You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zim_Xero

Invisifire

69 comments in this topic

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

If invisifire is simply removed.  Certain ships will be nerfed to oblivion.  I suggest the following:

It would make good sense if every .5km of invisifire range coverts into -1 second of firing bloom.  (20 seconds is standard)

In otherwords... once stealth would go beyond your firing range... that you your bloom after firing would be less than 20 seconds instead.

Edited by Zim_Xero
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,268 posts
27,679 battles

What I find terribly amusing about the removal of invisafiring is that a couple premium destroyers were sold to us with it's ability to invisafire as one of it's biggest selling points. Now they are removing the feature that made people want to buy the ship in the first place. *rolls up a news paper* Bad WG Bad!

• Cool 6

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles

And we get another the world is ending post about this. It is only open water invisifiring that is being impacted. Use smoke or an island and it will still work. I wish people would think a little before panicking.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

And we get another the world is ending post about this. It is only open water invisifiring that is being impacted. Use smoke or an island and it will still work. I wish people would think a little before panicking.

islands don't work when your guns don't have USN shell arcs, which happens to be the majority.

Also, smoke doesn't last long, unless it's USN smoke.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

:facepalm:

So instead of actually considering the OP's argument (which is fairly reasonable) and providing a counterargument based on it, you label it as a "world is ending post" and reject it just because of that? 

I wish people would actually read posts before before forcing them into a stereotype. 

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

So instead of actually considering the OP's argument (which is fairly reasonable) and providing a counterargument based on it, you label it as a "world is ending post" and reject it just because of that? 

I wish people would actually read posts before before forcing them into a stereotype. 

yeah, he doesn't understand the primary argument about this change. WG always says that they try to not nerf premium ships if at all possible, but this is an effective nerf to ships like the Blys (for just one example). They are really going to need to compensate somehow and lowering the bloom time might be a good solution although I'm not necessarily sold on a direct formula like suggested.

I think we should just suggest to WG that they take that approach and let them figure out the numbers, etc since they have access to more data than we do.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

I think this is a very nice lesson in why good presentation of your main points can matter.

Which is coincidentally part of what I cover in that nice little link located in my signature.  

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Tempted to just write thread essay and cite it every time rather than go through this tired old thing over and over again.

If they were going to touch the premiums they should have just done it to all of them. Full mechanics overhaul. Reign in guns to tier 3/4 dispersion or Cleveland shell flight time and balance from there. Bonus points in that it would help fix the Nikolai as well. Certainly would solve more problems than this frankly minor patch up.

Members
11,026 posts
30,472 battles

yeah, he doesn't understand the primary argument about this change. WG always says that they try to not nerf premium ships if at all possible, but this is an effective nerf to ships like the Blys (for just one example). They are really going to need to compensate somehow and lowering the bloom time might be a good solution although I'm not necessarily sold on a direct formula like suggested.

I think we should just suggest to WG that they take that approach and let them figure out the numbers, etc since they have access to more data than we do.

And why should they be compensated?

Games should be games first, and businesses second. That's the more successful model in the long term, if devs like Riot Games and CD Projekt are anything to go by.

Modifying gameplay for any reason other than balance should be rejected out of hand.

A ship that can never be directly nerfed should never be directly buffed, even if they get screwed by a mechanics change.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

And why should they be compensated?

Games should be games first, and businesses second. That's the more successful model in the long term, if devs like Riot Games and CD Projekt are anything to go by.

Modifying gameplay for any reason other than balance should be rejected out of hand.

A ship that can never be directly nerfed should never be directly buffed, even if they get screwed by a mechanics change.

As far as I can tell, OP's argument is not limited to premiums only. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles

I understood his complaint but premiums being affected by across the board changes happens in WoT & WoWP too. They rarely nerf premiums directly unless they are so overpowered that a monkey can do well in them, Type 59 anyone.

They don't directly nerf premiums but an across the board change will affect them. When the US gun arcs were changed it affected the Sims too. If there is ever an across the board buff it will affect premiums too.

Members
11,026 posts
30,472 battles

As far as I can tell, OP's argument is not limited to premiums only. 

And my post, like the one I responded to, was about premiums only.

Non premiums can be buffed and nerfed as needed.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I understood his complaint but premiums being affected by across the board changes happens in WoT & WoWP too. They rarely nerf premiums directly unless they are so overpowered that a monkey can do well in them, Type 59 anyone.

They don't directly nerf premiums but an across the board change will affect them. When the US gun arcs were changed it affected the Sims too. If there is ever an across the board buff it will affect premiums too.

OK, now would you kindly point out where OP says anything about premiums? 

[USCC2]
Members
6,191 posts

What I find terribly amusing about the removal of invisafiring is that a couple premium destroyers were sold to us with it's ability to invisafire as one of it's biggest selling points. Now they are removing the feature that made people want to buy the ship in the first place. *rolls up a news paper* Bad WG Bad!

In these cases some may get refunds if this was the case. Only issue is I am sure there will be some small text somewhere that states anything is liable to change.

Still, if the selling point was invisifire then who knows? Good luck with that one though lol.

[USCC2]
Members
6,191 posts

If invisifire is simply removed.  Certain ships will be nerfed to oblivion.  I suggest the following:

It would make good sense if every .5km of invisifire range coverts into -1 second of firing bloom.  (20 seconds is standard)

In otherwords... once stealth would go beyond your firing range... that you your bloom after firing would be less than 20 seconds instead.

That's not a bad idea. Although I'm thinking that the way changes have been implemented in the past, WG are just likely to hatchet job the change with no thought to the other effects it may have to certain ships.
Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Break it now, "fix" later... They cannot know all the ways this will change the game. WG will make the change, wait and see how it goes then start hacking and slashing from there. We could end up with a junk game for a few weeks while it sorts out. 

What I'm having a hard time understanding is how they think nerfing a feature they "highlighted" during the sales of select invisifiring ships is going to be all good. That's a pretty big hit to consumer confidence when it comes to 50 dollar pixel boats. I know I won't be exactly tripping over myself for the wallet next time a ship hits the store. I have a lot of premiums but that stands to stop and I'll only pick up a 'must have' like Haida. 

Don't want to sound like an alarmist but I'm really going to think hard when dropping money on this game moving forward.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles

OK, now would you kindly point out where OP says anything about premiums? 

It was late and I responded to the second quote when responding to the first one. :nerv_fish: Also I think that since the op's most played ship in his most played class is a premium that is known for its invisifiring I probably read into his post.

[USCC2]
Members
6,191 posts

It was late and I responded to the second quote when responding to the first one. :nerv_fish: Also I think that since the op's most played ship in his most played class is a premium that is known for its invisifiring I probably read into his post.

His most played ship has nothing to do with his idea; why do people run to a players stats so often in order to insinuate something?

Honestly, I very much doubt invisifire counts for that much of the kill or win rate in game - just the frustration that BB players have. Please take it away WG, and line up the next nerf; if they have nerfed torpedoes, fire chance, invisifire, I'm guessing it will be smoke and a reduction in time next (then probably the fire chance again lol).

At some stage there will only be BBs left.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Do you know how annoying it is to be shot at by an invisible HE spammer?

Do you know how annoying it is to be deleted by a battleship? 
  • Cool 3

Members
474 posts
598 battles

Do you know how annoying it is to be deleted by a battleship? 

A cruiser should never show their broadside to a battleship in the first place, that's why they get deleted.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

A cruiser should never show their broadside to a battleship in the first place, that's why they get deleted.

A battleship should know to never sail alone, and that HE damage is fully repairable. 
  • Cool 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,139 posts
16,402 battles

Do you know how annoying it is to be shot at by an invisible HE spammer?

Go towards them, they will stop soon as they realize they will either have to change direction or stop firing to stay invisible. If they have to change direction to run in front of you, they won't be able to bring as many guns to bear on you. If you cannot go towards them because of the rest of the invisi-firer's team, then chances are you were going to be killed anyways. Invisifire is a mid to late game tactic, its hard to set up and do early game. So if you are getting invisifired effectively for a long period of time, chances are a loss was on your horizon anyways.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles

His most played ship has nothing to do with his idea; why do people run to a players stats so often in order to insinuate something?

Honestly, I very much doubt invisifire counts for that much of the kill or win rate in game - just the frustration that BB players have. Please take it away WG, and line up the next nerf; if they have nerfed torpedoes, fire chance, invisifire, I'm guessing it will be smoke and a reduction in time next (then probably the fire chance again lol).

At some stage there will only be BBs left.

There is often good reasons to check a players stats when they are complaining about something, torpedoe bombers need to be nerfed - do they have experience with CV's for example. In this case it was to see what he played to see if the post was really a complaint that a play style he used was being impacted. While this is an arcade game none of the ships that can invisifire had enough range to do so in the real world.

A battleship should know to never sail alone, and that HE damage is fully repairable. 

No it isn't fully repairable. Only fire damage is fully repairable the non fire damage done by HE has the same percentage that can be repaired as AP.

Go towards them, they will stop soon as they realize they will either have to change direction or stop firing to stay invisible. If they have to change direction to run in front of you, they won't be able to bring as many guns to bear on you. If you cannot go towards them because of the rest of the invisi-firer's team, then chances are you were going to be killed anyways. Invisifire is a mid to late game tactic, its hard to set up and do early game. So if you are getting invisifired effectively for a long period of time, chances are a loss was on your horizon anyways.

99% of the time the victim is slower than the tormentor.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1