Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dem0lsh0r

To those who complain about torpedoes being unbeatable

20 comments in this topic

Members
6,163 posts
7,827 battles

I'm glad you pointed that part out. There's one thing about that sequence that slightly irks me. The ship leans into it's turn as it's turning into the spread of torpedoes. Ships that large, as far as I've observed, lean out when they turn, so shouldn't that Ibuki be leaning out as it turns to port?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I'm glad you pointed that part out. There's one thing about that sequence that slightly irks me. The ship leans into it's turn as it's turning into the spread of torpedoes. Ships that large, as far as I've observed, lean out when they turn, so shouldn't that Ibuki be leaning out as it turns to port?

True. 

Also, how can you tell if that's the Ibuki and not the Mogami? I can't really tell from the video alone. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,173 posts
4,474 battles

Animator was a bike enthusiast...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles

The WASD hack in action in the live game. Notice the comment from a red player near the end.

Edited by BrushWolf

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Good observation. This is in fact what many people use as the differentiation between a ship and a boat. Boats lean into turns. Ships, due to their weight and mass interacting with the water, lean out from their turns.

We observe this in the game, so it's clear WG is aware of this effect, so it's a bit odd that they'd forget about it in this trailer.

But for those of you for whom this is new, I suggest you look up all the World of Warships trailers. They're very well done, each and every one.

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
10,646 battles

The WASD hack in action in the live game. Notice the comment from a red player near the end.

to low res cant read

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles

Good observation. This is in fact what many people use as the differentiation between a ship and a boat. Boats lean into turns. Ships, due to their weight and mass interacting with the water, lean out from their turns.

We observe this in the game, so it's clear WG is aware of this effect, so it's a bit odd that they'd forget about it in this trailer.

But for those of you for whom this is new, I suggest you look up all the World of Warships trailers. They're very well done, each and every one.

It is a trailer and not actual game play and obviously not made by the developers. It is very common incomputer games as very few game companies use the game engine to create their trailers.

to low res cant read

Gah, forget to set the resolution when I created it, too much to drink. What was said was "BrushWolf for What Torpedoes NA" from a red player.

Edited by BrushWolf

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,017 battles

True. 

Also, how can you tell if that's the Ibuki and not the Mogami? I can't really tell from the video alone. 

No it's Mogami the other ship is Aoba. You can tell due the mast placement. Mogami has hers either right in front of turret 4 facing forward on Hull A, or right behind the funnel racing the rear on hulls B and C. Ibuki always has a forward facing mast in front of turret 4.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

It is a trailer and not actual game play and obviously not made by the developers. It is very common incomputer games as very few game companies use the game engine to create their trailers.

Yeah but I can't believe WG doesn't proof these things so they can catch mistakes like this, or things like "the torpedoes this ship carries have red warheads, not yellow" or "this ships' radar dish should be spinning" or the like.

Members
6,163 posts
7,827 battles

No it's Mogami the other ship is Aoba. You can tell due the mast placement. Mogami has hers either right in front of turret 4 facing forward on Hull A, or right behind the funnel racing the rear on hulls B and C. Ibuki always has a forward facing mast in front of turret 4.

True.

Look at where the imperial crest is on the bow. Mogami's crest is on the bow, whereas Ibuki's is above it like Aoba. Also, the AA emplacements on the bridge tower give it away as well.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,017 battles

Look at where the imperial crest is on the bow. Mogami's crest is on the bow, whereas Ibuki's is above it like Aoba. Also, the AA emplacements on the bridge tower give it away as well.

Good points, but mine still stand. It appears then that the crest and AA emplacements are taken from Ibuki and put on Mogami in this video. Because as I said, Ibuki does not have that mast at any point. To further the point Aoba can only see Mogami and not Ibuki as well.

Edit: Aslo after looking at pictures this model in the video has the crest in the same place as Mogami. The only difference I see is the triangular mast on the 3 turret, it's larger than it should be. Furthermore, the AA guns flanking the 3 turret and bridge are triple Type 96's not the Chi Bofors.

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,126 battles

Yeah but I can't believe WG doesn't proof these things so they can catch mistakes like this, or things like "the torpedoes this ship carries have red warheads, not yellow" or "this ships' radar dish should be spinning" or the like.

oh, hey listen there are so many deviations from reality in this.....it's fun and stirring and gets your attention, like it's supposed to. But a reflection of combat at sea? Nope. 

Members
6,163 posts
7,827 battles

Good points, but mine still stand. It appears then that the crest and AA emplacements are taken from Ibuki and put on Mogami in this video. Because as I said, Ibuki does not have that mast at any point. To further the point Aoba can only see Mogami and not Ibuki as well.

Edit: Aslo after looking at pictures this model in the video has the crest in the same place as Mogami. The only difference I see is the triangular mast on the 3 turret, it's larger than it should be. Furthermore, the AA guns flanking the 3 turret and bridge are triple Type 96's not the Chi Bofors.

Yeah, but the metal piece that the crest is on(don't know exactly what it I called) is absent on all hulls for Mogami(she has the crest actually on the bow, not above it), whereas here it's above the bow like on Ibuki. Also, Mogami's #2 203mm turret has to elevate to traverse one side to the other, Ibuki's does not and neither does the ship in the trailer. At best, I'd say the ship shown is closer to Ibuki than mogami, though it's definitely a Frankenstein of the two.

Edit: Also, I don't think Mogami's bow arcs up as much as the ship shown with Aoba.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,017 battles

Yeah, but the metal piece that the crest is on(don't know exactly what it I called) is absent on all hulls for Mogami(she has the crest actually on the bow, not above it), whereas here it's above the bow like on Ibuki. Also, Mogami's #2 203mm turret has to elevate to traverse one side to the other, Ibuki's does not and neither does the ship in the trailer. At best, I'd say the ship shown is closer to Ibuki than mogami, though it's definitely a Frankenstein of the two. Edit: Also, I don't think Mogami's bow arcs up as much as the ship shown with Aoba.

After looking over pictures I can say that we are both right in a way. This video's ship is the real life Mogami, right down to the smallest detail (I found out that Ibuki never had the triangular mast on the 4 turret whereas Mogami did). However it is an amalgamation of the in game models of Ibuki and Mogami (As if I recall, turret 2 way back then didn't elevate in game anyway to go past turret 1. It just phased through it. WG added that little extra bit much later on in WoWs life)

Members
6,163 posts
7,827 battles

After looking over pictures I can say that we are both right in a way. This video's ship is the real life Mogami, right down to the smallest detail (I found out that Ibuki never had the triangular mast on the 4 turret whereas Mogami did). However it is an amalgamation of the in game models of Ibuki and Mogami (As if I recall, turret 2 way back then didn't elevate in game anyway to go past turret 1. It just phased through it. WG added that little extra bit much later on in WoWs life)

Well, to be fair, Ibuki was never more than an empty hull in a dry dock either. And, it kind of makes sense that it would be a mesh of the two, as the Ibuki's were basically just improved Mogami's.

Sign in to follow this