slots the player already has, I'd suggest just getting rid of them entirely as a reward.

Edited by ForgMaxtor

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Thanks to multiple oh-so-generous awards of 4 X Captain Reserve Slots in containers (two today alone!), I now have over 30.  So useful.  A few more and I can start my own marching band.

Captain slots seem to me just a few ticks North of worthless as container rewards.  It's nice to have a few to store dormant captains, but there is absolutely no benefit to having them in excess.  If the algorithm can't be adjusted to account for how many slots the player already has, I'd suggest just getting rid of them entirely as a reward.

I have 56, some people are reporting over 60...WG apparently believes we need them, perhaps multiple captains for the same ship will be required soon...:trollface:

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Why complain about stuff you would have to pay for using doubloons?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I could use a few more captain slots, actually. Mind giving me a few? 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
292 posts
8,083 battles

Thanks to multiple oh-so-generous awards of 4 X Captain Reserve Slots in containers (two today alone!), I now have over 30.

Ah - it is good to see the hand of RNGesus at work.

Seriously, many people have these moments with WG's random number generator. Feel you pain - just be glad you did get 3 creates of 250 Hotel Yankee flags for ramming.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

I feel a marketing idea at work...

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
982 posts
9,093 battles

I have 68 slots right now. Only 20 of which are occupied and probably 15 of those are with stock Captains I will never use.  I wish we could sell off the excess for credits. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles

I wish that PORT slots were a possible container reward.

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

Why complain about stuff you would have to pay for using doubloons?

Well, as I see it, the point of containers is to get stuff that's exciting and fun.  Sometimes what you get is better than others, but it's not "fun and engaging" when you get something that's absolutely useless to you.  At this point, getting more Captain Reserve slots for me is kind of like hosting a pot-luck party and welcoming the 5th person who brings a 3-bean salad...

I feel a marketing idea at work...

This isn't a bad idea at all -- if there were a barter market where I could trade my excess Captain slots for a few signal flags er sumfink, this could be a fun side-element to the game.  You could even expand it to trade more valuable stuff like Premium ships.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Well, as I see it, the point of containers is to get stuff that's exciting and fun.  Sometimes what you get is better than others, but it's not "fun and engaging" when you get something that's absolutely useless to you.  At this point, getting more Captain Reserve slots for me is kind of like hosting a pot-luck party and welcoming the 5th person who brings a 3-bean salad...

That counts for all rewards. If you get too many they are useless. If someone has bought himself 100k doubloons he will yawn after seeing a 1k doubloon chest. It is basically worthless. If I get a flag chest, it is basically useless. This goes in all directions.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Starting off with only 4 makes this more forgiving. Before containers and the regular practice of adding a slot when we were awarded a commander we were gaming the system to get more slots by filling the reserve before being awarded captains.

With the extra reserve rewards from campaigns and containers, it really takes away the worry of running out of space. I can't see any reason to complain. Besides, it's only one part of the reward from containers. If you're picking something besides TYL, you're getting two more small rewards on top of it.

[REBCO]
Members
347 posts
3,902 battles

This isn't a bad idea at all -- if there were a barter market where I could trade my excess Captain slots for a few signal flags er sumfink, this could be a fun side-element to the game.  You could even expand it to trade more valuable stuff like Premium ships.

I'm sure Wargaming would love to see players exchanging things they are trying to sell.

[TSG4R]
[TSG4R]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

I'm sure Wargaming would love to see players exchanging things they are trying to sell.

Depends.  Assign a modest "commission fee" in doubloons for any exchanges, and suddenly it becomes a profit source.

Sign in to follow this