Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K_Otic1

And you wonder why players are leaving?

57 comments in this topic

[RE]
Beta Testers
4 posts
4,687 battles

Well we saw it in Warplanes and now there is a significant drop in players in ships.  Why?

1. Overtiering is utterly ridicules if you are 2 tiers lower your done you might as well sit back and stay at base expecially if your 2 tiers below a destroyer.  Probably 70% of battles and when divisioned its higher.

2. Destroyers are now the most op vessel in the game.  Destroyers were used for the outer defense of aircraft carriers and they were for dropping depth charges.  The ones in the game are invisible have

unbelievable range and drop 12 -15 torpedos at a time.  Again a tier 8 battleship against a t10 destroyer has no chance.  They must be nerfed.  A higher spotting distance for torpedos would suffice but also the amount of

torps per release needs to be addressed.

3. There was/is significant population to have same tier battles you could make them 10 v 10   8 v 8  and there wouldn't be a noticeable wait for game play.

So probably this has all been stated before.  I have been a long time Warplanes player and this is what happened with that game.  When you are continuously overtiered and lose battle after battle I'm sorry

but your going to find another game to play.  Warplanes went from 10k players to 650 on a good night.  If it doesn't get fixed this game will be another lost cause.  Once you lose the base the players rarely come back.

2 months ago I stated this and we have seen a significant drop of players.

WARGAMING WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Edited by Cdn_Avro
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

The game's fine. No need to be an alarmist. 

• Cool 7

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

Warplanes was dead on arrival. They screwed that game up before CBT even ended. As for warships, DDs are quite possibly the most underpowered class in the game and uptiering has nothing wrong with it. If you're down tiered change your strategy.

• Cool 7

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
594 posts
8,966 battles

1. Chapayev can utterly crush T10 destroyers. It's not about the tier, it's about the ship.

2. If you think DDs are broken, wait until you face a good CV.

3. It would remove all incentive for progression. Why go up in tiers if you always fight ships at your own tier?

• Cool 2

Members
4,546 posts

A lot of times is the player not the ship.  I play T6 mostly and get uptiered quite often and do just fine most games.  Being in the top tier doesn't mean you'll do any better if you don't know how to play the ship.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Weirdo sh_tposting has started.

Yep, it's the start of yet another wonderful weekend...

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Blatant whining about destroyers from a battleship main.

If they're so strong, play the Japanese destroyers up to Shimakaze and show us how it's done.

• Cool 1

Members
2,136 posts
5,764 battles

1. Yeah, whatever.

rKEv3aO.jpg

2. DDs on the outside ring, CA/CLs and BBs in the close-in AA ring. Some of those ships did exist and were capable of launching that many torps. Also, the torps (Thos IJN ones you are complaning about) were even less visible than they are in the game.

3. Just wait in queue long enough during off-hours, you will get very odd battle sizes.

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Members
154 posts
4,644 battles

Great first post! Feel free to peruse the forums and comment on other threads that share your sentiments. Who knows, maybe you will learn something.

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

OP is one of those BBabies who love to rain salt in forums over not understanding game mechanics.

BTW there was another thread on player levels albeit the non-salty variety and it was shown there is no drop in players. You might be mistaking your perceived drop in random battles due to the ranked season going on.

Anyway Git Gud please.

• Cool 1

[FFG31]
Beta Testers
504 posts
5,802 battles

Very consistent player base of 13k during weeknight prime and 15k on weekends. Been like that for a year. Not sure what OP is saying about player population. :unsure:

Edited by Lightning_Lad64

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Vigilance, hydro, general map awareness and paranoia. There are a variety of tools and tactics available to protect yourself from torpedoes.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,702 battles

Well we saw it in Warplanes and now there is a significant drop in players in ships.  Why?

1. Overtiering is utterly ridicules if you are 2 tiers lower your done you might as well sit back and stay at base expecially if your 2 tiers below a destroyer.  Probably 70% of battles and when divisioned its higher.

2. Destroyers are now the most op vessel in the game.  Destroyers were used for the outer defense of aircraft carriers and they were for dropping depth charges.  The ones in the game are invisible have

unbelievable range and drop 12 -15 torpedos at a time.  Again a tier 8 battleship against a t10 destroyer has no chance.  They must be nerfed.  A higher spotting distance for torpedos would suffice but also the amount of

3. There was/is significant population to have same tier battles you could make them 10 v 10   8 v 8  and there wouldn't be a noticeable wait for game play.

So probably this has all been stated before.  I have been a long time Warplanes player and this is what happened with that game.  When you are continuously overtiered and lose battle after battle I'm sorry

but your going to find another game to play.  Warplanes went from 10k players to 650 on a good night.  If it doesn't get fixed this game will be another lost cause.  Once you lose the base the players rarely come back.

So much conformation bias it's not even funny. Hell next patch they are completely getting rid of stealth firing. Stop being a baBBie and grow a goddamn pair.

Idiots like you that give all of us players a bad name.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,100 posts

I've been long enough, read more than enough postings to know some of this stuff gets.... well, it gets old. Let me clarify.

Game. Not real life. Doesn't matter what a ship/class did in real life, really it does. not. matter. Clear on this? 

Not a simulation. Nope. It's a game. 

I propose in fact the new, defacto response for almost every complaint related to things being "unfair" or "unrealistic" or "un-anything" be Game tm

Because seriously guys - what I perceive happening is this game morphing away from what it used to be - one heckuva fun game to play. Reasonably easy to grasp and play, with weights and counterweights... balance was there but needed tweaking. Sadly, tweaking does not involve big giant software versions of Thor's hammer. It's a tweak, minute, small, tiny, barely perceptible. 

But this did not happen. I do not believe it financially reasonable to believe it will ever go back to what it was. Where it's going, well now that's a whole different matter. 

There's competition for players out there... it need not be the same "game", it need only draw the attention of the players away from playing this game. Its the same for foodies really... there's always another new restaurant to sample, another new "best place to dine", so on, so forth. The hope is of course, those rotating lobby doors keep rotating with new players coming into the restaurant at least equal to those leaving. 

The desire is for more and more to stay of course. 

If you go about the net you find all manner of thought about the current state of the game and its future. Yup, always folks saying it's ready to drop, better dig the trench now and call the coroner. I just wonder about the end of invisi-fire though... a global change which will apply to all ships, premiums included. 

I think that's gonna make more than a few folks irritable. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,679 posts
2,621 battles

The tiering complaint isn't entirely unfounded.  Out of my first 10 matches in the Omaha, only twice was I not bottom tier.  It certainly wasn't fun, and to newer players can be very off-putting.

[KIA-C]
Members
263 posts
3,866 battles

This guy has no idea what the hell he is talking about. I have played DDs less and less because is becoming harder and harder to do well in them. Learn the facts, do us a favor and stop wasting our time.

Thanks,

Sparrow

[KIA-C]
Members
263 posts
3,866 battles

There is crazy and then there is bat-sh*t crazy and this guy falls into the second category.

Members
4,546 posts

The tiering complaint isn't entirely unfounded.  Out of my first 10 matches in the Omaha, only twice was I not bottom tier.  It certainly wasn't fun, and to newer players can be very off-putting.

And many of us have complained about it.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,618 posts
20,791 battles

Since the changes to tier 4 MM a few patches ago tier 5 has been up-tiered more often than not. Lert started to do a study and several players also chipped in as did I, here are my results:

100 battles done.  Used .......Murmansk, Fujin, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Gremmy, Texas, Zuiho, Konigsberg,  Kongo, Kirov, Nicholas and Furataca.

Play times were between 6:00 AM pst and 10:00 PM pst.

54% were tier 7

22% were tier 6

24% were tier 5

Now bear in mind this was an experiment with tier 5 only and I have no idea if the same frequency of up-tiering takes place in other tiers, though it certainly "feels" like it does not.

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

I'm sorry, but up-tiering is not a serious issue. You are usually ignored in favor of higher tiered ships. And nearly all of my best DD games have been done while up-tiered, many of them by two tiers.

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles

Typical first time poster. Everyone shake your head and move along. There's nothing to see here.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

1. No. All you need to do when being lowest Tier is to adapt and change your playstyle. I often see lowest Tier ships sitting in the upper half of the scoreboard. They didn't seem to suffer that much.

3. Queue times are sometimes above two minutes for a +-2 match. So how long would it take for a +-0 match even with four ships less? I estimate something around six minutes

Sign in to follow this