Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gully_Foyle_AS128127006

Watching a Tirp Player snipe from range when he wasn't behind islands?

6 comments in this topic

Members
325 posts
12,504 battles

...par for the course.

Watching the same Tirp player call me the "worst Bismarck driver" in the game based on an earlier battle where I grounded myself to avoid torps and duck into smoke (and did) while the after battle results show quite a different story?

not unexpected...

Watching the same Tirp player tunnelvision a Roon which takes him from 3/4 health down to almost dead, only to eat torps and die so I get to sink the Roon he had worked so hard on?

utterly hilarious.

Earning Confed and top exp and surviving and getting the win at Tier IX?

Priceless.

priceless001.jpg

Edited by Gully_Foyle_AS128127006

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,650 battles

So you had a beef with another BB, is that correct? You also showed him that you are better than him, correct? Somehow this left you mildly upset and you had the urge to share this experience, right? That's cool, that's cool.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Don't worry. WG is continually nerfing the game down for players like him. He will be Unicum by this time next year at the current nerf/buff cycle.

Members
325 posts
12,504 battles

So you had a beef with another BB, is that correct? You also showed him that you are better than him, correct? Somehow this left you mildly upset and you had the urge to share this experience, right? That's cool, that's cool.

No, he had a beef with me.  

I didn't show him I was "better" than him, only that he was writing critical checks with his mouth his own abilities couldn't keep = always funny.  

I shared it because it's yet another illustration of the depths of the player base we all know so well, and in the minor hopes he stumbles across it here and is either trolled or ashamed or both.

Your darning (sic) with faint praise is just as cool, too.

So, here's how it went.

He's on the enemy team at Estuary.  At one point I ground myself to avoid torps and dive into smoke, which I do.  That's it.  Nothing said between us in THAT battle but checking later I did see I was more effective than he was then.

Next battle is at Sea of Hope.

He's on my team, though I don't notice this yet.

I announce where I'm going and tell the Baltimore I would try to take advantage of his AA umbrella since we had CV's.

THEN is when this guy tells me I'm the worst Bismark player in the game based on how he saw me ground.

And that's it, too, except to say I tell him I've seen worse and that my grounding was intentional and saved me from the torps I knew were incoming, plus the smoke since I needed to get cover for a repair and to douse some fires without getting lit up again - which is what I did.

So, this guy out of nowhere gives me [edited] and I play my battle and he plays his and I notice him sniping badly at range and going the long way around islands even though he wasn't near being focused.  Whatever.  After I went back and looked at the earlier battle and it was the same routine.  He was sniping at range and hugging islands.

No problem - except to say if someone comes out critically about gameplay when their own gameplay arguably leaves a whole lot to be desired (yes, I checked his stats later - they sucked, but that's not the point because I'm no unicum, either - just a helluva lot more productive than his) yeah, that's par for the course, not unexpected, totally hilarious, and in some circumstances, even priceless. 

Edited by Gully_Foyle_AS128127006

[SALVO]
Members
25,457 posts
27,411 battles

I was in a battle on the North map where a noob Tirpitz sat still, broadside to the enemy near the island in the NW, and spent the entire game sniping.  I've also seen similar things with players in Kongos sniping from near max range, using the argument that they have the advantage if they can hit enemies that can't hit them back.  But that argument fails to understand that you only have 20 minutes to win the battle, and your hit rate at those extreme ranges just won't be good enough to do the damage necessary to make a significant contribution to a winning effort.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Sniping tirpitz, (and Bismark), drivers who don't move. I just want to put my head in my hands and cry everytime i see it. I mean sure if the tirpitz/Bis is the furthest or nearly so ship forward i'll let him off, but when he's 15km behind his own allies. Just no, please, don't. 

Sign in to follow this