LT_1

Elite Commander

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 posts in this topic

I finally reached my 19 point commander. But I am not sure what it means or does. Can someone explain the benefits and how to use him? 

Well, first off, congrats! Secondly, your commander can now earn "Elite Commander XP" which can go towards other captains (if memory serves me right)

Any additional XP earned on that commander goes into a pool.  You can use those elite points towards accelerated training on other commanders, or retraining commanders on different ships.

There may be some other benefits I'm not fully aware of yet.  I have a plethora of 14-17pt commanders, but no elite ones yet.

Pool of commander points created by your 19 point captains is great.  Have used it to level up a captain just below, have used to move an 8 point captain to 10 for a destroyer so that I could get concealment, and instead of using doubloons to move a captain from one ship to another, used the 200k credit option and then used the elite commander points to train up to avoid the 1/2 penalty on the skills.  Love the new system 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have two elite commanders and let me tell you that ever growing pool of Elite Xp is very handy. 

Need 200xp to get that next skill point, Elite Xp that sucker. 

Need to finish retraining a commander, yep Elite Xp to the rescue. 

Need to redo your captains skill tree, might take a lot but who needs gold when you've got Elite Xp. 

I was struggling with my Anshan because I needed AFT before I could take CE but thanks to Elite commander xp I was able to get the last 30k needed for that skill. 

It is truly wonderful stuff. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

Just as a hint, any captian xp boost flags and camos should be used with your 19pt captians asap. Elite captian points can train any capt from any nation free of charge, much more versitile. My 7 or 8 19pt capt raked in 5mil for me already.

I have two elite commanders and let me tell you that ever growing pool of Elite Xp is very handy.

Need 200xp to get that next skill point, Elite Xp that sucker.

Need to finish retraining a commander, yep Elite Xp to the rescue.

Need to redo your captains skill tree, might take a lot but who needs gold when you've got Elite Xp.

I was struggling with my Anshan because I needed AFT before I could take CE but thanks to Elite commander xp I was able to get the last 30k needed for that skill.

It is truly wonderful stuff.

As I suspected, people who have multiple elite commanders will quickly build up a pool of elite commanders, to the point where they can quickly move and build new commanders to elite status on new ship lines.

I suggest only using elite XP to add skill points to other commanders as that's a return on your investment (eventually this commander will also be elite).

Ive got 4 19 point Captains so any XP earned by these ships become Elite XP, and can be used on any line to Train up that Captain

If you go to a particular ship and look at commander skills

You will notice under the Captain the cuurent XP and number of skill points click on the plus +

This takes you to accelerated trainging and will show how much Elite XP to get more skill points

Players should race towards getting a 19pt Captain as soon as possible.  I cannot stress enough how wonderful it is to have these assets.  When you're maxed out on experience, any further experience gets dumped into a communal pool which can then be divided out on a per-skill-point basis to train other Captains or you can use the points to facilitate specializing them to pilot another ship.  I currently have three 19pt Captains -- one British, one Soviet, one American.  I'm very close to having one for Japan too.  Let me explain with an example on how wonderful these 19pt Captains are.

I just unlocked the Edinburgh, the tier 8 British Cruiser.  Now I really enjoyed playing the Fiji and I didn't want to move the Captain off her in case Season Seven of Ranked Battles is also tier 7.  To this end, I had to recruit a brand new Captain. Playing the Edinburgh with a 1pt Captain was going to be hella-painful, but I have the Campbeltown, Warspite and Belfast to help train him.  I was going to start with the Campbeltown and lamented that I would be playing without Concealment Expert when I had a thought.

I stuffed the new Captain back on the Edinburgh and left him there.  I instead fetched my 19pt Captain, Admiral Archibald "Ducklips" Shaw and placed him in the Campbeltown instead.  I loaded up on the +250% Captain Training camouflage, a dragon flag, Captain XP signal, and an Equal Speed Charlie London signal.  BAM.  With my first win of the day, that was close to 17,000 Captain experience in one game.  I did the same for my Warspite and my Belfast.  That dumped 50,000 experience into the communal experience pool which I then used to accelerate my Edinburgh Captain up to 7 skill points in three games and I hadn't even taken out the ship yet.  I plan to keep doing this until I have him at a comfortable 10 skill points (a total of 183,000xp) which I should be able to manage in less than 12 to 18 games using my veteran 19pt Captain.

Where it gets even more delightful is that the experience isn't "locked" into a given nationality.  If I took my American Captain and played a few Atlanta games, the points get dumped into that communal pool.  So I can effectively train my British Captain by playing my American and Soviet ships if I so choose.  When I get my 19pt Japanese Captain, I'll pretty much be able to play the lion's share of my collection and still train the commander for whatever line I want to focus upon.

19pt Captains rule and the new Veteran Experience system is wonderful.

My Japanese DD commander just got his 19th point. I have 17 distributed and 2 undistributed skill points. I want SE, but would have to grind out another 259,000 XP. Am I better off taking other skills I don't really want?

Does the XP needed for additional skill points keep going up and up with elite commanders or does it top out at 259,000?

Edited by CapitanoKrunchisimo

Does my Elite commander only work for the same Type of ship and Nation?

Does my Elite commander only work for the same Type of ship and Nation?

Elite Commanders don't gain any special abilities other than donating any experience they gain to a communal pool.  They still have to select a single ship to captain.  And like all commanders, they may captain any premium ship of their nation without penalty, regardless of type (a Commander specialized on a Nagato-class Battleship could still captain the tier 6 premium destroyer, Shinonome, without penalty). 

I stuffed the new Captain back on the Edinburgh and left him there.  I instead fetched my 19pt Captain, Admiral Archibald "Ducklips" Shaw and placed him in the Campbeltown instead.  I loaded up on the +250% Captain Training camouflage, a dragon flag, Captain XP signal, and an Equal Speed Charlie London signal.  BAM.  With my first win of the day, that was close to 17,000 Captain experience in one game.  I did the same for my Warspite and my Belfast.  That dumped 50,000 experience into the communal experience pool which I then used to accelerate my Edinburgh Captain up to 7 skill points in three games and I hadn't even taken out the ship yet.  I plan to keep doing this until I have him at a comfortable 10 skill points (a total of 183,000xp) which I should be able to manage in less than 12 to 18 games using my veteran 19pt Captain.

17,000 experience points in a single game? Wow!

Is there a reason why you'd stop doing this once you get to a 10 point Captain? Or the rate of return is not worth it, after getting a 10 point captain?