You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

385 comments in this topic

LittleWhiteMouse    17,286

LWM,  I know you're quite busy and time would be required to do so, but have you considered going back to your older Premium Ship reviews and re-analyzing the Captain Skills on what would be optimal for some of the older Premiums?  I think the reviews were written before the Captain Skill tree was completely revamped and I'm curious to know if some of those newer captain skills would be beneficial to the older Premium Ships.

Anyways, thanks for the amazingly awesome Premium Ship guides!

I have considered.  I even got an article half started.  It had ballooned out of control to a 4,000 word document before I scrapped it.  There's a lot of ships to cover.  In addition, some of the reviews are just so darned old that there's several amendments that would need to be added to put some of the decisions into context.  I resolved instead to just redo reviews as they become relevant to do so.
  • Cool 3

Bill_Halsey    96

I picked up my Perth, she's gonna be fun!

She is but w/o at least a 10 point CO, it's not gonna be easy. Have fun grinding her up!

Small update today.  Perth and Murmansk are gone from the store.  Good luck to those hoovering up the last few coins they need for their Kamikaze Rs!

• Cool 1

SgtSullyC3    227

Nowhere near, I had no hope of getting the CoE Kami :(

Oh well. Kaga and Hood soon and De Grasse and Kidd Soon™!

Edited by SgtSullyC3

Just want to say thanks for the work you do here. I don't consider any one CC to be the end-all and be-all, but your reviews are *always* on my short list that I check out if considering a purchase.

(I've also learned to appreciate idiosyncrasies of reviewers - like weirdos who enjoy the Atlanta.  :P)

• Cool 2

A few changes today.

• Kamikaze R is no longer available.
  • Neither is Duca d'Aosta.
  • Everyone's favourite Chubby Little Sister is back, though!  She's on sale until May 8th.

YGq3QjJ.png?1

We now return you to your regularly scheduled weekday programming:  Prinz Eugen has been removed from sale and everything is dull and boring in the shop for the foreseeable future.

Quick update today.  Lo Yang is available for the weekend.  She's a good tier 8 Destroyer -- handy to have in your port if you've a mind for competitive engagements like Ranked Battles.

2aiqxsi.png

Ace_04    838

Mouse, it looks like you're going to have your hands full with all the new premiums that have been announced.

Hood, Kaga, Enterprise, Admiral Makarov, and HMS Gallant.  Looking forward to the full-length reviews on these when you get around to them.

Lord_Magus    327

Is Admiral Makarov still an RU-only reward ship?

Also Gallant is an underwhelming choice for an RN DD. Electra, Glowworm, Cavalier, Cossack and Lightning would've all been preferable. To say nothing of Commonwealth DDs like Vampire and Haida. But with RN torps being good and the G class being short (ie good concealment) I suppose Gallant should be quite viable.

Edited by Lord_Magus

Mouse, it looks like you're going to have your hands full with all the new premiums that have been announced.

Hood, Kaga, Enterprise, Admiral Makarov, and HMS Gallant.  Looking forward to the full-length reviews on these when you get around to them.

Tell me about it.  I've been working on my HMS Hood review since April 22nd.  I've barely touched Kaga.  I've also got a Tirpitz and Blyskawica update on the backburners, slowly cooking.
  • Cool 1

DeMatt    50

So, what does FABULOUS mean under Albany? You sounded pretty negative in the description, but FABULOUS seems good.

Albany has a very pretty, Great White Fleet-esque camouflage scheme, with lots of bow and stern decoration.  Totally unimportant towards "shooting other ships", but it makes all your un-camo'ed tech-tree ships (and even some of the later premiums in their camo) look ugly by comparison.

So she's FABULOUS.

Atom_Alchemist    150

Hey White mouse, first i enjoyed wrecking house with you in you Okhotnik,

second does the reviews of the tirpitz and the mikasa reflect the recent changes? namely the mikasa change in main gun range from patch 0.6.3 increasing main gun range by about 2km, and the granting of 7km secondary to the tirpitz (allowing the derpitz to get 10.6 km secondary's like her line sister)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled weekday programming:  Prinz Eugen has been removed from sale and everything is dull and boring in the shop for the foreseeable future.

Mouse, I can count on you to give us an exceptional review of Enterprise when she comes out, right?

I knew it! Keep up the good work!

Hey White mouse, first i enjoyed wrecking house with you in you Okhotnik,

second does the reviews of the tirpitz and the mikasa reflect the recent changes? namely the mikasa change in main gun range from patch 0.6.3 increasing main gun range by about 2km, and the granting of 7km secondary to the tirpitz (allowing the derpitz to get 10.6 km secondary's like her line sister)

Tirpitz and Mikasa haven't been updated (yet).  The Tirpitz review is... *checks* ...about 1/3rd of the way done.  I've also got a Blyskawica update in the works which is closer to completion and likely to come out first. Mikasa hasn't been started and is on a lower priority given her lack of availability.  Reviewing HMS Hood has taken up most of the last month.
  • Cool 1

And here we go...!

HMS Hood has become available.  Like Graf Spee before her, Hood's bundles are being released one at a time.  The Ultimate Bundle is available today.  The Fully Loaded bundle becomes available on May 25th (a week from today).  The Deluxe Bundle goes on sale June 1st (two weeks from today).  These bundles stop being available on June 7th. The solo ship sells on June 7th til the 16th.  Note, this solo sale will be too late to participate in the Hunt the Bismarck campaign.

2rzvwag.png2j46mo9.png

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 2

Man, it's been so easy to keep this up to date after Hood got released.  Other than sales on already available premiums, nothing much has been changing. 

I've uploaded a full review of the aircraft carrier Kaga.  The ship has not been released yet on the North American server but it has been released on the Asian server.

Jnobsir    306

Kaga is now on sale. 

Quick, hide your T5's. Ready every bit of AA you have. Engage torpedo-beats!

All hands, I repeat All hands brace for the Kagapocalypses!! :hiding:

AquaSquirrel    152

Quick, hide your T5's. Ready every bit of AA you have. Engage torpedo-beats!

All hands, I repeat All hands brace for the Kagapocalypses!! :hiding:

I shall be aiding my allies in an AA spec Cleveland and an AS Saipan. :izmena:

SgtSullyC3    227

I shall be aiding my allies in an AA spec Cleveland and an AS Saipan. :izmena:

What about manual AA Atlanta?