You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

105 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

And that's why she was never built in steel.

Well, if she had been built, it wouldn't be the only time a Navy commissioned a warship incapable of actually staying afloat in the conditions under which it was intended to operate (e.g., Mary Rose, Tomozuru). 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,336 posts
13,797 battles

it wouldn't be the only time a Navy commissioned a warship incapable of actually staying afloat in the conditions under which it was intended to operate

Vasa would be the ur example: sunk after a historical 1300 meters into her maiden voyage.
  • Cool 1

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

This thing looks hilarious, especially in Co-op battles. I want one.

And yes, the meme warfare is real; if Photoshop was working for me, I'd be making joke ship profiles up the wazoo.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,131 posts
5,403 battles

Wow, an open gun emplacements, obvious WWI-era destroyer is tier 5? 

JXOHpNe.png

Oh, wait, nevermind.

Edited by IJN_Hyuga

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
972 posts
5,062 battles

Vasa would be the ur example: sunk after a historical 1300 meters into her maiden voyage.

Shhh... we don't want to give WG any ideas for additional "Fun and Engaging" game mechanics!!!

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,846 posts
6,517 battles

100% agree with this review.  Good work as always :great:

[NG-NL]
Members
5,636 posts
9,421 battles

PT's useless unless overly worried about stealth-build CA/DD seeing you when you fire. I've been able to ignore it in all my DDs simply by watching first and see what the reds are up to before opening fire, and it's ridiculously easy surviving simply by turning 180 and popping engine boost.

PM's kinda preferred for lower chance to lose steering/engine during DD duels, but outside that, I've had little use for it in Clemson/Minsk/Oggy/Kiev/Hatsu.

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,539 posts
2,613 battles

I really can't wait for this one.  It's going to be so much fun. ( Kinda like a T5 Atlanta w/less guns and more torps... and smoke ).

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,636 battles

So if we can get this monstrocity (that will deff be in my port)... kitakami when? XD

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,445 posts
11,433 battles

Good review.

Interesting choice of KM DD trainer though, I can see problems with it in that role.

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,539 posts
2,613 battles

So if we can get this monstrocity (that will deff be in my port)... kitakami when? XD

I am hoping for soon... I just hope it's not going to be a contest or grind, but rather a free XP premium like the USN -- That way you grind at your own pace and it's PERFECT for someone like me.

[HINON]
7,521 posts
2,090 battles

What.

What.

Wat.

This thing... It'll be the death of me. Every time I see it in combat I'll be laughing too hard to react!

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,277 posts
12,619 battles

Think I will pass on this one.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,650 posts
8,314 battles

z4FHI0i.png

(Excellent review as always, can't wait to add this glorious monstrosity to my port!)

Image result for mother of god meme  id captain that 10/10
Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
854 posts
8,026 battles

When will this ship go on sale?

339 posts
4,345 battles

16apl6e.jpg

on a serious note however, im not too sure on this one. if i didnt have a gremy then it would be a sure thing. but against a gremy.... hmmmmm....

[-GPS-]
Members
2,697 posts
27,730 battles

Thanks to both of you for yet another wonderful ship review. 

I've been enjoying the hilarity of the Pod with only 5 rifles and fewer torp tubes. My 19-point Gnevny/Leningrad/Gremy captain will work just fine. 

I want one NOW!

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles

This ship looks like it was built with some kind of Warship mod of Kerbal Space Program.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
1,766 battles

Comrade - could put 2 gun barrels on same turn-thing for gun pointing, make ship less long?

Niet.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,539 posts

Ok-HOTNIK!

"A Viking long-ship.  A TOG II* in World of Warships form.  A fish story.  A destroyer that's happy to see you.  A meme waiting to happen."

A real TOG II equivalent would have to generate a plethora of Hotnik jokes. In any case I'm on board for any odd duck that comes along, and this looks much like a Volga or Don riverine gunboat. Pity the poor wretches manning those guns on the rear deck, soaked in spray, seasick, peppered with shrapnel and gunfire--there's just nowhere to hide and they would likely have to be tied to their guns to keep from being swept overboard in heavy seas, or fleeing forward in a panic. What a dreadfully unique design...

[and I want one]

I think you sell short the bravery of sailors around the world.  Naval warfare has always been pretty gruesome,  even on "better " protected ships. 

Their courage is amazing 

• Cool 1