Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

(0.6.3) Stealth-firing poll

214 members have voted

1. 1. What should stealth-firing be removed for?

• Destroyers
    • Cruisers
    • All ships
    • Stealth-firing should not be removed
  2. 2. If stealth-firing were to be removed, should it be done as a class, or on a case-by-case basis?

3. 3. (Destroyer-specific) Why do you endorse stealth-firing?

• Destroyers are supposed to be stealthy, and stealth-fire is a part of their mechanics
    • Destroyers need stealth-fire to remain competitive and use their guns effectively
    • I do not endorse stealth-firing
  4. 4. Which nation will be hit the hardest by removal of stealth-firing?

5. 5. Which 3 destroyers will be hit hardest by the removal of stealth-firing?

6. 6. Which ship class do you have the most battles in total?

7. 7. Which ship class do you "main"?

• Aircraft Carriers
    • Battleships
    • Cruisers
    • Destroyers
    • I do not "main" any one type of ship
  8. 8. How strong would you rate destroyer, as a whole, currently?

9. 9. What is the weakest nation of destroyers, in your opinion?

10. 10. What is the strongest nation of destroyers, in your opinion?

88 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

Biased pole is biased....

"Which 3 ships will be hit the hardest" But all you list is DD's :teethhappy:

• Cool 4

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
10,646 battles

Imho they should not remove it for premium/blys(cuz riots will happen) and it should be removed on all tech tree ships .

Also rember its only open water invisa fire remove island and smoke still let you 

Edited by the_fog_invader

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles

4 ships will suffer a lot , the rest are whatever

Zao , Blys. Aki, Gremy

Sims.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Zao: Barely affected. Stealth-firing in Zao is only possible late game when most enemies are already sunk.

RU destroyers don't stealth-fire. They want to be seen so they can speed/dodge tank enemy fire and take it off their allies

KM destroyers can't stealth fire. Unaffected.

USN destroyers: Moderately affected. They can still fall back on their incredible close-range knife fighting prowess and other effective duties. USN destroyers will remain the kings of cap control.

IJN destroyers: Heavily affected. Everything is stacked against them with this change. They are the weakest destroyers in a straight up fight which is all they'll be able to do without stealth firing. Crap reloads, crap traverse, mediocre damage guns. Stupid long reloads, stupid long detection range on torpedoes. Low speeds in every tier but 10. Poor agility in every tier. The only good thing they had is concealment.

How will IJN destroyers even be able to do any appreciable damage after this? Will they even be a threat at all, or just free XP?

I'm getting awful tired of WG constantly stomping on my favorite line.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 7

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

4 ships will suffer a lot , the rest are whatever

Zao , Blys. Aki, Gremy

Blys and Gremy are hard targets to hit at those tiers. Zao doesnt need SF.

Sims.

Sims is the most maneuverable ship in the game she can evade and just like blysk BBs at this tier doesnt have good dispersion or laser guns.

I would say Fletcher, Gearing and Akizuki because those without SF are easy targets at their max ranges since BBs at those tiers have god-like acuraccy and laser guns.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

For specificity I think Yuugumo, Akizuki, and Shimakaze will be the most heavily affected ships. All the others either didn't use it much or have alternate options to do reliable damage.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Blys and Gremy are hard targets to hit at those tiers. Zao doesnt need SF.

Sims is the most maneuverable ship in the game she can evade and just like blysk BBs at this tier doesnt have good dispersion or laser guns.

I would say Fletcher, Gearing and Akizuki because those without SF are easy targets at their max ranges since BBs at those tiers have god-like acuraccy and laser guns.

Bly is not that hard to hit , moderate is a better word but it will still be affected

Grem can live without for the tier but it needs a turret buff probably

I don't think any US dds are affected cause even if sims , benson , gearing , fletcher can stealthfire they have not such good arcs to do be a threat

Aki will be the most affected along side Blys

Zao will be for some , i see people using scout planes and shooting from 22km without being seen

Alpha Tester
1,478 posts
3,268 battles

When you say "Stealth fire" Do you mean in  the way only destroyers can really pull off? or are we talking about shooting from inside smoke too?

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,917 battles

well if WG is gonna give DDs compensation for the removing of SF it should go to the usn, german and the pan asian dds. The IJN dds dont need any compensations and should be nerfed further. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I just want to see what kind of "compensation" WG will give to those DDs for removing the SF.

The only destroyers that need "compensation" are the IJN, who back in November were freakin' rebalanced to be stealth gunboats and are now having this new core mechanic ripped out from under them 4 months later.

well if WG is gonna give DDs compensation for the removing of SF it should go to the usn, german and the pan asian dds. The IJN dds dont need any compensations and should be nerfed further. 

Did I insult your mother or something? What is with all the animosity. Let me guess, you got sunk by a torpedo once and are now on a blood crusade for revenge.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 1

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

When you say "Stealth fire" Do you mean in  the way only destroyers can really pull off? or are we talking about shooting from inside smoke too?

"Stealth fire" refers to firing on open water at a ship and not getting detected.

Members
6,163 posts
7,827 battles

I honestly think this 'witch hunt' mentality WG is taking on stealth-firing on open water is silly. Don't get me wrong, I don't think stealth-firing, on open water, should be a thing. However, there are only a small handful of ships that can do this often and effectively, and most of them are destroyers, of which their guns don't do much damage anyway.

WG needs to approach this on a case-by-case basis, and handle it ship by ship. Of the few ships I have/had that can/could stealth fire, their windows for doing so on open water were small. We're talking less than 2km here. That is not useful until late game when the match is already decided. All other 'stealth-firing' I've done in game is by abusing island cover and LoS mechanics, which is where the majority of 'stealth-firing' comes from.

I get the feeling that no matter what WG changes, the outcries against it won't stop, because open water stealth-firing(of which only a handful of ships are capable of and can do so effectively) isn't what players are experiencing. They're experiencing the abuse of LoS and island cover.

• Cool 10

Alpha Tester
1,478 posts
3,268 battles

I honestly think this 'witch hunt' mentality WG is taking on stealth-firing on open water is silly. Don't get me wrong, I don't think stealth-firing, on open water, should be a thing. However, there are only a small handful of ships that can do this often and effectively, and most of them are destroyers, of which their guns don't do much damage anyway.

WG needs to approach this on a case-by-case basis, and handle it ship by ship. Of the few ships I have/had that can/could stealth fire, their windows for doing so on open water were small. We're talking less than 2km here. That is not useful until late game when the match is already decided. All other 'stealth-firing' I've done in game is by abusing island cover and LoS mechanics, which is where the majority of 'stealth-firing' comes from.

I get the feeling that no matter what WG changes, the outcries against it won't stop, because open water stealth-firing(of which only a handful of ships are capable of and can do so effectively) isn't what players are experiencing. They're experiencing the abuse of LoS and island cover.

You said this in a clear way, +1

I would have butchered this exsplanation

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,260 battles

I don't know why WG bothered to make DDs. It obviously hates them passionately. Another round of nerfs for the lowest damage, least surviving ships in the game, because WG feels they slow they game too much.

Meanwhile, putting all this dev effort into removing stealth firing, the game has become disconnect- and crash-happy. Wish the dev time spent nerfing ships were put into improving the connection issues.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

If they remove stealth-firing, then they should buff IJN DD's torping ability. Their guns weren't usually competitive with those of other nations outside of using stealth-fire mechanics... So let them excellent in the torpedo role.

Or, let the IJN DDs be one of the few ships that retain a stealth-fire ability...

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,219 posts
8,335 battles

I really hope you're trolling...

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,917 battles

If they remove stealth-firing, then they should buff IJN DD's torping ability. Their guns weren't usually competitive with those of other nations outside of using stealth-fire mechanics... So let them excellent in the torpedo role.

Or, let the IJN DDs be one of the few ships that retain a stealth-fire ability...

i strongly disagree with buff IJN dds. I am fine with buffs to the other dd lines but the IJN dds do not need any buffs what so ever. They are to strong for what they were irl in this game and should not be getting more buffs 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

i strongly disagree with buff IJN dds. I am fine with buffs to the other dd lines but the IJN dds do not need any buffs what so ever. They are to strong for what they were irl in this game and should not be getting more buffs 

You don't even know what they were IRL, as I schooled you on in the last thread you started spewing this nonsense all over.

[DESS]
Beta Testers
182 posts
8,526 battles

The IJN destroyer designs were incredible, for their time. Aside from a handful of designs, most were interwar designs. The Akizuki, Yuugumo, and Shimakzae were all designed and built during the war, last I checked anyway. So were the IJN DDs powerful? In their day, very much so. By the time they went up against the "equal" tier USN DDs? Not so much.

You don't even know what they were IRL, as I schooled you on in the last thread you started spewing this nonsense all over.

In terms of game balance, they really do deserve some sort of buff. Where they are now, and where they'll be once the stealth fire nerf hits, is REALLY bad in terms of balance.

Sign in to follow this