You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

105 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
19,138 posts
17,505 battles

I can only imagine that one of the things that Okhotnik captains have to be wary of is torpedoes headed towards their smoke.

Being a longship seems to have its disadvantages, as one Okhotnik I fought quickly learned. XD

I don't smoke camp with Okhotnik, the gun range isn't good enough for that as it's pretty short ranged, and in a short ranged fight, that's inviting torpedoes..  I use my smoke to mask teammates while I take advantage of her 5.7km detection range and stay out of smoke, spotting.  It's just... Strange doing this because no other RU DD plays like that.  Unless you got Gremyaschy, the notion of "Stealthy" and "RU DD" had traditionally been like oil and water in this game.

A gallery here showing initial contact with opposing DDs (our CV prepped it all up).  She is a very dangerous DD Killer.  What makes her so is that she can put so many torpedoes out to "prep the battlefield."  While the enemy DD is freaking out and trying to maneuver to avoid torpedo hits, I can swing my SEVEN GUNS and pummel the heavily distracted enemy DD.  If any of my torps hit, GREAT!  But I don't count on it.  I count on the torps panicking the opponent so I have an easier time shooting them up.  If my drop is good, I get next to no return gunfire because of the panic caused by 12 fish in the water.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PIZZA]
Members
1 post
7,836 battles

I think the extra 1750 HP that would be added by choosing Survivability Expert far outweighs an extra 2% chance of fire for the Demolition Expert for tier 3 skill.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,138 posts
17,505 battles

I think the extra 1750 HP that would be added by choosing Survivability Expert far outweighs an extra 2% chance of fire for the Demolition Expert for tier 3 skill.

Okhotnik is the first RU DD that I specifically left off DE if at all possible.  Unlike other RU DDs not named Derzki, she is not a traditional RU DD Gunboat spamming gunfire at range.  Her stealth is way too nice for that.  I play her as a stealthy DD Killer, Cap Contester.  Ambushing BBs is secondary and I'll happily do it when there are no DD threats nearby.  Otherwise I sail for any DD threats nearest to me.  If I am ambushing BBs, it's my Torpedoes that do the killing, not the guns.

DD fights tend to be short, abrupt affairs.  DE is not as valuable to me in those short fights.  DE shines when you're constantly shooting at things like RU DDs do at a distance.  I'd rather take BFT over DE so Okhotnik shoots faster for these short duration knife fights.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles

Okhotnik is the first RU DD that I specifically left off DE if at all possible.  Unlike other RU DDs not named Derzki, she is not a traditional RU DD Gunboat spamming gunfire at range.  Her stealth is way too nice for that.  I play her as a stealthy DD Killer, Cap Contester.  Ambushing BBs is secondary and I'll happily do it when there are no DD threats nearby.  Otherwise I sail for any DD threats nearest to me.  If I am ambushing BBs, it's my Torpedoes that do the killing, not the guns.

DD fights tend to be short, abrupt affairs.  DE is not as valuable to me in those short fights.  DE shines when you're constantly shooting at things like RU DDs do at a distance.  I'd rather take BFT over DE so Okhotnik shoots faster for these short duration knife fights.

I didn't take take DE either. I run it with a 19 pt Kiev captain that has SE. I prefer the HP. Its fire chance is already good.

I do fire out of smoke at DDs and other ships with the OK. It does invite torps but I have found that OK can usually nuke a DD before it gets in its torp range, and I try not to stick around for long in my smoke. I also ripple fire rather than salvo fire the guns, placing each shell for more hits. In any case, once a DD gets in your torp range, it is going back to port. 

That ship is a ton of fun, especially in co-op where the bots charge it.

Members
110 posts
4,323 battles

This thing looks hilarious, especially in Co-op battles. I want one.

Okhotnik IS hilarious, and an absolute beast in Co-Op battles. I only got her this afternoon and have played three battles so far, two in Co-Op and one Random. In Co-Op I was top player both times, with the highest damage scores I've ever had in Co-Op. Random wasn't as impressive, but there I was bottom tier and (to be honest) I'm not a great DD player yet so that's probably on me rather than Okhotnik. The ship is a hoot to play, and well worth the price.

Love your ship reviews, Mouse.... extremely helpful and informative. Another upvote from me!:great: