You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

Don't you just love big....guns?

27 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

I must say, those who were nay-saying the Mutsu were pleasantly very, very wrong. Having 410 mm guns at T6 is one of the most disgustingly delightful things I've ever experienced. I pulled this game earlier, while working towards the Katori:

ePY1NaE.png?1NJtBHJs.png?2

However, the fact that the Katori can be a monster wasn't the biggest revelation I had with her. No, the fact that her HE can do literally everything was the most amusing bit.
1bj1ck2.png?1
I think this is a study on when a shell does everything it can, all at once. Yes, that is an HE shell breaking the engine of a Caledon, setting him on fire, citadeling him, and killing him, all in one fell swoop. RN cruisers have no armor confirmed. 

Well, I'm happy to have this entertaining little boat in my port. Now, I just have to find someone willing to square off against me in a training battle....with an Iowa. :D

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
9,709 posts
7,317 battles

IFHE just lets you do horrible horrible things.

Ye6ekxV.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,921 posts
18,423 battles

I like big guns and I cannot lie, nor will my bb brothers deny

• Cool 2

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I think this is a study on when a shell does everything it can, all at once. Yes, that is an HE shell breaking the engine of a Caledon, setting him on fire, citadeling him, and killing him, all in one fell swoop. RN cruisers have no armor confirmed. 

Phoenix does this, I found it as funny as you did.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Ye6ekxV.jpg

The funny thing is, I don't use IFHE on my Zao, so naturally the Katori doesn't have it either. That's all natural pen, which is what I found so hilarious. Adding IFHE? O god, the poor seals. Though, between you and me, I wouldn't do that anyway. It would mess with the wonderful fire chance she has. And with the pin-point accurate guns? I was able to set individual fires on battleships, 12 km away, aiming right for the spots that aren't already ablaze.

Man, I can see myself having lots of fun with this particular ship.    

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Oh, also, just because I like watching the world burn—All the pictures in my OP are just slightly off from each other. Like, just a little. 

Have fun~

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[PTRGT]
[PTRGT]
Members
4,535 posts
16,961 battles

I must say, those who were nay-saying the Mutsu were pleasantly very, very wrong. Having 410 mm guns at T6 is one of the most disgustingly delightful things I've ever experienced. I pulled this game earlier, while working towards the Katori:

ePY1NaE.png?1NJtBHJs.png?2

However, the fact that the Katori can be a monster wasn't the biggest revelation I had with her. No, the fact that her HE can do literally everything was the most amusing bit.
1bj1ck2.png?1

Well, I'm happy to have this entertaining little boat in my port. Now, I just have to find someone willing to square off against me in a training battle....with an Iowa. :D

To answer your question in the Topic title:  Yes, I do; big, firm, voluptuous ones.  They fascinate and comfort me, placing me in my content and happy place.

[MAUS]
Members
13,705 posts

Eventually, I got myself a shiny new Katori. And I must say, LittleWhiteMouse, you lied!

I took on two Iowa-class, the New Orleans and a pair of Fletchers in mine.  It's all well documented with photographic proof in my review.  :P

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Members
5,245 posts
16,581 battles

Ye6ekxV.jpg

I think even without IFHE you can citadel Tier III-V British cruisers with pretty much all HE.

oQ70Suf.jpg

Members
2,136 posts
5,764 battles

I think even without IFHE you can citadel Tier III-V British cruisers with pretty much all HE.

oQ70Suf.jpg

Yeah, I was farming citadels off a Danae yesterday with my Nicholas. It might be because of the really low citadel deck armour of the RN cruisers.

[MAUS]
Members
13,705 posts

Low tier, no thanks.

Alright, I'll bite.  What don't you like about low tier?
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

[BONKS]
[BONKS]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
15,270 battles

I won't speak for aAkula, but I would hazard to guess he feels similarly. 

The actual problem does not lie with the ships themselves, it lies with the players that populate those tiers.

It's not that I'm worried about their skill level. It's that I don't feel right playing with what I assume are fairly new players. I'd most likely have a 19 point captain at the helm, premium consumables, max upgrades, etc. Some of these guys/gals don't even have camo, signal flags, or captains unlocked yet. Some of these guys/gals don't even know what a citadel is yet and here I am in a Nikolai... ya'know? I won't deny I occasionally play low tiers, albeit rarely, but I always have to go take a shower afterwards and pray to RNGesus for forgiveness.

It just doesn't feel right. 

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

The low tier ships just don't appeal to me, nearly all my games played are T8-10. 

I find the low tier T3-7 is full of players that are still learning the basics, which is fine, although makes the battles very inconsistent. 

Prefer that high tier meta. 

And I won't lie, I feel like I'm clubbing... 

Edited by aAkula
  • Cool 2

[MAUS]
Members
13,705 posts

I used to feel bad about playing low tiers for similar reasons -- that I might stove-in the heads of some poor baby seal that doesn't know any better.  But I've played enough high tier games to realize that many players just don't get any better than they already are at tier 3...  Plus, it was kinda fun to hunt the seal clubbing divisions that lurked down there.  It was more fun when I wasn't quite as recognizable as I am. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

The actual problem does not lie with the ships themselves, it lies with the players that populate those tiers.

It's not that I'm worried about their skill level. It's that I don't feel right playing with what I assume are fairly new players. I'd most likely have a 19 point captain at the helm, premium consumables, max upgrades, etc. Some of these guys/gals don't even have camo, signal flags, or captains unlocked yet. Some of these guys/gals don't even know what a citadel is yet and here I am in a Nikolai... ya'know? I won't deny I occasionally play low tiers, albeit rarely, but I always have to go take a shower afterwards and pray to RNGesus for forgiveness.

Granted, it is a Katori. All they have to do is shoot at me, and I'll not be having a good time. Nikolai? Sure, I feel a little guilty about that one every now and then—I tell myself I'm helping them learn about armor angling. For the Katori, my excuse is that it'll help people realize that repairing after the first fire is perhaps not the best idea. And that it's got budget price wet-tissue paper for armor.  

[-KIA-]
Members
5,245 posts
16,581 battles

HE spamming battleships, oh wait that's at all tiers.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

HE spamming battleships, oh wait that's at all tiers.

h7JIZ95.jpg?1

• Cool 2

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,542 battles

​I know the feeling, my 1st game of the day is my Arkansas and my 2nd is the nikolai but that's all I play 1 of each, love the ships but feel guilty afterwards lol

[REVY]
Members
9,709 posts
7,317 battles

I used to feel bad about playing low tiers for similar reasons -- that I might stove-in the heads of some poor baby seal that doesn't know any better.  But I've played enough high tier games to realize that many players just don't get any better than they already are at tier 3...  Plus, it was kinda fun to hunt the seal clubbing divisions that lurked down there.  It was more fun when I wasn't quite as recognizable as I am. 

I don't know, I've been friendly torpedoed in my Kamikaze R so many times, I no longer think of ending up in a tier 4 match as seal clubbing.  Everytime I'm having a good run, about to have a fantastic game, a friendly torpedo cuts me down before I can get the kraken unleashed, then I proceed to bang my head when my team loses.  I don't normally care how low tier matches go, until I've been team-killed, then it becomes personal and I start debating whether or not I should go out and buy a stress ball.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

I don't know, I've been friendly torpedoed in my Kamikaze R so many times, I no longer think of ending up in a tier 4 match as seal clubbing.  Everytime I'm having a good run, about to have a fantastic game, a friendly torpedo cuts me down before I can get the kraken unleashed, then I proceed to bang my head when my team loses.  I don't normally care how low tier matches go, until I've been team-killed, then it becomes personal and I start debating whether or not I should go out and buy a stress ball.

Ah, you see, most people don't realize it's not the red ships they should be worried about at low tiers. It's the green ones behind them. Or, in front of them, if they're the one's doing to torping. 

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Ye6ekxV.jpg

In all fairness AP could have 1 shot him right there if you cit, IFHE is nasty against DD though at high tiers on 10km secondaries - all those 600 damage shots vs 300ish.

---

@OP

"You have big guns, bigger than any battleships of the same tier, so you show them how big your guns are" - atsf

:trollface:
Edited by reaper_swpz

[REVY]
Members
9,709 posts
7,317 battles

In all fairness AP could have 1 shot him right there if you cit, IFHE is nasty against DD though at high tiers on 10km secondaries - all those 600 damage shots vs 300ish.

---

@OP

"You have big guns, bigger than any battleships of the same tier, so you show them how big your guns are" - atsf

:trollface:

Even the wiki states that the Ishizuchi has defective AP shells that shatter on everything.

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Even the wiki states that the Ishizuchi has defective AP shells that shatter on everything.

I found AP to be quite effective in mine, before I sold it that is because playing tier 4 is boring.

[REVY]
Members
9,709 posts
7,317 battles

I found AP to be quite effective in mine, before I sold it that is because playing tier 4 is boring.

It's fun getting revenge on the St. Louis, the Ishizuchi is the only BB I've gotten witherer on.  That said, her complete helplessness against aircraft is madding, it's one of the things that drives me crazy about WOT, when one player has no tools to combat another player.