Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sprocket_Grease

PVP?

20 comments in this topic

[FOG]
Beta Testers
225 posts

I am seriously considering just giving up on PVP.  I can't seem to get a win to save my life recently, even after a few breaks. And I only play a few matches a day.

I have done pretty well in the past, but I am honestly finding that I enjoy PVE much more these days. The grind is painfully slow there, but I find so much better quality play in PVE, both from the AI and other team members. A noticeable contrast to PVP.

And for the record, no, I didn't even bother with Ranked this season. 

Can anyone give me any reason to not give up PVP, besides the rewards?

And thank you for listening to me rant....I feel better already.

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

It's your time, play how you like.

The best (and worst) thing about PvP is the unpredictability. You're gonna have some bad losing streaks, but you are also going to have those 'YES!' moments, too. And there's no better feeling in the world than watching another player panic and lose his bowel and rudder control as you come around an island with all your mains, or torps, pointed directly at him. That's something you won't see in a bot.

Not to mention that a loss with only a single kill in Random is worth more in credits and XP than if you were to single-handedly wipe out the entire red team in Co-Op.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

You could div up with some people. Usually it increases your win chances since you have one or two teammates that will cooperate and that you can rely on.

[FOG]
Beta Testers
225 posts

It's your time, play how you like.

The best (and worst) thing about PvP is the unpredictability. You're gonna have some bad losing streaks, but you are also going to have those 'YES!' moments, too. And there's no better feeling in the world than watching another player panic and lose his bowel and rudder control as you come around an island with all your mains, or torps, pointed directly at him. That's something you won't see in a bot.

Not to mention that a loss with only a single kill in Random is worth more in credits and XP than if you were to single-handedly wipe out the entire red team in Co-Op.

Truth....thanks for helping put it in better perspective. :)

[FOG]
Beta Testers
225 posts

It is OK to give up. Mediocrity is fine, you are normal.

Helps to blend into the background, I guess....  

Members
1 post
107 battles

I played both...

PvP?  or PvE?

Look at the mirror and ask that person you see.   Why are you playing this game for.....  WR,  XP,  Credit, Relaxing or having fun shooting stuff to reduce tension after a long day from work?

That guy will tell you everything you need to know. 

Edited by JGBigeye

[HINON]
Members
13,724 posts

Helps to blend into the background, I guess....  

This is an important skill.

• Cool 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

Its the weekend.  Cant take it too seriously.  I think most folks ahve their best games during the work week, myself included.  Every game today has been a one sided slaughter.  Unfortunately, ive been on the slaughtered side most of it.

Members
3,284 posts

Well, I think almost everyone wants to challenge themselves. It's just that when we're faced with many consecutive defeats or failures we stop caring as a defense mechanism. Defeat or failure (in almost anything) is painful, and we stop caring to avoid that pain. We still want to challenge ourselves though. We just want to overcome those challenges. We want VICTORY. Victory must be earned, however. If it's not earned it's barely even victory.

Edited by anonym_OlK73e329bMY
  • Cool 2

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

Truth....thanks for helping put it in better perspective. :)

keep-calm-and-blow-stuff-up-22.png
  • Cool 1

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

You could div up with some people. Usually it increases your win chances since you have one or two teammates that will cooperate and that you can rely on.

That depends on who you div up with. It has the potential to increase your chances with cooperation, but what's to say the guy you just div'd with isn't a spud, or having a bad day?

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

Well, I think almost everyone wants to challenge themselves. It's just that when we're faced with many consecutive defeats or failures we stop caring as a defense mechanism. Defeat or failure (in almost anything) is painful, and we stop caring to avoid that pain. We still want to challenge ourselves though. We just want to overcome those challenges. We want VICTORY. Victory must be earned, however. If it's not earned it's barely even victory.

Well said. I don't stop caring in a losing streak but I do step way back and not let it bother me. If I am playing well, and losing battles anyway, that's just the caprice of the gods. I only get irked when I play poorly.

Members
570 posts
1,465 battles

I earnestly echo those sentiments.

To me personally, there is no greater insult to one's self if even they cannot pick up the pieces for themselves.

• Cool 1

Members
3,284 posts

Well said. I don't stop caring in a losing streak but I do step way back and not let it bother me. If I am playing well, and losing battles anyway, that's just the caprice of the gods. I only get irked when I play poorly.

Thanks. I'm the same way.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,890 posts

if you can do well in pvp, it's lots of fun, what's the fun killing a bot?

i haven't played coop after initial requirements

do your best each game, don't let overall win/loss bother you, since that depends on 11 other members

as long as you did well, enjoy

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,039 battles

if you can do well in pvp, it's lots of fun, what's the fun killing a bot?

i haven't played coop after initial requirements

do your best each game, don't let overall win/loss bother you, since that depends on 11 other members

as long as you did well, enjoy

As a PVE main I must say the fun in killing the bot is to actually enjoy point blank combat. 

[FOG]
Beta Testers
225 posts

I played both...

PvP?  or PvE?

Look at the mirror and ask that person you see.   Why are you playing this game for.....  WR,  XP,  Credit, Relaxing or having fun shooting stuff to reduce tension after a long day from work?

That guy will tell you everything you need to know. 

That guy kinda scares me, tbh.....

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

That guy kinda scares me, tbh.....

If I had his face, I'd probably be pretty scared of my reflection, too. :trollface:

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

That depends on who you div up with. It has the potential to increase your chances with cooperation, but what's to say the guy you just div'd with isn't a spud, or having a bad day?

You should div up with people you know of course, otherwise this does not work that well. But I thought that this would be obvious.

Sign in to follow this