You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Why not buff the A hulls instead?

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

I personally like the A hulls of allot of ships, sure most suck to grind, so instead of getting rid of them why doesn't WG buff them? To me that would be the easier solution while keeping the historical beauty of some of these ships

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Well, I mean, the downsides of these old dreadnaught hulls was that they had less armor and almost no AA. So, to buff them, they would have had to add AA and armor where it didn't exist until the refits. I'd expect to see those stock battleships return like Mutsu, though.

[ARP2]
Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

Well, I mean, the downsides of these old dreadnaught hulls was that they had less armor and almost no AA. So, to buff them, they would have had to add AA and armor where it didn't exist until the refits. I'd expect to see those stock battleships return like Mutsu, though.

I love my IJN warships, but even i would have a hard time convincing myself to buy an A hull Amagi or Fuso.  Down tiered or not, those hulls were terrible to play.  Especially A hull Fuso and her 14 (?) km range.
Edited by Hatework
  • Cool 1

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

I personally like the A hulls of allot of ships, sure most suck to grind, so instead of getting rid of them why doesn't WG buff them? To me that would be the easier solution while keeping the historical beauty of some of these ships

Except that the "historical" aspect of some of these hulls were the problem, lots of those A hulls had crap for AA, buffing them would often just make them B hulls anyways.

Also having to pay for 2 hull upgrades was a bit of a drag on these ships...

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

AA isn't much of a issue with the lack of CVs, the biggest issues in my opinion was rudder shift and lack luster gun range for most ships not to mention HP. Buffing the rudder and adding some HP would go along way to helping the A hulls

[VVV]
Members
2,733 posts

I love my IJN warships, but even i would have a hard time convincing myself to buy an A hull Amagi or Fuso.  Down tiered or not, those hulls were terrible to play.  Especially A hull Fuso and her 14 (?) km range.

I'd also find it annoying if Yamashiro gets sold as a premium in A hull Fuso configuration because that's pre-pagoda and I rather like Yamashiro's sturdier looking pagoda.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,270 posts
9,847 battles

Id much rather they give some ships a unique variant using that hull slot.

Mogami for example, could have the A hull be it's 'light cruiser' hull. Lower HP and/or armor, visibility, etc,etc and good rotation rate for the guns. B and C hull cannot use the 155mm's but give more armor, more hp, adjusted visibility,etc,etc... the 'heavy cruiser' .

[FOXEH]
Members
1,932 posts
12,349 battles

buff the A hulls and you have b hulls.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

AA isn't much of a issue with the lack of CVs, the biggest issues in my opinion was rudder shift and lack luster gun range for most ships not to mention HP. Buffing the rudder and adding some HP would go along way to helping the A hulls

There's not that few carriers in the mid tiers. Seems like about half the games I play in at tier 6 and 7 have a carrier in them.