You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merc85

Update 0.6.2

26 comments in this topic

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

Still a little surprised at how generous they are being with that RU DD compensation plan tbh

• Cool 2

[NO]
Members
865 posts
10,232 battles

What about if I own the permanent camo on Udaloi?   Would I get it on both Udaloi and Tashkent?   Or simply just swap branches?

Beta Testers
420 posts
4,176 battles

Still a little surprised at how generous they are being with that RU DD compensation plan tbh

this, should i free xp one of the DDs and get its premium camo so i then get 2 camos up tiered for free? If so what is the best one to get, I haven't touched that tree...

[NEIN]
Members
88 posts
15,386 battles

This is 1st time I've been involved in a split ( don't/still don't have any Japanese ships).   for 0.6.2 I plan to have all T5 RU DDs,.. will have commanders in all.  This could be a great win fall!  Need to look into prem camo on T5 and 6 ships.

[BONKY]
Beta Testers
2,457 posts
39,438 battles

For sure.

I have in port both the Kiev and Khab....and therefore have the whole line researched.  It seems to me that I should just buy back both the Tashkent and Udaloi since the patch will give me back the 8.8 and 13.2 million credits that I would have to spend for these two.  And I'd end up with a Minsk, and Tashkent, and an Udaloi after the patch without speding any credits!!!!  What am I missing??

Edited by Merc85

[NEIN]
Members
88 posts
15,386 battles

For sure.

I have in port both the Kiev and Khab....and therefore have the whole line researched.  It seems to me that I should just buy back both the Tashkent and Udaloi since the patch will give me back the 8.8 and 13.2 million credits that I would have to spend for these two PLUS I get two new ships in my port for free.   Or am I missing something??

That is how I'm reading it.  Make sure to put commanders in all of them,.. you get news ones with some pts.  I plan to by back t5 to T8 ships,.. 25million credits back.

Members
169 posts
9,481 battles

All i know is after reading the notes i'll be getting almost 26 million credits!! Yippee:rolleyes:

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

That is how I'm reading it.  Make sure to put commanders in all of them,.. you get news ones with some pts.  I plan to by back t5 to T8 ships,.. 25million credits back.

Plus you can sell them again and make even more credits.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Hmm, I wonder if it's worth it to buy the permanent camo for Ognevoi...it's only 1000 doubloons, much cheaper than the 3000 it'll be when it's moved to Tier 8, and it also gives me the permanent camo for new Gnevny. Combined with Kiev's permanent camo I already have, I'd have all 4 Tier VI-VIII ships permaflage'd

EDIT: Ew, nevermind, the Gnevny's premium camouflage is Type 12.

Edited by PelicanHazard

[F7_]
Members
840 posts
10,865 battles

This has been very generous.  Almost as much as when they modified the British Medium Tank line when they replaced the Tier X FV4202 with the Tier X Centurion Action X....they gave everyone who had the FV4202 the newly released Tier VIII premium FV4202 with no strings attached.

• Cool 1

[NO]
Members
865 posts
10,232 battles

It's generous in a way but also people will buy camo that wouldn't have... so they get quite a bit out of it too.  Discounts on things like this are Win/Win.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Also worthy of note: the statement is that HE damage on the HE-46 is being increased, without that increase being tied to a specific set of ships.  Which, as I read it, implies that the Leningrad's guns will be buffed as well.  So Rounne, if you're there, it (might be) all good.

Members
2,136 posts
5,764 battles

I think it is more from expectations from the playerbase from what happened with the IJN DD split.

Now my EU account will have a strange low battle count in T7 as well as about 300k exp that I don't need to grind anymore.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Am I looking forward to getting my first tier 9 out of this split, basically for free?  Why yes, yes I am.  Am I equally thrilled that it is an uptiered Tashkent, which I had barely played at all at tier 8 before the changes were announced?  Well, let me just apologize in advance to anyone I see out there in the near future.

[BONKY]
Beta Testers
2,457 posts
39,438 battles

This for sure is incredibly generous of WG. 

- Currently I have the tier VII Kiev and the tier X Khab RU DDs in port. 

- After the patch I will have a tier VII Minsk, a tier VIII Kiev, a tier IX Tashkent, a tier IX Udaloi, and my tier X Khab and would not have spent any credits whatsoever since WG is returning the 22 million credits I am just spending today to rebuy the Tashkent and Udaloi (both of which I had sold when I ground up to the Khab). 

- so unless I am missing something I am going to end up with a new tier VIII and two new tier IX RU DDs (in addition to keeping a tier VII and tier X DD like I have today) without spending any credits.....all I can say is a big "thank you"!!!

:great:

[NUWES]
Members
3,849 posts
16,416 battles

Indianapolis is also getting an armor buff along with her RoF buff :)

​I noticed that too. Outstanding!:great:

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Why?  Its for an RU ship. 

On the actual patch notes, nice to see they are making DCP ACTUALLY work.  It was alot of fun the other day, got hit, got flooded, hit my DCP and a few seconds later, I notice....what the actual mother of all flooding, water in my boots bunch of [edited]defunct DCP [edited], im still flooding!?  REALLY!?  Nice to see that it wasnt working.....

[KIA-T]
Members
198 posts
7,575 battles

Re-training my Kiev at T8 sure will be fun without last stand, thanks WG, i really needed that Minsk with a 19 point captain.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Indianapolis is also getting an armor buff along with her RoF buff :)

Nice! While I like it, ships that also need a armor buff, Atlanta and Pensacola, didn't get one.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,156 battles

Nice! While I like it, ships that also need a armor buff, Atlanta and Pensacola, didn't get one.

Atlanta need some armor in the first place. 

They did the same when they split the IJN DD. Happy to get 3 new free ships. Unhappy about the captains.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Atlanta actual needs armor first before they can give her an armor buff :D