You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThisGuySlaps

PSA: It's only Saturday, and this is already the WORST weekend potato bake since potatoes were discovered.

37 comments in this topic

[B-Z]
Members
1,684 posts
18,459 battles

Get your umbrellas out because it is storming potatoes. I don't know what MM is drinking but of the 16 or so battles I've played since last night, 14 have been 1-sided steam rollers. And I have not been on the winning team.

Nobody is safe! Hide your kids hide your wives cos they tatin' everybody out here!

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Well ranked is over, right? Scrubs are coming back to Randoms to roost. I have played only a handful of games the last couple weeks, just not feeling WoWs these days.

Beta Testers
514 posts
5,206 battles

Well ranked is over, right? Scrubs are coming back to Randoms to roost.

You make it sound like there weren't enough potatoes to fill both.

[RLGN]
Members
14,935 posts
26,442 battles

For me, such potatoes were in co-op.

Doing what I can to support team in Zuiho; see the inevitable coming down the pike and head for the corner; after that it was just a matter of whether or not I could cycle my aircraft fast enough as the yolo bots tried to close with and sink me, one after another...

I won; with 5 ships sunk.

Wonder how many of the spud players in that game were surprised when a ''win.' came up in their ports; or if they even cared enough to notice.

I know the bots are tougher in higher tiers, but an 'all real players' team really does have to try to loose to the bots.

[MCGA]
[MCGA]
Beta Testers
103 posts
19,816 battles

I'm just exhausted from Ranked. I'm so tired of what I see every night. The games tend to be decided in the first 5 minutes. Then it's just 10 minutes of desperately trying to turn it around or laughing as the enemy blunders around.

Fijis going up to the other side of an island from an entire team, solo. One game, two Fijis went to two ends of the same island and suicided.

Battleships charging into caps even though there are two Shiras on the other side.

No one is ever spotted.

Teams splitting.

Solo Sims and Mahans that don't smoke anyone and abandon your two radar cruisers.

Belfasts that run up in the open, smoke, and then sit there.

Solo DDs going to the edges of the map.

BB on my team - it's a Colorado. In fact, why not give me a Gneis too. Enemy has all Scharns and Nagatos.

CV on my team - it's a Ranger!

Casually request that the whole team goes to one cap and then someone says, "No one is the boss of me!" and then harasses you as you run into him on your team every game and lose four games in a row.

I know - LOG OFF. Right? Log off. Well I have work. I can only play at certain times. And I can't carry. Maybe I'm not good enough to carry these guys.

Edited by ComradeKino

[NEMO]
Members
815 posts
8,771 battles

Just lost a random battle where my team was down 6 ships in 4 minutes without killing a single enemy. Meanwhile, I capped B in my DD, then had to go to our rear and defend from an enemy DD and CA that capped C then flanked us, while the remnants of our team all died at A.  Sigh....

The game was over so fast I couldn't manage to do more than 35k damage in a Gremy, yet I got top xp on my team. Sheesh! :facepalm:

Edited by Thraxian
  • Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Get your umbrellas out because it is storming potatoes. I don't know what MM is drinking but of the 16 or so battles I've played since last night, 14 have been 1-sided steam rollers. And I have not been on the winning team.

Nobody is safe! Hide your kids hide your wives cos they tatin' everybody out here!

:teethhappy:

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,124 battles

Well ranked is over, right? Scrubs are coming back to Randoms to roost. I have played only a handful of games the last couple weeks, just not feeling WoWs these days.

no, still 2 more weeks

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

well take out a cruiser hang back, and eat baked Potatoes or join my contest and win 6000 doubloons

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118037-contest-for-6000-gold-and-support-the-uso/page__st__20__p__2863504#entry2863504

Members
523 posts
7,869 battles

This is one of the benefits to playing CV.  Even if the team is not the greatest, you can carry very hard.

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

Just another day in the Navy, then?

Don't bother complaining until you've hit your fiftieth consecutive loss. Unless you've been through that, you've never seen frustration.

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

Just another day in the Navy, then?

Don't bother complaining until you've hit your fiftieth consecutive loss. Unless you've been through that, you've never seen frustration.

Indeed, at that point even the Buddha would start breaking furniture.

[FKTOL]
Members
277 posts

Indeed, at that point even the Buddha would start breaking furniture.

I had a really bad losing streak that quite literally extended beyond a single week. I decided to take some time away from the game. Played something else for a week or two. Came back, and started pwning. Perhaps this is an example the OP could learn from?

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Sorry guys, but it's a free to play anonymous internet game which is going to draw all sorts of people to play it. As well, many people will play and enjoy the game in their own way, don;t read the forums nor care about playing smarter nor better which is likely not the same way you want to play, and some even have technical issues with lag spikes, poor connections, etc. that hinder their ability to play well  Otherwise, some of those potatoes are paying players who help fund the development of the game and it is very likely if it weren't for those potatoes, you wouldn't have your overall higher win rates. Stop complaining about others you don't even know and realize that those who anger you, control you and likely hinders your own ability to play well due to frustration. There is way more to life than a pixel ship game. 

Members
2,614 posts
3,604 battles

You need to look at it like this.

Yes, you have weekend potatoes on your team, but the enemy team is just as likely to have the same number of potatoes on their team. Take advantage of them and farm everything from them. Wins, XP, damage, kills. The weekend potatoes allowed me to put down my best personal round overall in any ship this morning. They were so predictable in both movement and damage control use.

[B-Z]
Members
1,684 posts
18,459 battles

That's what annoys me. The enemy team rarely loses all ots ships by the 8 minutes mark whereas mine does. Using chat to discuss options or designate targets does nothing.  

Anyway I have some fries with Tabasco and I'm going to forget my problems and do something else. 

Beta Testers
478 posts

fyi if all the tators stoped playing wg would have to close the doors, and the rest of u just be avg

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles

The answer has been discovered. We now know what the brain of bad players looks like.

• Cool 1