Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Irredeemable

Right of Way!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

11 posts in this topic

Penalties for collisions between ships needs to be rationalized:

DDs being more maneuverable should yield to CA which in turn should yield to BB!  This makes more sense than who hits who first.  So if a DD and BB collide, penalty go to DD!

Just play the game and stop whining about the tiniest, insignificant things imaginable.

There is no simple rule. I can recall numerous times where a Battleship turned into my Cruiser for no reason. 

It's not as simple as DD<CA<BB. There are plenty of times when there's been an exception to said "rule," and I'd rather have an equal penalty be applied to both than one person being penalized when he might not be at fault.

So parked up in my DD firing from smoke......A BB T's my boat and I'm ramed out of MY smoke cloud.... and by your argument, it is all my fault?!?!!??

The torps that sprouted from my DD soon after were 100% my fault.

:playing:

Just play the game and stop whining about the tiniest, insignificant things imaginable.

:honoring:

As I saw someone say, "the bigger ship has the right of way" but I don't think that "right of way" is a thing in the ocean

There are international nautical 'Rules of the Road' which determines 'Right of Way'.

Everyone should follow them.

End of discussion.

There are international nautical 'Rules of the Road' which determines 'Right of Way'.

End of discussion.

​True, but that is a significant training hoop and should not be a game focus anymore than "running over the buoys should be a penalty".  Perhaps simple rules should be developed like "don't use auto pilot when everyone is starting out" and "don't cut across my bow when starting out at a quarter km".  While getting rammed drives me nuts, the fines are generally fairly minor and serve as a warning to "watch the hell where you're going".  Vulnerable DDs can, and therefore must, move frantically.  It follows that they'll routinely hit stuff .. but at the same time stopping a BB or Cruiser ... or especially a DD ... usually means the end of the game for them.

It's not as simple as DD<CA<BB. There are plenty of times when there's been an exception to said "rule," and I'd rather have an equal penalty be applied to both than one person being penalized when he might not be at fault.

Seems like I read where the penalty was equal. My chat always warns someone else for damaging me even though I am still penalized for being in the collision whether I caused it or not.

Is it possible the other ship sees a different chat message? I've often wondered....

End of discussion.

Well there are but gonna take an unGoogled guess and say that the rules are not applicable during combat on the high seas.....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0