NikoPower

Mac Wrapper 2.0 Now Available

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

131 posts in this topic

Captains!

The new Mac Wrapper 2.0 is here for World of Warships.

This addresses a couple things:

• In-game browser and all connected functionality: Clans, Inventory, Players’ profiles
  • For macOS Sierra users: Now WoWS client installs directly into Library and do not back up into iCloud 

Below you will find instructions for both clean installs and those who have it already installed. Read the instructions carefully and you will be all set up and ready. 

Clean Install:

Installation «from scratch»

1. Download the *.dmg – file using following link: http://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/na/files/osx/worldofwarships_dmg

1. Open “Downloads” folder, find the downloaded *.dmg – file and open it with double click:

pGW4Y5e.jpg

1. Drag and drop the “World of Warships” icon to the “Applications” folder:

TTOJjNh.jpg

1. Be ready to enter the administrator’s authentication data to allow the installation:

gxxUVBk.jpg

1. Wait for the installation to be finished:

gjpSCuK.jpg

1. Open «Applications» folder with double click and find “World of Warships” app:

R7Mlkor.jpg

1. To run the application, which is provided by the unauthenticated developer, use the Control+Click combination. After that choose “Open” in the context menu appeared:

1voTmtl.jpg

1. Confirm the operation by clicking “Open”:

xidzeWO.jpg

1. Be ready to enter the administrator’s authentication data to start the game installation:

5Zu5EEO.jpg 

1. Wait for the game to be installed! Enjoy.

Replacing The Old Client:

1. Quit the “World of Warships” game client:

A1UYDqO.jpg

1. Make sure that related processed are stopped. Use “Force Quit Application” for thet purpose. Combination Option-Command-Esc will open the necessary app. If you see the “World of Warships” application still running – fore its quitting:

7Tnb5ZD.jpg

D3PnqKJ.jpg

1. Download the *.dmg – file using following link: http://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/na/files/osx/worldofwarships_dmg

1. Open “Downloads” folder, find the downloaded *.dmg – file and open it with double click:

rcM88aG.jpg

1. Drag and drop the “World of Warships” icon to the “Applications” folder:

bkSdG0M.jpg

1. Choose “Replace” option while asked about keeping the old version: 

OuvsXb3.jpg

1. Be ready to enter the administrator’s authentication data to allow the installation:

Ffsy8f7.jpg

1. Wait for the installation to be finished:

VfezzCo.jpg

1. Open «Applications» folder with double click and find “World of Warships” app:

RLJzeOG.jpg

1. To run the application, which is provided by the unauthenticated developer, use the Control+Click combination. After that choose “Open” in the context menu appeared:

vTmfvh5.jpg

1. Confirm the operation by clicking “Open”:

ntvNRox.jpg

1. Be ready to enter the administrator’s authentication data to start the game installation:

ZrmST4p.jpg

1. Wait for the game to be installed! Enjoy.

Thanks, Niko!  And thanks to WG in general for supporting us Mac gamers.  Now I can finally sell all my surplus Magazine Mod 1 upgrades.  Ended up with about 40 of them somehow...

I shall update tonight; hopefully it will go smoothly but if not I will dutifully report any issues.

Cheers!

Send my compliments to the dev team! Been waiting for this for a while and so happy it has been upgraded!

Thanks guys! At long last I can sell the two special modifications I got from two super containers... :nerv_fish:

The link for the wrapper in the "replacing old client section" appears to have a 502 bad gateway error...

Although fantastic effort nonetheless! More appraisals for WG staffs!

1g35d44.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry but I am not that savvy with the different clients but the second link doesn't lead anywhere.

Or can I just use the first link if I want to replace my client?   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by denismc66

Awesome, downloaded, let it install. Didn't require any real update time. Just ran and voila! inventory screen.

thank you

Edited by fourteenfour

Will my game progress still be saved?

All of your player info is stored on the WG NA servers, not your personal computer.  So you can uninstall then reinstall the game client, play on different machines, even change between playing on a Mac to a PC, and as long as you log in with the same WG account info, your game progress will be exactly where you left off last time you played. Edited by ForgMaxtor

All of your player info is stored on the WG NA servers, not your personal computer, so you can install/uninstall, play on different machines, even change between playing on a Mac to a PC, and as long as you log in with the same WG account info, your game progress will be exactly where you left off last time you played.

Yeah I have a Wargaming account, I am just concerned since I have to though a Wrapper to server that it might corrupt my game data stored in Wargaming server since I have had bad past history with Microsoft based software going bananas.

So if I have been playing I assume I use the replacing client or is clean start better?

Will the old 1.x wrapper update to 2.0 automatically? Or is it something we will have too do manually?

Ugh, got a "critical error" while reinstalling. "An unhandled exception is occured. The application will be restarted."

Couple of mistakes on that error message :P

Why is it launching the test client?

Great, it looks like I'll have to reinstall if I want to play.

Edited by wdarkk

Apparently if you have the test client installed, it copies over that instead of the main client?

Ugh why does it need to download things again. Am I the only one unhappy with this update?

Edited by wdarkk

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind about what would happen if somebody just got into main server and converted the game coding to more Mac friendly coding that still was PC accessible like WOT Blitz is. Not sure why Wargaming does not just program in Unix since they already have to in a Blitz. I think everyone would forgive Wargaming if it took Game down for few hours to convert the code over, and Wargaming in the end would financially benifit thanks to game shutting out the hackers you hear of from time to time.

Am I better off doing a clean install or an update of the wrapper I have?

Thank you for this update. 

Thank you for the love you're giving to the Mac community; we appreciate it :)

Is this one actually fixed or do I need to wait a little longer?

Worked fine for me.

Am I better off doing a clean install or an update of the wrapper I have?

Thank you for this update. 

Up to you.  Update is probably a little faster.  Worked fine for me; took less than ten minutes.

One general note:  If you do have a Public Test Server version of the client installed in addition to the regular NA Server client, it's a good idea to keep them in separate directories; this prevents any confusion during the install/update process.

One general note:  If you do have a Public Test Server version of the client installed in addition to the regular NA Server client, it's a good idea to keep them in separate directories; this prevents any confusion during the install/update process

Yeah this is what messed things up for me.

Finally got it installed correctly and it seems ok so far, I'll have to see if my long-standing issue was fixed or not.

It says to force quit the game? It that  necessary if I use "command Q" each time I leave game and it appears to shut down the game and after I do this there is nothing running to Force Quit?

It says to force quit the game? It that  necessary if I use "command Q" each time I leave game and it appears to shut down the game and after I do this there is nothing running to Force Quit?

It's only necessary if the game won't quit properly on its own, which thankfully doesn't happen to me.