Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mous1

What is the best bb teck tree? To you

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

29 posts in this topic

I don't really have one I love the Germans and us but have not tried ijn yet

Let me see, I am tier 6 with the IJN (got past that in Beta) Tier 7 with the USN, and tier 6 with the Germans.

the most fun, so far = Japanese.  Why? Speed of the BB (Kongo is fun, use it to kill enemy CA) (Get a Kongo line started, in match, and pile it on...) Decent aim  with the Fuso, you should Cit a lot.

Next Fun, probably the Germans.  Why? Good shooting, and decent speed/can maneuver.

The US are hard.  Try a Colorado, and get placed in a crummy spawn location. Spend the next 5+ minutes getting to the battle. The speed is so terrible.  Maneuver? Yeah, no. Always use the Speed Trials flag on these.  Can't wait for the North Carolina.  Maneuver wrong in a Colo, and be out of the battle.

Oddly, the New Mex acts better than the Colo.  Guess the speed is less an issue 1 tier lower.  The South Carolina I kept, cause it is fun to play.

German Line for me is the most fun.... Followed by the USA..... Then  IJN .... Germany has the best maneuvering and good accurate guns.......USA Is the best!!! Why? I am a Biased corn-fed Midwestern American.........IJN the turrets turn to slow but the range and power are almost unmatched. 

The USN line is solid all around imo (except for stock Colorado, it hurts stock. Once she is fully upgraded though, she can be an absolute blast to play.) North cal is amazing and Iowa is even a step up from that

I haven't had time to grind down Germans yet but I have tirpitz and I assume Bismarck plays very similarly so I will say that tirpitz is a lot of fun to play.

As for Japanese, I've totally stalled there, I'm at fuso and just don't want to pick it up for a while (Myogi and Kongo left a bad taste in my mouth)

IJN line without any doubt

You get good guns and acceptable speed while being able to compensate for the weaker armor.

Using the Konig now which has the same tactics as Kaise online improved. Trick with ships like Iaiser is to look at the map at start of the battle where you spawned and where you need to travel and to get all your Turrets pointed to one side or the other so they will be read to broadside the enemy hence the need to plan ahead because Turrets move pretty slow but it you are prepared for broadsiding enemy it packs great punch that blankets enemy in shells and then reloads quickly. Secondary short range guns are good too.

IJN line without any doubt

You get good guns and acceptable speed while being able to compensate for the weaker armor.

Yes my Kongo has taken unbelievable punishment and survived all the while being able to keep fighting.

Yes my Kongo has taken unbelievable punishment and survived all the while being able to keep fighting.

I am at the Amagi at the moment and she combines great speed, insane firepower (she outguns all the T9 BBs) and somewhat decent armor. Only thing she doesn't have is AA but that can be compensated with a Cruiser.

If I get help - Germany. Armour and secondary for brawling, decent speed, and capable of ruining a DD's day. If they aren't focused down because they get no support.

Without support, USN, still good brawlers but better range accuracy when I'm forced to sit back and lob shells from range because everyone else is afraid to get their paint scratched and push the enemy. And has good armour unlike most IJN ships. 

I have the Yamato, Iowa (Montana researched) and Bismarck (Friedrich researched)

If you want to lolpen even when others not broadside; go IJN

You want blazing secondary guns and brawling; go German

You want to be fast, accurate guns en very good AA; go American

Each has their strengths and weaknesses.  But what I find, is the IJN line has the best guns, and weakest armor, USN is average in both guns and armor, while the German line has the best armor, but weakest guns.

Personally I enjoy the USN line the best.  I can go from sniping to brawling without a problem and once you learn where to hit German BBs, their armor isn't anything special.

I don't own any BB's ..... Spend my pounds On The Royal Navy.....  Cruisers to Be Exact....... However Most of my Friends say The USN has the Best BB's Followed by The German Line..... With the exception of One Friend Who Is working the IJN for the Yamato..... Says The Line is Mediocre So far, nothing to write his Mum about. I will wait for the RN BB's..... NOT HOLDING BREATH.......

Edited by _Lord_Scott_

I'd have to say the Ijn line as I want to play historical WW2 ships as opposed to the blueprint ones & the Yamato is one of the historical ones.

I don't really have one I love the Germans and us but have not tried ijn yet

Grinded to the tier9 German and it's not as good as the Bismark. Though Since I'm almost at the Kurfurst I will finish it off. I have played the Tier6 IJN and it's slow ROF but has a buttload of guns. I hear so much about the Nagato and it's ability to snipe out Cruisers and smaller targets. German Dispersion is rather sad soo..but their is rarely a citadel on one and they have great secondaries with torps on the tier7. Tirptiz/Sharn/Bismark seem fun!

The US BBs I come up against just lag, with speed. The NC seems interesting... I hear they make great snipers and brawlers around the Colorado. 

When I'm in my German I never fear facing an IJN if I don't have to dodge his teammates. I merely tank him and citadel him. The US BB can Brawl with me but he has to be a good player to outplay me. Usually this may end in a ram if we get close enough and one sees the tide turning!

I have played the USN down to the NC, the IJN to the Nagato, and barely touched the German line (Kasier). I liked the American BB's through the Colorado, while the NC has been a bit of a headache for me. I liked the Fuso and the Kawachi, but I didn't enjoy the Kongo or the Myogi and as of this writing, the only good thing I can say on the Nagato, is the secondaries are pretty good and her armor is pretty good as well.

My ranking: USN, IJN, then German.

Russian, starting with Khab, and continuing through Moskva.

I love the USN line because it rewards good players, a combination of decent armor and punchy guns makes her good at wrecking other ships. The KM line is my very close next favorite, amongst idiot proof play style although the guns are noticably weaker than USN and IJN. Lost but certainly not least it's the IJN, good guns, but soft targets though they have the range and speed to mitigate damage but unfortunately encourages chia-sniping tomatoes

used to be USA, but now..  no way..  nerf bat gone wild.. now German.. or ign..  T9 and T10 BB's are a joke..  getting worse all the time.

tried.. CV..  yeah Joke..  wth..  seems like the more they do the more the game declines...  Atlanta,   lead to heaven to hit anything,,  NC..  clumsy slow shells...  Iowa,  less armor then Bayern REALLY!!!  come on..  

I am at T7 for all 3 nations and am 1/2 way - 3/4 of the way to the T8's. Have played against the T8/T9's. Have not played against any of the T10's.  Based on that, for me, and excluding any Premium BB's...

KM

USN

IJN

It is actually sort of close between KM and USN for the #1 spot. KM line is faster and has better armor but the USN line has superior guns. The  KM lines wins out though because basically their armor, faster ship AND gun reload speed, will usually give you the edge and help cover any mistakes you might make. USN guns though are WAY better. KM line has better secondary's and USN line has better AA so I call that a wash. IJN line IMO is inferior to both by a long shot( through what I have played and played against - does not include Yamato ). Very weak armor for BB's and super inconsistent AP damage. I don't see the superior accuracy with them their stats and other people commenting about suggest they have either. Example, I have seen people talk about Nagato having laser guns and how it pummels what it hits. That has not been the case for me. Accuracy/dispersion has been almost as bad as Gneiseanu for me and when I do hit the damage is very inconsistent. Colorado is far more accurate and deals far more damage for me.

So for me it is as shown above through playing up to T7 and against up to T9. Individual tiers I would say...

Tier 3:

• Nassau
  • South Carolina
  • Kawachi

Tier 4:

• Wyoming
  • Kaiser
  • Myogi ( worst BB in game! )

Tier 5:

• Konig ( one of best BB's in game )
  • New York
  • Kongo

Tier 6:

• Bayern
  • New Mexico
  • Fuso

Tier 7:

• Colorado ( it's slow and squishy but good lord those guns and the AA is awesome too. one of my favorite BB's overall )
  • Gneisenau
  • Nagato

The following is based solely on playing against the ships as I have not played them myself yet...

Tier 8:

Bismarck ( no brainer here )

North Carolina

Amagi

Tier 9:

Iowa

Friedrich der Große

Izumo ( have not played against but from what I see in stats and in replays not impressed ).

Germans to me. I own the T3 through the T10 and Tirpitz. Few other BBs appear superior to me in either the Jap or American lines and i have a few of those as well.

One thing I've seen quite often, is a player who starts with the German line learns how not to drive a BB.

The German line IMO is the best and the only one i have stuck with i have the New Mexico and stopped there, i stopped at the second jap BB just can not run them, i do have the ARP ships but i rarely run them,  the German BB's are the ones i have kept from tier IV made it to tier VI but only because i prefer the Jap DD's over everything and i stopped at tier VIII with those and will with the German BB's, tier IX and X are just not worth the grind

To say simply,  All types of BBs,  unlike the issue of balance for CVs,  are good in different ways.

Germans are VERY good in mid-range brawls with their amazing 'turtle' armor and very strong 2nds, 

along with having good agility.   They are soft against Torps though so you need to stay awares.

Have good camo at mid/low tiers til tier 9/10.  Often rather fast, if most fast in class.

The 10 has though absolute God Level armor if kept at all angled.

*For those who's blood is up and want to get into "close" fights with targets in the 10km ranges.

*Weak vs Torps.

USN  BBs are very good  "Brawlers",  mid/low tiers having very high protection vs Torps along with sharp turn-rates and decent camo again like Germans have.   Become Gods of AA at tier 8,  with 8/9 having amazing Bow armor, but weak sides.

The Monty has in many ways the weakest armor of the 3  10s, but is still good if used with great care,

with the Iowa in some ways being much more hard to kill.  Most are very slow though til 8 and up.

*For those that love to brawl and kite in low tiers,  and want to be able to hold a line  'bow on' fighting later on, and hate CVs.

*Gods vs Torps but at 8 and 9,  weak on 2nds compared to Germans so are the most "about the guns."

IJN  BBs have the best Main Guns in terms of Size and Power per Gun if at times fewer of em vs the USN BBs,

but also the best average Top Speeds for a "Hit and Run" play style at mid to longer ranges.

Have good armor being BBs that are more narrowed in their Hulls,  but lack much added armor so be wary.  

Have weaker AA than others,  with ok 2nds for up close but not as good as Germans.

*For those that like to Snipe and Kite,  who have good aim.

*Very good at deciding fights on their terms,  largely built around kiting targets.

*Not for overly aggressive players if they lack combat awareness. 

Hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0