Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

With 0.6.3 coming

91 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,247 posts
10,081 battles

With invisifire getting the boot, the meta change I'll bet comes next is a lot of emphasis on Cat and Mouse. Whoever gets caught out of position or messes up first gets half the reds focusing him.

So it seems there'll possibly be greater emphasis on stealth builds, even BBs. US BBs seem to have the edge here (T8 NC 11.3km detect) over their counterparts.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,316 posts
13,232 battles

I predict fewer DDs but more torps.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

NC is 11.8km

What you will see are less DDs shooting without smoke, even more camping and even more torpedoes.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,017 battles

NC is 11.8km

What you will see are less DDs shooting without smoke, even more camping and even more torpedoes.

And way fewer IJN DD's, especially Akizuki.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

Honestly, I don't think Akizuki would be playable without invisifire, as long as she keeps her current 12.2km with AFT and cruiser maneuverability.

Lit Akizuki = dead Akizuki

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I predict fewer DDs but more torps.

Yeah I intend to lock my guns and only fire torpedoes from now on. If they're going to punish me for using my guns with how little benefit they give, I simply won't use them.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Why would you think there would be fewer IJN DDs? They would not be all that affected by the loss of stealth gun firing because their main advantages are stealthy hulls and Torpedoes so they can just figure 8 out in open water and keep launching Torpedoes until target is destroyed.

A lot of times a I don't use guns much anyway on DDs unless I am dueling it out with DD, CA, or harrasing poor undefended carriers. Or have no choice but to make use of guns thanks to getting surrounded 

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

Why would you think there would be fewer IJN DDs? They would not be all that affected by the loss of stealth gun firing because their main advantages are stealthy hulls and Torpedoes so they can just figure 8 out in open water and keep launching Torpedoes until target is destroyed.

that's only how the lower tiers without any range work.

or scrub captains that haven't figured out they have effective guns.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Because due to heavy torpedo nerfs over the past year, guns are the main source of damage for IJN destroyers now.

Doesn't matter. I'll keep using Yuugumo, Akatsuki, Fujin, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, and eventually Shimakaze. Out of spite.

But with only 1 torpedo launcher, Akizuki is benched after this change. Since it's all about making IJN guns worthless.

Is anyone else furious that the IJN finally got a half-decent gunboat destroyer and it's been pretty much immediately nerfed to trash tier?

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

that's only how the lower tiers without any range work.

or scrub captains that haven't figured out they have effective guns.

I often slip behind the enemy  battle line early on so stealth is an absolute necessity to stay alive and often results in the loss of enemy carriers and done choice battle ships lol.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

And BB mains say that WG isn't catering to them? Pfft!

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Because due to heavy torpedo nerfs over the past year, guns are the main source of damage for IJN destroyers now.

Doesn't matter. I'll keep using Yuugumo, Akatsuki, Fujin, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, and eventually Shimakaze. Out of spite.

But with only 1 torpedo launcher, Akizuki is benched after this change. Since it's all about making IJN guns worthless.

Is anyone else furious that the IJN finally got a half-decent gunboat destroyer and it's been pretty much immediately nerfed to trash tier?

Isn't Kamikaze R the premium they said is a bit OP? I would imagine that would have to renainnan effective weapon.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,489 battles

The removal of SF eont hit me that hard as a VMF DD main. I get shot at a ton anyways but I still do pretty well regardless 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Isn't Kamikaze R the premium they said is a bit OP? I would imagine that would have to renainnan effective weapon.

It's only good because it has a good layout of torpedo launchers. The guns on the Kamikaze class are nothing to write home about, but then, I rarely use their guns anyway except to finish off low health opponents or hassle battleships from smoke (which is the next thing they'll whine out of the game, no doubt).

Fujin/Kamikaze/R are relics of the IJN Destroyers of ages past. When some of them were actually permitted to be good, rather than just food for USN and RU destroyers to chase down.

IJN finally got a high tier ship that challenged the RU supremacy and as you can see it's being nerfed with the fist of an angry god.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

And BB mains say that WG isn't catering to them? Pfft!

From what I have heard of tier X these changes are attempts to fix the problems, but if that's true they they should only have it effect top tier.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

I often slip behind the enemy  battle line early on so stealth is an absolute necessity to stay alive and often results in the loss of enemy carriers and done choice battle ships lol.

that really only happens in lower tiers.

If you pull that off in higher tiers, it usually means your team is going to lose, because they have 1 less DD screening against red DDs.

And in higher tiers, CVs have enough speed and armor to run away from DDs no problem.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

It's only good because it has a good layout of torpedo launchers. The guns on the Kamikaze class are nothing to write home about, but then, I rarely use their guns anyway except to finish off low health opponents or hassle battleships from smoke (which is the next thing they'll whine out of the game, no doubt).

Fujin/Kamikaze/R are relics of the IJN Destroyers of ages past. When some of them were actually permitted to be good, rather than just food for USN and RU destroyers to chase down.

IJN finally got a high tier ship that challenged the RU supremacy and as you can see it's being nerfed with the fist of an angry god.

I am still holding out some hope that Harekaze DD will be a good one when it arrives since it's an Anime DD and that means it would have to put out a solid performance.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

From what I have heard of tier X these changes are attempts to fix the problems, but if that's true they they should only have it effect top tier.

Only problems from people who want it all on a silver platter and do not wish to adapt.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

If you pull that off in higher tiers, it usually means your team is going to lose, because they have 1 less DD screening against red DDs.

And in higher tiers, CVs have enough speed and armor to run away from DDs no problem.

There are times when I still do it in high tiers because I recognize from the get-go that my team is going to lose so I might as well try for some damage without killing myself for it.

Half the time I do this, Iencounter the carrier coming towards me and they turn like a barn on roller skates, so it's easy to get them that way.

but yeah 90% of the time it's a bad idea and a waste of time to even attempt it

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,917 battles

well if we are lucky and i hope they do this they should increase the smoke time duration of creating smoke for us, german and russian dds and have them last longer. but at the same time also nerf the smoke duration for ijn and make it so they have less puffs

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

well if we are lucky and i hope they do this they should increase the smoke time duration of creating smoke for us, german and russian dds and have them last longer. but at the same time also nerf the smoke duration for ijn and make it so they have less puffs

get-out.gif
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Oh don't worry lol I usually have to kill a couple ships enroute since teams so often spread out though island so you have to dispatch a patrol or 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Oh come on why do people hate IJN? Historically they had the best Torpedoes so they need to have those OP Torpedo in game but thanks to complaints they keep getting nerfed :(

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Good get ready of stealth firing, you scrubs that rely so heavily on it will force you guys to actually engage and play the ships the way they are designed to be played.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Oh come on why do people hate IJN? Historically they had the best Torpedoes so they need to have those OP Torpedo in game but thanks to complaints they keep getting nerfed :(

he's a hater. We've already driven him out of 2 prior threads by confronting his spiteful ignorance with facts.

Sign in to follow this