You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

König the Killer

6 comments in this topic

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

Yes König the Killer, the very ship rendered in psychedelic hues in my tag above. I find this to be a very solid Tier V BB and this latest battle also inches me closer to an overall Mission completion. Any other thoughts on this ship welcome.

Koumlnig-Confed-Unsinkable_zpslipterh0.j

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,835 battles

I really liked the Konig; I found that she was really consistent. I had few very good games, but I also had very few bad ones.

I think the low calibur guns mean that she often can't hit as hard as the other T5 BBs, but the high rate of fire and high survivability give her more chances to catch up. 

And the large number of (accurate? I hear she has sigma 2.0, but she sure didn't feel like it to me) guns makes her better at deleting cruisers and DDs.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

"Very solid" is the understatment of the year.

Konig is more than "very solid" it is borderline OP. It is tier for tier the best tech tree BB in the game. It beats out premiums at its tier for average damage. It's win percentage is 2 points ahead of the nearest tech tree competition. It's AA is solid, it's armor excellent.

I averaged 81k damage in it. That damage is higher than I did in any tech tree ship other than German BBs up to T9 except for the Hiryu. 4k more than the Izumo, more than 10k more than any USN BB not named Montana, only 1k or so less than my beloved Scharnhorst.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

"Very solid" is the understatment of the year.

Konig is more than "very solid" it is borderline OP. It is tier for tier the best tech tree BB in the game. It beats out premiums at its tier for average damage. It's win percentage is 2 points ahead of the nearest tech tree competition. It's AA is solid, it's armor excellent.

I averaged 81k damage in it. That damage is higher than I did in any tech tree ship other than German BBs up to T9 except for the Hiryu. 4k more than the Izumo, more than 10k more than any USN BB not named Montana, only 1k or so less than my beloved Scharnhorst.

Thanks for the comments, I am persuaded to play it more.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

She's part of the reason I think people hate the Bayern. You go from a pretty fantastic ship to a very mediocre one.

I kept her for sure.

Edited by JojoTheMongol

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,277 battles

For me, through T6 of all 3 BB lines, the T5 Konig is the best of the bunch tier for tier. The 305MM's are a little light( especially when facing +2MM )but they can hurt other BB's even at higher tiers. It excels at taking out DD's and CL's even at max range because it is so accurate. Crazy stupid accurate for a BB. Fast reload and decent speed make it a very good ship. My favorite BB to this point by far.