Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

The Mighty Minekaze

11 comments in this topic

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

Saturday morning and I'm attempting to finally complete Mission 10 in the larger Science of Victory Campaign, needing just 2 last pins. One of the Tasks chosen required 3  floodings in a tier V-X ship and I opted for this. The choice of what ship to use was easy. My overall WR is lower than it might be as I like to play all the ships I have, even the ones I am terrible with: but not so the Minekaze with a 57% WR in 100+ battles, so the little mighty mite it was and she turned in an epic battle with 6 floodings and 1st place.

Minekaze%20Rules%20the%20Waves_zps8yhxco

Minekaze%20Rules%20the%20Waves%202_zpsko

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[CVA16]
Members
5,660 posts
17,450 battles

You can still have great games in the Minekaze, It just requires a lot of cooperation from the red team.

[SYN]
Members
3,737 posts
23,569 battles

Nice game OP, Nerf her all you want it still doesn't change the fact that a BBs still love traveling in straight lines.

[CVA16]
Members
5,660 posts
17,450 battles

Nice game OP, Nerf her all you want it still doesn't change the fact that a BBs still love traveling in straight lines.

Like I said, the reds have to cooperate. If they really know what they are doing, you are lucky to land one torpedo.

Members
400 posts

Like I said, the reds have to cooperate. If they really know what they are doing, you are lucky to land one torpedo.

Agreed.  Even a broken (analog) clock is right twice a day.

Members
82 posts
2,913 battles

battleships magically learn to turn whenever they're on the red team, which is unusual because they never seemed to in the past... i have a hard time doing well in my minekaze. i havent gotten a single kracken with her in the past week, and not for a lack of trying. i wouldn't have minded the nerf to her torpedoes so much if WG had bothered to buff her guns a bit to make her more verstile, but they nerfed the guns too, so now she just feels like an overspecialized torpedo boat whose torpedoes aren't good enough to justify all the sacrifices to survivability and gunnery for.

[CVA16]
Members
5,660 posts
17,450 battles

battleships magically learn to turn whenever they're on the red team,

It does seem that the green BBs make it easy for the red DDs while the red BBs do not reciprocate. Probably a perception bias but still...

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

Sold it.  Used to be my go to ship to relax and blow off steam.  After three matches with zero torp hits back to back, I knew it was time to sell the old girl.  It isn't as if I don't know how to play her, she was my most played ship and I was damn good with her.  Sadly, she's not what she used to be and was sold to make room for the Ibuki.

Members
82 posts
2,913 battles

I can't bring myself to play her anymore after the nerf. It seems that more battleships are learning what their A and D keys are for these days, and the wealth of ships armed with aircraft, sonar and radar these days certainly doesn't make things easier. She's not impossible to do well in, just far more difficult than she used to be, and frustrating when you simply can't find the right circumstances to make her work. As someone who values versatility over specialization, I'm working on grinding up the german DD line.

German DDs seem to be the perfect fit for me. Their HE and turret traverse isn't the best, but i'm used to pre aiming and I don't mind using AP. Their AP DPM and shell arcs are good, and their torpedoes are reasonable, both things that I value more than fire chance and turret traverse. The abundant hitpoints are nice, as is the sonar, and I'm not afraid to play aggressively against smokers when the situation calls for it.

Sign in to follow this