Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SardonicSmile

What is the meta for ranked/team battles?

5 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
296 battles

I am a very new player, with only 200 games played, but I'm very competitive and I learn quickly. So, I have a few questions:

- What tiers are usually played in ranked/team battles?

- What is the general meta of ranked/team battles, and how does it differ from solo?

- What ships are preferred for ranked/team battles in each tier?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to get a general picture of what lines I should go down.

Edited by SardonicSmile

[13TH]
Members
4,901 posts
9,124 battles

Its changed since I started because I played a V and at that time they were mixed in with Vl then last was Vlll this year Vll with not a lot of timeto get a ship 6 is my bet for next season

[13TH]
Members
4,901 posts
9,124 battles

Meta is 6 ships each I believe, heavy !!!! On team play ... solo your dead and will most likely result in a loss , as far as ships to play its hard to play DDs Cruisers, BBs CVs all at once and get good enough in ranked ,play all in Co-op and Random till you figuer which one you like best.. Cruisers are probably the more diffecult to take to Rank 1

Good luck have fun

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

Members
1,348 posts
14,057 battles

Current ranked is tier VII ships ONLY. But premium ships are allowed. 

There's a couple of good guides. Basically, if you're a BB you want either a Gneis, Scharn or Nagato. If you're CA you want a Belfast, or Fiji (maybe Atlanta, but they are paper ships), and if you like DDs then you want Sims or Bly something like that. I will say I see a lot of IJN torp DDs and they seem to do pretty well, if they survive. The American DD smoke lasts a long time and smoke is big in the meta. You will fight from smoke and shoot into smoke. Radar is a big deal too. 

I've seen almost all the tier 7 ships in ranked though and skill makes up for a lower quality ship. But if you play a Colorado, for Cthuluh's sake don't stay in back the entire game. 

Personally, I've played the Gneis almost exclusively and am enjoying ranked. I've been playing less well recently, but I haven't been feeling great. Still, made it rank 8 in 94 battles with a 60% win rate. I'm pretty pleased with that. 

eta: Secondaries are a big deal too. Almost 1/3 of my kills in ranked are from secondary batteries. 

Edited by OgreMkV

Sign in to follow this