NikoPower

Mac Wrapper 2.0 Now Available

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

131 posts in this topic

Wait there is a public test server client for Mac??????

Not officially, but if you're comfortable some some very simple code line editing, it's very easy to install a second copy of the Mac Wrapper, and modify it to work with the Test Server rather that the Public Server.  Do a search for DStud on Youtube for a video with instructions.

Strange...inventory still wont work

Not officially, but if you're comfortable some some very simple code line editing, it's very easy to install a second copy of the Mac Wrapper, and modify it to work with the Test Server rather that the Public Server.  Do a search for DStud on Youtube for a video with instructions.

thanks I'm not comfortable with it. But everything is uncomfortable the first time. (Lol) 

Thank you for the work! My new MBP might not be able to run the game very well with only Iris 540 Graphics but its nice to have the game on the go! Also Its not like I still don't have my PC! Maybe I'll buy a premium ship as thanks? xD

Strange...inventory still wont work

Yeah this has made zero difference to my client. Still no clans, no inventory, and no training room.

Will there ever be a fix for being stuck with low quality textures? This is the only 'wrapped' game I play that has an issue with graphic settings

Yeah this has made zero difference to my client. Still no clans, no inventory, and no training room.

Hm.  First thing I'd do is check to make sure the update installed correctly -- right click on the World of Warships app and select "Get Info."  It should say version 2.02.  If not, for some reason the update didn't install and you should re-try.

Beyond this, I'm not sure.  Could be a system software version and/or hardware issue.  What's version of OSX are you running and what's your hardware?

Awe man, I thought you guys had put a WoWS code on a Big Mac wrapper or something like that from McDonalds. I was hope for some WoWS doubloons or signal flags. I forgot about the Apple product side of things. :facepalm:

It worked!!! Thanks a million! My hero Niko. :medal: You deserve a medal.

Many Thanks, Sparrow

Will there ever be a fix for being stuck with low quality textures? This is the only 'wrapped' game I play that has an issue with graphic settings

Its not like any Mac can run this game at ultra settings. You need like at least an R9 380. Textures might just be stuck there out of need. 

Its not like any Mac can run this game at ultra settings. You need like at least an R9 380. Textures might just be stuck there out of need. 

Plenty of Macs have better video cards than that.  Not all of us have iMacs, you know.

Plenty of Macs have better video cards than that.  Not all of us have iMacs, you know.

Which Mac has a better GPU than an R9 380? The Mac Pro? Thats the only one I can think of. The newest MBP only has a Radeon Pro 460 which isn't even close to the 380 (I think)

Hm.  First thing I'd do is check to make sure the update installed correctly -- right click on the World of Warships app and select "Get Info."  It should say version 2.02.  If not, for some reason the update didn't install and you should re-try.

Beyond this, I'm not sure.  Could be a system software version and/or hardware issue.  What's version of OSX are you running and what's your hardware?

It does say 2.02, and I have a 2011 imac with El Capitan 10.11.1.

It always shows an error message saying a deficiency with Wine.

So here's something weird.  After installing this update, I can't seem to type the letter e in the in-game chat. I don't know if it's affecting my turning to starboard. 

I'll doublecheck to make sure it's not mapped to something else.

OK, here's an update - I cranked down the graphics level, and it seems to be OK now.

Edited by Zed3

It does say 2.02, and I have a 2011 imac with El Capitan 10.11.1.

It always shows an error message saying a deficiency with Wine.

Hm.  You should update your OS to 10.11.6 for the security fixes, but I really doubt this is what it causing your game issues.

Your system is almost identical to mine -- I  have a mid-2011 21.5" iMac with the Raedon 5770M, and I'm currently running 10.11.6.  Inventory and Clans have been working flawlessly for me thus far.  Only thing I can think of is to try a full uninstall and re-install.  I guess it's possible a file got corrupted somewhere in the update process.

Which Mac has a better GPU than an R9 380? The Mac Pro? Thats the only one I can think of. The newest MBP only has a Radeon Pro 460 which isn't even close to the 380 (I think)

I've got a GTX 970.  Older Mac Pros.  Plenty of folks with Hacks, too.

I've got a GTX 970.  Older Mac Pros.  Plenty of folks with Hacks, too.

there are no Macs with a GTX 970. Building a Hackintosh is easy, maintaining one and making the thing work are not. Older Mac Pro like the tower models can have their GPUs upgraded but their CPUs have rendered them near worthless. Not to mention those Mac Pros cannot run the latest version of MacOS. 

Gosh, how could it be that I have something that you say doesn't exist?  You don't know much about MPs.  So much factually incorrect information in your post.  I've got a 2012 MP with a GTX 970, with a handy 64GB of RAM, 12 3.06ghz cores, and it runs 10.12.

Edited by MikeLWX

Hm.  You should update your OS to 10.11.6 for the security fixes, but I really doubt this is what it causing your game issues.

Your system is almost identical to mine -- I  have a mid-2011 21.5" iMac with the Raedon 5770M, and I'm currently running 10.11.6.  Inventory and Clans have been working flawlessly for me thus far.  Only thing I can think of is to try a full uninstall and re-install.  I guess it's possible a file got corrupted somewhere in the update process.

thanks for the advice. I wonder if I could trouble you for some more - perhaps a screen shot of how you have your graphics settings? At the moment I run everything as low as possible so i can use it, but I wonder if I can optimise something a little better?

I did a re-install and it works. Now I feel like part of the team, I have applied to join a clan already. Thanks!

Gosh, how could it be that I have something that you say doesn't exist?  You don't know much about MPs.  So much factually incorrect information in your post.  I've got a 2012 MP with a GTX 970, with a handy 64GB of RAM, 12 3.06ghz cores, and it runs 10.12.

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP652?locale=en_US

If you take a look here, there are no Mac Pros with a GTX 970 in them stock. That machine has far more going wrong with it though. It still has FireWire for crying out loud! No USB 3.0 and it probably gets pretty hot. Oh and it doesn't do continuity or handoff xD

But at least it can run 10.12 

thanks for the advice. I wonder if I could trouble you for some more - perhaps a screen shot of how you have your graphics settings? At the moment I run everything as low as possible so i can use it, but I wonder if I can optimise something a little better?

I did pretty much the same thing -- started as low as possible and I've been slowly pushing graphics up one tick at a time to see where the "sweet" spot is.  Pic below shows where I am right now - mostly I've pushed the FXAA and antialiasing up a bit to improve the appearance of rigging.  I wouldn't expect amazing graphics from a 2011 iMac -- it's not a gaming PC to start with and it's 6 years old now.  But I seem to get passable performance out of it.  Then again, I'm not an eye candy [edited]-- I'm old enough that I can remember when 8-bit graphics video games were the "next big thing," so my standards are perhaps a bit lower than some.  As long as the ships look like ships and the framerate isn't so choppy as to inferfere with gameplay, I'm generally happy.

graphics settings

Glad to hear the re-install sorted your troubles.  See you on the high seas!

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP652?locale=en_US

If you take a look here, there are no Mac Pros with a GTX 970 in them stock. That machine has far more going wrong with it though. It still has FireWire for crying out loud! No USB 3.0 and it probably gets pretty hot. Oh and it doesn't do continuity or handoff xD

But at least it can run 10.12 

Of course a computer with a standard video card can take another.  And gosh, it can also be upgraded through a variety of PCIe cards.  I've replaced my 802.11n with AC, too, so yes, Handoff and Continuity--not that they're actually more than a gimmick for me.  "And it probably gets pretty hot."  Again, you don't know much about MPs.  Have you ever owned one?

What's your point?  You were wrong, and that's an ok thing to be.  It's not going to hurt you and it happens to everyone.

Edited by MikeLWX

So far wrapper 2.0 is working great for me, I'm still running 10.11.6 on a 15" 2015 MacPro. Anyone having luck running Sierra?