You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

105 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
3,536 posts

Is this ship worth purchasing if I already own a Gremyaschy?

If you min max  Gremy is the better boat. 

If you like a challenge or fun factor Okhotnik looks to be a blast.  I  am  going for the pencil boat just for kicks and I have a Gremmy 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,799 posts
8,343 battles

Is this ship worth purchasing if I already own a Gremyaschy?

You need to ask yourself what you would be purchasing it for.

• If you're buying it to grind credits, achievements and captain experience, Gremyashchy is better.
  • If you're looking to find a competitive boat that will let you win more, Gremyashchy is better.
  • If you're looking for the prestige of owning something unique, Gremyashchy is going to always be more coveted and rare.
  • If you're looking for something fun, well, that's subjective.  But I do feel Okhotnik really shines here with her derpy qualities.

Members
1,515 posts
7,729 battles

I will be buying this one, love anything with a ridiculous amount of torps or guns or both :nerv_fish::happy_fish:

Edited by Hangoverhomey

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

This thing is more "business in the front, party in the back" than the Dunkerque.

Or a mullet, which is neither... :trollface:

[WG-CC]
9,799 posts
8,343 battles

Anyone else expecting this tonight and is disappointed? 

I'm not expecting her until Monday the 13th.  That would conform with Wargaming's normal release practices over the last year.

Members
150 posts

But we still waiting on the Alabama...

Yes, how wonderful a ship that actually existed takes a back seat to one that didn't.

I still say, "we need more Russian ships!!!"...lol

[VVV]
Members
2,480 posts

I would've been more interested in a Fidonisy class at T4 since those actually served (probably Nezamozhnik), but Okhotnik still looks fun.

It bothers me more than it should that she's an Imperial Russian design in Imperial Russian camo but flying the Soviet naval ensign, though.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,187 battles

I barely play right now and im still gonna #getboat

so far....

Gremy, stupid good.

Lenin, stupid good.

I am sure Okhotnik will be the same, some sort of Derpski superboat.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,349 posts
16,805 battles

hi

I was on the bench for a while but now I think I have to buy it.

It looks so weird that its to good not to buy, its a monstrosity also I think some other factors may come into the equation later.

First the ship may be that good that it might go on the endangered species list like other well known ships so if I don't get it now you might never get another chance.

Second the torpedo range at 4.5 is low but when the krispy kremme came out it also had 4.5 torpedo range and what happened then.

The very next patch it's range was buffed to 5Km range.

Combine those two possibilities and you might find once this sale finishes the only chance of picking up this thing might be in the up coming Xmas lucky dips if your lucky.

regards

Edited by tm63au

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,537 posts
2,613 battles

hi

I was on the bench for a while but now I think I have to buy it.

It looks so weird that its to good not to buy, its a monstrosity also I think some other factors may come into the equation later.

First the ship may be that good that it might go on the endangered species list like other well known ships so if I don't get it now you might never get another chance.

Second the torpedo range at 4.5 is low but when the krispy kremme came out it also had 4.5 torpedo range and what happened then.

The very next patch it's range was buffed to 5Km range.

Combine those two possibilities and you might find once this sale finishes the only chance of picking up this thing might be in the up coming Xmas lucky dips if your lucky.

regards

I appreciate the breath of optimism (why with the USN Aladrama and all), but this thing has lots of torps, and they reload quickly.

I'd be the first want to want better torps, but in this ship's case we have to be careful.  However I don't think 5 or even 6km torps are overkill.  More than that and it might become a balance issue.

Looking forward to try it as it is first =)

Alpha Tester
2,223 posts

I'll just continue waiting for Novik (1911), Orfey and Fidonisy. Don't know why WG never chose any of those real ships but I guess they wanted a tier 5 replacement for the OP Gremy.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,230 posts

Just got her and took her into a co-op. Yep, she's a fun li'l spammer alright.

You'll definitely want the German premium DD when it's available, right? 

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

Yup got mine, I like the Smith too so it was a easy purchase.

Just got a email "You purchased "Okhotnik Fully Loaded" bundle in the Wargaming.net Premium Shop".

Got love my wife she just got it for me.

To bad I am at work right now, I have to wait :(

[WG-CC]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
854 posts
8,019 battles

This thing is great. Literal WALL of torps if anyone is dumb enough to charge your smoke screen. Easily citadels cruisers showing their broadside, slows and speeds up quickly, has a low and hard to hit profile, and 5.7 km detection range with CE expert.

Buy her now folks, this won't last long.

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,537 posts
2,613 battles

Concealment Expert or Advanced Fire Training as the first Tier4?  It seems to me that AFT would be better but I prefer asking for opinions.

In my first match I relied mainly on guns, supporting a pretty crazy teammate and only managing to hit a BB twice with the torps.

Your opinion ?

[WOLF3]
Members
18,622 posts
17,006 battles

Concealment Expert or Advanced Fire Training as the first Tier4?  It seems to me that AFT would be better but I prefer asking for opinions.

In my first match I relied mainly on guns, supporting a pretty crazy teammate and only managing to hit a BB twice with the torps.

Your opinion ?

I only had a 10pt captain on Okhotnik and I tried it with CE.  With camo and CE her concealment range is 5.7km.  Without AFT the gun range is around 9.2km, very short for traditional RU DD Gunboat play.  But you can ravage DDs.  So when you get into that short ranged fight with another DD, it's a race.  But you got 7 guns to their 4 or so guns.  Do the math.

Now, I COULD stuff in my much higher Khab, Udaloi, Gremy captains and have AFT+CE+BFT but I want to work up another Russian captain.  I wonder how she'd behave with AFT+BFT+IFHS?  Or the traditional Pre-0.6.0 route of simple BFT+AFT+DE?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WG-CC]
9,799 posts
8,343 battles

I'd go with Concealment Expert first.  You're not going to win any DPM races if you get spotted early by enemy DDs.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,186 posts
11,727 battles

This thing has ridiculous stealth for the amount of firepower it packs.