You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YoeMe

Yoeme here, It is just a GAME !!!!!!

17 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
28 posts
13,223 battles
​62 years young and my fingers don't work as fast as yours. Remember it is just a game. My thoughts on people telling others how to play the game are this: You are dead for a reason so don't blame others for your stupidity! If you are dead, shut up and go to next battle. People that give others a hard time on their playing is just taking their concentration away from that battle. Why do DDs expect a BB to follow them into the heat of battle when a BB can hit from a ways out? I have been hammered and fired upon by team mates for this! Heads up, BBs don't turn on a dime people don't expect me to follow you to your death. To you people who think this, enlist and hopefully the NAVY can enlighten you. Now let's have FUN with each other without the name calling PLEASE.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,401 posts

​There are constant threads about this type of harassment towards players and it is generally a real issue that is just handled incorrectly by one or both involved parties. But more often than not, there is a fundamental gameplay issue going on that causes such a response from other players. They're not even remotely valid responses to what likely happened. They could have easily talked to you in a civil manner. So for the sake of context of the situation and maybe even some constructive advice: I have two questions.

​What battleships were you using and what do you believe the optimal combat ranges of said battleships to be?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Well, this should be interesting....

(P.S, there is a link in my signature. It might do you some good.) 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,102 posts

I'm in your age bracket so I feel it safe to inform you it is considered inappropriate to type everything in bold font. 

Everyone expects everyone else to play the "prescribed role" for the ship each person is driving in a match, regardless of how much sense playing that traditional role makes at that time on that map. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,263 posts
21,678 battles

So do not expect me to screen for destroyers or torpedos as you sit 12 km off cap watching them all turn red....

I'd be too busy farming  damage on enemy BB's...

You know, burning them down is my job...not scouting for a battleship player who can't push to a cap point nor tank damage for the team....

Nothing worse than a battleship saving all his hit points for the last Ditch attempt at a solo warrior.

BTW, I'm 54, and play every ship, every nation.

So I do know when I SHOULD push in a ship and when it's best to sit back for awhile.

Edited by dEsTurbed1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,081 posts
22,637 battles

I'm in your age bracket so I feel it safe to inform you it is considered inappropriate to type everything in bold font. 

Everyone expects everyone else to play the "prescribed role" for the ship each person is driving in a match, regardless of how much sense playing that traditional role makes at that time on that map. 

And that "prescribed" role is all too often based on the flamer's perception, of course. You have a playstyle, play it and have fun because it is just a game. Be aware, though, that some styles aren't acceptable to the majority of players. A DD that yolos really does the team no good. A battleship that sits at maximum range and snipes really does the team no good either. DD captains (like me) must realize that BB's can no more keep up with them in the advance than a cruiser can. BB driver's need to realize how to move up and use their "tanking" ability to take some heat off of the front line ships. It is a balance of capabilities and it is often based on your ship class and line where that balance lies.

Look at your karma rating - it does have some meaning. If it is negative it probably means that, if you aren't caustic in chat, you are probably not playing the role expected of you. If it is a high positive then you are probably playing very well as perceived by your team mates. Analyze your style and adapt your play. The community as a whole actually plays well. There are some outliers and they balance out.

IMHO

Edited by Khafni

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
28 posts
13,223 battles

So OP camps when playing BBs and wonders why others are upset with his game play...did I interpret this correctly?

No I don't think you did. OP ? Karma rating ?  Prescribed role ? Some guys throw stats at me and say I don't belong in the battle. Being told that I am going to get reported, really !!! For a game !!! Reported to whom and for what people? How do I report them for harassing me ? It is a GAME and all I want to do is have some FUN, it is a real neat game. Only ships I have are BBs and CCs, my fingers are too slow and too big to operate CVs and DDs, Sorry for me getting old, you will too some day remember that.

Edited by YoeMe

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

No I don't think you did. OP ? Karma rating ?  Prescribed role ? Some guys throw stats at me and say I don't belong in the battle. Being told that I am going to get reported, really !!! For a game !!! Reported to whom and for what people? How do I report them for harassing me ? It is a GAME and all I want to do is have some FUN, it is a real neat game.

If you're getting reported though, I'd assume something being done wrong here....

Sure, the game's fun. But just like any other game, it get's much better once you've learned the rules. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
28 posts
13,223 battles

Suggestion for the next Upgrade. Make a way to block the chat from a player. Not the entire chat box just the player that attacks others verbally. Or maybe don't allow players to chat after they are dead.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Suggestion for the next Upgrade. Make a way to block the chat from a player. Not the entire chat box just the player that attacks others verbally. Or maybe don't allow players to chat after they are dead.

There's already a way to block people in chat. Not sure how to do it though—I've never had reason to do it.

Wargaming also hands out chat-bans to those who have upset enough people, though it's temporary.  

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

No I don't think you did. OP ? Karma rating ?  Prescribed role ? Some guys throw stats at me and say I don't belong in the battle. Being told that I am going to get reported, really !!! For a game !!! Reported to whom and for what people? How do I report them for harassing me ? It is a GAME and all I want to do is have some FUN, it is a real neat game. Only ships I have are BBs and CCs, my fingers are too slow and too big to operate CVs and DDs, Sorry for me getting old, you will too some day remember that.

Some people don't care about what you think is fun. IF you have been playing in such a way that really negatively affects your team and makes the team lose, you have affected the 'fun' of potentially 11 other players. So if it's ok for you to be unhelpful and ruin the fun of others, i'd say it's fair game to tell you about it much like you are telling us about them. Nothing about your age prevents you from doing better actions and being in better positions.

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Some people don't care about what you think is fun. IF you have been playing in such a way that really negatively affects your team and makes the team lose, you have affected the 'fun' of potentially 11 other players. So if it's ok for you to be unhelpful and ruin the fun of others, i'd say it's fair game to tell you about it much like you are telling us about them. Nothing about your age prevents you from doing better actions and being in better positions.

Well said

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
28 posts
13,223 battles

By the results of some of you my guess is some of you thought when you were kids that you deserved a Participation Trophy even when you lost at a game growing up, am I right.  I am done with this Post just tell me how to Block Chat and that will solve my problem with Chat.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

By the results of some of you my guess is some of you thought when you were kids that you deserved a Participation Trophy even when you lost at a game growing up, am I right.  I am done with this Post just tell me how to Block Chat and that will solve my problem with Chat.

No, I was the type of kid who cried quite a bit after losing before determining to get better no matter what.

By the way, I think I speak for everyone here, when saying that you do not have a good attitude about all this, sir. 

Please, check yourself before assigning blame to others in the game.

I would also advise that perhaps those people in chat might, just might have good advice for you, should you deign to listen. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,102 posts

It would appear you are on a one way rail that terminates short of the next station. Clearly more than one of us placed ourselves at/near your age so you know fully well your <once again> <bold>Participation Trophy</bold> did not exist in those days. You won or lost - second place, no matter how close, was still a loss.

So no - you are not right, neither are you correct. 

Blocking chat involves using your control (CTRL) key to give you the mouse pointer. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
28 posts
13,223 battles

It would appear you are on a one way rail that terminates short of the next station. Clearly more than one of us placed ourselves at/near your age so you know fully well your <once again> <bold>Participation Trophy</bold> did not exist in those days. You won or lost - second place, no matter how close, was still a loss.

So no - you are not right, neither are you correct. 

Blocking chat involves using your control (CTRL) key to give you the mouse pointer. 

​Thanks, CTRL, right click, that will solve the problem.