Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AhosChaos

Baltimore Post 2: Baltimore Harder

3 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
11,757 battles

So even after 60 games, I still don't have the Baltimore fully upgraded, but I have the range mod and upgraded hull.  The Baltimore feels lacking, probably because I don't have the 10 second reload, but aside from that it feels like it turns just a bit too wide.  730 meter turning radius compared to the 660 the NO had and the 620 the PCola had is pretty not great.  Granted 730 is better than its competitors, it just feels off.

This is an example of not typical play for me, but it worked so watch the replay, I feel like a CA's play shouldn't degrade into bow tanking like a BB does, but at the same time this is the way I've taken the most damage and lived so...

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/31780-AhosChaos-Baltimore-Warriors_Path

Also looks like I might be getting an Okhotnik?

gRsTg5M.jpg

2m3XbVT.jpg

Another thing I am getting close to my 16th point, should I bank this one or use it to get a 2 point skill?

Right now I have

PT

EM

SI

AFT CE

I am thinking of investing into AR, but at the same time DE would bump my fire chance up to 18% then with flags becomes 20% which is very respectable.

Members
2,110 posts
32,488 battles

I wasn't very good with Balti before the buff- atrocious actually. I'm a better player now and with the buffs she is a very capable ship at her tier now. Not a fan of DE as AP is deadly and unless I'm DD hunting AP is loaded. You can still set fires and damage DDs without DE. The MB3 upgrade gets you to an 8.8 sec reload. That is huge compared to the eternity of a reload it used to have. Other than that if you see a broadside cruiser in her you should be salivating at the opportunity to put 6 or 9 of those AP beauties in it. Heck, i demolished a full health, broadside Iowa at close range (again the Iowa citadel issue). Even so it's still an at tier BB getting shredded by cruiser guns.

Members
363 posts
11,757 battles

I wasn't very good with Balti before the buff- atrocious actually. I'm a better player now and with the buffs she is a very capable ship at her tier now. Not a fan of DE as AP is deadly and unless I'm DD hunting AP is loaded. You can still set fires and damage DDs without DE. The MB3 upgrade gets you to an 8.8 sec reload. That is huge compared to the eternity of a reload it used to have. Other than that if you see a broadside cruiser in her you should be salivating at the opportunity to put 6 or 9 of those AP beauties in it. Heck, i demolished a full health, broadside Iowa at close range (again the Iowa citadel issue). Even so it's still an at tier BB getting shredded by cruiser guns.

I do have the Balti fully upgraded now, but it feels like shooting AP at everything isn't the best choice.  For example, I don't feel comfortable using AP against angled CA's at 13+km ranges partially because of the shell time and I am too used poor AP performance from other nations.  If the shells hit they will go in, but I am just never confident about firing them.

If I don't invest into DE what would I get instead?

Also about MB3, I don't like the slower turret traverse speed.  As it is I've already invested into EM with my captain and even then the turrets feel slow.   30 seconds base isn't bad at all, but it feels slow especially when you have BB's that rival that traverse speed with EM *cough* *cough* Izumo *cough* *cough* 

Also I just realized I have the wrong picture for the Zoup Okhotnik thing.

This is the correct image

frfi2K6.jpg

Zoup I hope you keep your word.  If not oh well I guess, but it would be nice if you did.

Sign in to follow this