Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_Bucket__

Picking My Next Ship

Picking My Next Ship - Which One Do You Prefer?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ship Would You Prefer?

7 comments in this topic

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
47,732 battles

I can pickup one of the listed ships when combined with my free XP. I'm leaning toward the Shim and pretty much have ruled out the Akizuki. Moskva is second on my list to pickup.

Which ship do you believe would be most successful with victories, XP, and credits.

With Iowa being a tier 9, perhaps it will be your choice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Save your free XP for skipping the stock grind on ships, especially the poor performers. (stock hull Colorado for example)

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,094 battles

That's an irrelevant question as it compares apples to oranges. All depends on what do you like best. BBs vs DDs (wait what? Moskva a BB? yes, a "light" one).

I have all of those, and from my personal style Shimakaze first, Moskva 2nd. I do not like Iowa or Akizuki much TBH.

As for Free XP, it is generally better used to upgrade and equip ships, rather than jump ahead, but that's your decision.

Edited by alexf24

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
47,732 battles

I've already got 6 tier X ships and 23 tier 8-9. There aren't many hulls I need to upgrade unless I pick a new line or do the Iowa.

Here are my tier X ships

Zao

Des Moines

Hindenburg

Gearing

Khabarovsk

Minotaur

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
6,263 battles

Save your free XP for skipping the stock grind on ships, especially the poor performers. (stock hull Colorado for example)

I see this advice a lot.  If your goal is to grind up the lines as quickly as possible, not caring about wasting credits or free XP, it is good advice.  And yes, I said 'wasting'.  If you play the ship stock, you'll get XP on the ship to buy those modules eventually.  The first few games might be a little unpleasant, but the higher you get in tiers, the more quickly a ship reaches full upgrade compared to the number of games needed to get to the next ship.  And yes, your stats might take a minor hit because of it.

If maximizing the resources the game rewards you with is more important to you (which is a lot more likely if you are not spending any money on the game or are saving for the Missouri), this is not good advice.  In addition to unnecessarily using your free XP pool, it will have you stranding ship XP on ship after ship that you have no intention of ever playing again.

Which is not to say _Luna is wrong - just that the advice presented is a lot less universally applicable than it sounds.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Always Akizuki. Akizuki is bae. Akizuki is love. Akizuki is life. 

Sign in to follow this