You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warp103

Top 5 OP Ships in the game

48 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

This is my list for the most OP ships in the game. OP do not always mean most Powerful.

Do you Agree with my list. What do you think are the top 5.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

Oh great, a youtube shill.

Worse, a youtube shill with a clickbait thumbnail.

All I can do is laugh at that comment. GJ

• Cool 1

[SAVG]
Alpha Tester
1,485 posts
3,935 battles

All I can do is laugh at that comment. GJ

they aint really wrong.

but its also Generally Accepted you can post video on the forums.

So deal with the criticism,  or dont post.

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

they aint really wrong.

but its also Generally Accepted you can post video on the forums.

So deal with the criticism,  or dont post.

There was nothing to deal with.   If I find something funny I laugh about it.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Top 5 OP Premiums

1. Imperator Nikolai

2. Gremyaschy

3. Belfast

4. Kamikaze/Fujin

5. Blyskawica

Honorable Mentions: Saipan, Arizona

Top 5 OP Tech Tree

1. Taiho

2. Konig

3. Akizuki

4. Fiji

5. Shiratsuyu

Honorable Mention: Every other IJN CV, Shchors, Bogatyr

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
742 posts
7,187 battles

Currently OP - Any DD that can fire cloaked, HE spamming cruisers, and Carriers.

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

Top 5 OP Premiums

1. Imperator Nikolai

2. Gremyaschy

3. Belfast

4. Kamikaze/Fujin

5. Blyskawica

Honorable Mentions: Saipan, Arizona

Top 5 OP Tech Tree

1. Taiho

2. Konig

3. Akizuki

4. Fiji

5. Shiratsuyu

Honorable Mention: Every other IJN CV, Shchors, Bogatyr

I like  your list. I have some of these ships. I did reviews of the Fiji and Shiratsuyu. I did find that they are goo but just not OP. They are in my top 20 ships I like though.

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

Currently OP - Any DD that can fire cloaked, HE spamming cruisers, and Carriers.

the Yugumo  can fire Cloaked but not even in the top 20.  lol

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
29,000 battles

the Yugumo  can fire Cloaked but not even in the top 20.  lol

He's one of those people that won't be happy until DDs can't scratch his battleship, period.  Anything that can't be erased immediately for shooting at him is OP, especially if it actually does damage to boot.

• Cool 3

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

- Gremy

- Imp. Nik.

- Belfast

- Kamikaze

- Flint

- Black

- Arizona

- Fiji

- Clemson

- Zao

- Langley

- Taihou

- Atago

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

Ah yes, another BB driver. Probably one that hasn't figured out what WASD is, and hits his repair at the first sign of a fire.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,665 posts

Any ship that can one shot another. :P

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

My list (in no particular order):

1. Belfast: both smoke and radar? They call it the PayFast for a reason.

2. Nikolai: Great armour, great guns - its only weakness is the AA, and that isn't enough to slow it down.

3. Gremyaschy: It has a great balance of both guns and torps.

4. Bogue: Now this may seem like a weird choice to a lot of people, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but IMO the Bogue is a very powerful ship. The AS loadout is probably one of the best in the game, tier for tier, in terms of shutting down enemy carriers, and the strike loadout also packs a very heavy punch. 

5. Clemson: This ship is excellent for hunting BBs and other DDs, and it also is great for the harassing role. 

6. Kamikaze/ Fujin: They send out a huge alpha strike every 40 seconds or so. They are a bit less effective against enemies who actually know how to WASD, but even they cannot avoid every single torpedo, and even one of them will deal a very large blow to equal tier ships. 

Once the USS Black is in the game, I'm pretty sure it will be going on everybody's lists of most OP ships in the game. I didn't include it though, because it technically hasn't been released yet. 

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
5,256 battles

Missouri is not OP... It just shows that the free xp purchase worked, for the most part. You still see idiots driving it from time to time. But most of the players that have it are either very fond of, or very capable with Iowa. Maybe both...

The bow armor buff is useless. The only ship with guns that can reach it will still lolpen it even with the buff. The buff to the thickness of the torpedo bulges from 25 to 38mm really does not do much. If you are in autobounce on the bulge, you are in autobounce on the belt.  Radar is incidental. You have only enough time to get two volleys off if you time it perfectly. So to wipe a DD out is going to take concerted effort from several players. (This song remains the same amongst most radars.

Long story short? Its not the ship that is OP, its the driver.

Look at your example of Flint. Smoke and better torpedoes does not an OP Atlanta make. It is the fact that 90%+ of the players driving it are going to have a 60%+ win ratio.

Members
186 posts
2,090 battles

What does that chick and her boobs have to do with WoWs? It's a shameful attempt to get people to watch the video. If you have to stoop to this level, then your video must not be that good, anyway.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,618 battles

I think the Albert is very OP if the enemy comes to you. That's why I really don't play it much. You literally can go get something to eat while you wait for the enemy to kill off your friendlies so you can then fight and kill them.

Had a game with a div-mate where all our friendlies died and we picked the enemy off one by one. I think between us we had 8 kills. Only way we could win was a standard map and defending the base. No way an Albert could defeat a lone DD in domination. The DD could literally just cap to win.

[-TXT-]
Members
581 posts
15,363 battles

Missouri is not OP... It just shows that the free xp purchase worked, for the most part. You still see idiots driving it from time to time. But most of the players that have it are either very fond of, or very capable with Iowa. Maybe both...

The bow armor buff is useless. The only ship with guns that can reach it will still lolpen it even with the buff. The buff to the thickness of the torpedo bulges from 25 to 38mm really does not do much. If you are in autobounce on the bulge, you are in autobounce on the belt.  Radar is incidental. You have only enough time to get two volleys off if you time it perfectly. So to wipe a DD out is going to take concerted effort from several players. (This song remains the same amongst most radars.

Long story short? Its not the ship that is OP, its the driver.

Look at your example of Flint. Smoke and better torpedoes does not an OP Atlanta make. It is the fact that 90%+ of the players driving it are going to have a 60%+ win ratio.

Ah but I did not chose the Missouri because it OP in Power or tankyness. I chose it because it's MR Money bags.  Stat show it Prints Money. lol

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
5,256 battles

Ah but I did not chose the Missouri because it OP in Power or tankyness. I chose it because it's MR Money bags.  Stat show it Prints Money. lol

Monetary gains do not make a ship OP. Only combat characteristics do.

OP...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

[SYN]
Members
6,177 posts
14,455 battles

Lemme guess:

The busty, man-looking broad in the thumbnail is supposed to make me want to watch the video, right?

[KSC]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,955 battles

I'd say that the single best ship in the game is the Zao.  High damage rail guns and great stealth make it a fantastic DD killer.  High damage AP and great stealth make it great at ambushing and then deleting broadside cruisers.  High fire chance, great tankyness and stealth makes it great at killing BBs.  It's AAA is not great, but DF still gives it a fighting chance against CVs.

As to what the best non premium ship in the game is tier for tier, that's a trickier question.    

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

I'd say that the single best ship in the game is the Zao.  High damage rail guns and great stealth make it a fantastic DD killer.  High damage AP and great stealth make it great at ambushing and then deleting broadside cruisers.  High fire chance, great tankyness and stealth makes it great at killing BBs.  It's AAA is not great, but DF still gives it a fighting chance against CVs.

As to what the best non premium ship in the game is tier for tier, that's a trickier question.  

You forgot Zao's major weakness.  She's tier 10.  That means she's confined to playing in high tier games where gameplay generally sucks.  There are no good ships over Tier 8, because they all have this weakness.

[KSC]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,955 battles

You forgot Zao's major weakness.  She's tier 10.  That means she's confined to playing in high tier games where gameplay generally sucks.  There are no good ships over Tier 8, because they all have this weakness.

The Zao is the ship best suited to thriving in the Tier 10 meta.  Enemy BB bow on sniping at 18km?  Well, just take advantage of him being a sitting duck outside his effective range, and then set him on fire....and then do it again....and again...and again.....and again until he's dead. 

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Blyskawica is OPd? That might explain why I actually do good to fairly well when I'm driving her. I generally sucketh most heinously with DDs.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
29,000 battles

Except Zao is perfect for the T10 meta.  A bunch of stupid BB drivers putting out the first fire (or having no situational awareness so you can bum-rush and torpedo them), large invisi-fire window, high muzzle velocity with a heavy shell that results in good arcs even at long range, and 30mm of upper belt and deck armor to bounce virtually any lucky hit a BB will score on you from range.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1