MiraclesHappen

Would you like to see an Exit Zone for ships to run away when useless or beaten?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Add Exit Zone to allow useless ships to leave battle?   155 members have voted

1. 1. Should a carrier with no planes be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

• Yes
    • Yes but only through the map edge behind its spawn
    • No
  2. 2. Should any ship with very low hit points be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should the last few ships on a side in a lopsided battle (7 to 3 or worse) be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

82 posts in this topic

Lets say this was in acted the ships leaving the battle would lose all exp and damage and turn Vivid Pink (  the Ship in the Battle not the icon ) say 15 battles with ZERO exp earned in those 15 battles.... Then I say yes..... There is no room in this game for cowards. Play like your Life depended on Honor . Fight to the Death Never Give Up  Never Surrender.

Well said.  The OP seems to think cowardice is okay and denigrates everyone who sees things differently than he.  

Because driving a CV into the enemy fleet takes no time at all and is such riveting fun.

Not to mention how frustrating it is to see your CV gifting points to the enemy like that.

At least in my system, he'd gift them less.

c7f.jpg

Scared is such a ridiculous term to use in regard to game play.

Ever had a real gun pointing your way or been shot at by a real bullet? That is scary.

Nothing in game is, at all.

salt-salt-everywhere-2vcj7a.jpg

And you cost your team what? 60 points is it? Bravo.

VHaVXY3.png

It certainly does cost the other team some points. As a team they score the kill points, but the players don't - unless you give the kill to the nearest enemy.

But sealing off retreats then can become a tactic in the game, allowing more variation in play - and the same points if you spot and prevent the escape (damage cancels the flight per the OP).

But more generally, yeah maybe it costs some points. Except your game ends several moments minutes earlier with less boring game play and you get to use that time getting more points in a more entertaining game sooner.

Top+three+things+that+describe+you+in+or

See above

If you think Cowardice or Bravery exist in a game you have no concept of what cowardice or bravery are.

And you also seem shy of understanding pointless AND stupid. So maybe you should get some tutoring in English.

It has a point, as laid out.

And its not stupid, its rather well crafted,

What it IS clearly is not to your liking. And that is fine. But try to become a better human and grok that what you like or not does not make things stupid or pointless or not.

cd6.jpg

It has been my decades long experience that the masses in game forums routinely hate all change unless it was their idea. Not exactly earth shattering result.

Stalin-Says-you-go-to-salt-mine.jpg

Fighting Ignorance costs nothing.

People just don't care for it, that's fine. But piss poor logic and outright nonsense shall not go unchallenged.

4463862.jpg

Again, it saves YOUR team the deduction for the loss of your ship. So score wise it does help.

AND it saves TIME. Time has value.

Rather than waiting five minutes (or ten or three) I can start playing again in a balanced game NOW, with the same ship.

That is a benefit.

How that would prolong the game I fail to grok.

4386152.jpg

You are confusing unpopular with bad. Use a dictionary.

65393565.jpg

Notice the pattern here?

CHanKLY.png

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi

Bad idea is really, really bad.

One of the most epic finishes I have ever seen (probably) was in a T4-5 game.  It was a 3 cap domination.  We had taken all caps, then lost them as the reds began to crush our ships and pushed our remaining ships beyond the farthest cap...except for our CV.  He had used the edge of the map to flee the attack and ended up back at the first cap.  He was out of planes so started re-taking the first cap as his teammates were fighting to the end (I got sunk at some point around now).  He then went back and re-took the second cap.  By the time the clock ran out, those 2 caps he had re-taken were the difference in the game.  Out of planes, 'worthless' CV for the win.

A 'worthless' CV can be effective bait for dragging foolish players away from more strategic objectives...or can ram a ship...or draw the enemy's air power for a while.  A low-health, 'worthless' ship of any class can still deal damage and make a difference, because even a 1 hp ship retains full use of all her guns.

An option to flee may have merit in real life when ship assets take forever to replace.  In a game like this, however, fleeing would just guarantee a loss.

I find having a carrier with no planes a sitting duck and is so unfair that they get to sink the carrier.  Now if the carrier had guns that you could shoot at them then it might be fair play.

A surrender vote might be cool,to end the battle early,if enough LIVE ships vote.....................

But I've been in quite a few battles that I could swear we would lose & in the last 3 minutes pull a win,not often but it does happen :)

Edited by Unacceptable_1

Here is a thought.  If a side has two CV's and one CV is sunk the planes in the air belonging to the destraoyed CV should be allowed to land on the remaining CV be rearmed and deployed on attacks.  A CV with no planes can still cap or hold an objective.  If the CV has no planes ALL guns on the CV become secondary and AA guns equaling a DD's firepower of it's main batteries the AA capabilities would remain the same.  At least that way it has a chance against DD's and CA's attacking it.

Reward cowardice?

ROFL

Please allow me to clarify:  Stupid.

2w1sgns.gif

The few voters who are agreeing with you, OP, are either 1) stupid or 2) joking.

It is difficult to tell which, although, I'd wager it is other genuine stupids (since we all know there's so many of these in WG games).

Yeah this is a game of team effort so you gotta hang in there no matter how hopeless it is.  ...... THE WAR MUST GO ON and ON and ON!

I'd agree with this idea only on the condition that ships have their firepower and speed reduced as they take damage.  That is, a heavily damaged ship is limping along at a few knots and has maybe a gun or two left to fire.  Then allowing such a damaged ship to withdraw would be acceptable.  As it is, so long as your ship has 1 HP left it can fight and move at 100%.  Sure it's fragile and a hit will sink it, but until that happens it's in the fight at full capacity.

sorry Op I don't really like the idea, I rather have incompetent teammates than to be left with none on my team, because I wanna use them as red bait mfufufu 

I believe I have seen this idea before.  Most people, like here, were opposed to the idea.   Although many were in favor of being able to scuttle their ship for various reasons.  I can see the idea behind being able to retreat and start a new battle with the same ship.  This way you can get in more time playing a ship and build up confidence with it.  I also like the way the OP set the parameters for retreating, very well thought out.  I have been in too many battles where my ship was rendered almost useless, with my guns destroyed and hp down to a few hundred points, it was pointless to continue so I aimed my ship into the heart of the enemy and press esc.  I had to wait 5 or 10 minutes to be able to play that ship again, but I just picked another and started a new match with it.  Maybe a better (more popular) idea would be to let people esc. from the match and play the same ship right away while in the ship is left in the previous match just sailing around and takes damage and give point just as if the player was still there.

BTW I voted yes.

This would just encourage BB sitting at the edge of the exit, shooting at max range until everyone dies, then "retreating" without taking any damage.  In a word NO.  We already have enough of this kind of behavior without encouraging it.

We already have the option.  If you have 4 fires burning, have been hit by several torps, the repair indicator shows more than 30 secs for the damage control and repair party to fix something, and you have less than 1000 HP left. - Look at the battle timer then press CTRL/ESC (Abandon Ship) and go to the desktop.  It will take the mains 30 sec to reload after you fire and you will blow up if someone breathes on your ship!  So you know you are toast.

If I find myself being attacked by invisible ships that are not in a smoke screen I abandon ship. 

Or how about you finish what you started...

Reasons why that idea is less then smart:

It will cost you the same whether you live or die

the fight isn't over just cause you got hit hard.

you dont know that you cant still win.

youre part of a team..buck up and help those who are still alive.

Seriously ?

What the heck is wrong with accepting a loss and taking it like a "insert your gender here".

Exactly!

OMG...part of any competition is winning and loosing, I don't even agree with this soft "there are no losers" garbage. Really are we that soft that we are whittling down to matches where if you're to low on XP you can run out of the game and retreat? (saw it on another thread).

No matter my own personal issues I have with WG, it is competition and playing makes you better. I hate loosing! I want to  kick the cat, headbutt a toddler, shoot roman candles at my neighbour! But more importantly I want to log back in tomorrow and get better at playing! 

​There are times where I've made some really stupid mistakes, hell I accidentally torped a team mate 2 weeks ago when I derped on the distance but there were also times where I got a Kraken and carried my team for awhile until we won!

If you can't take winning or loosing this game isn't for you, so go start knitting and leave the rest of us alone to fight in our virtual reality world!!

S.S. 

Fighting Ignorance costs nothing.

People just don't care for it, that's fine. But piss poor logic and outright nonsense shall not go unchallenged.

Like your post?

One way this might actually be "fair" and work is that there's some penalty involved for withdrawing early.  You lose some portion of the experience, get only a fraction of the cash, or some other combination of things that may make it less than worthwhile in some cases to pull out, in others it might be worth it.

If you're seeing a particular match where you're not getting much out of it, retreating means you likely get nothing or even a loss of experience and cash from it.  On the other hand, having played well but now you're ship is a wreck and you are close to the "last man standing" withdrawing and ending the match might be a worthwhile choice.  Okay, you take a hit on how much experience and cash you get, but you end what's a sure loss without trying for a suicidal finish.

One way this might actually be "fair" and work is that there's some penalty involved for withdrawing early.  You lose some portion of the experience, get only a fraction of the cash, or some other combination of things that may make it less than worthwhile in some cases to pull out, in others it might be worth it.

If you're seeing a particular match where you're not getting much out of it, retreating means you likely get nothing or even a loss of experience and cash from it.  On the other hand, having played well but now you're ship is a wreck and you are close to the "last man standing" withdrawing and ending the match might be a worthwhile choice.  Okay, you take a hit on how much experience and cash you get, but you end what's a sure loss without trying for a suicidal finish.

The only reason I read this is because of your avatar.

I just had a game down four ships on two occasions. If my teammates had been given a choice to leave I don't believe I would have been able to lead the comeback we had to win. If I am not mistaken repair bills were made equal dead or alive back in the fall so there is no reason besides stat padding to run off the map. If anything border grinding should begin to do damage at an exponential pace once a player has spent 1 minute on it during battle. cant stand torping or shooting border grinders.

The only reason I read this is because of your avatar.

Well, it is a good avatar...!  Barnette Orangello is hot, and who can't like a girl that loves guns? :D