Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkipJack67

I need help picking T6+ ship(s) please.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

22 posts in this topic

Hi, I am a slightly below average player with passive play style.   I am looking for a ship(s) to use to grind out the Katori event.  Kindly request some suggestions from the pros here to see which one is suitable for my skill and play style.

Here is what I have in my port in T6+, all premium ships I’ve got them from Santa’s boxes.  I have 10 points captain available for them.

However I don’t play much above T6 to begin with as those tiers required a different skill set all together.

Tech Tree Cruisers:

Aoba

Cleveland

Nurnberg

Premium Cruisers:

Molotov

Atago

Indianapolis

Atlanta

Kutuzov

Graf Spee

Prinz Eugen

Dragon (never played)

I don’t play much BB and DD as I am terrible with them and don’t really know how to play them.  Some of them never been fitted or play at all, they are just sitting in the port.

DD:

Sims (never played)

Anshan

Lo Yang (never played)

Blyskawica

BB:

Arizona (never played)

Scharnhorst

Warspite (never played)

Tirpitz (never played)

Thank you kindly,

:O

No Budyonny! That's my fav of the T6 cruisers. You can snipe and still be effective...

The German battleships are a good line all the way through if you try BBs.

Also, give CVs a try!

If you have a passive play style, German BB's are not your thing. They're designed for medium-close range engagements. For cruisers, the Russians are built for sitting back and raining shells from a distance. 

O.o T8 Kutuzov.. last time I took out Atago and Prinz out to PvP I showed up with bunch of T9 and T10 and I frozed.. lol but I got nothing to loose but XP needed earned. I will give Kutuzov a try in PvP. :)

If you're going to be grinding out XP, it'd be best to look at a combination of which ships you perform the best in as well as if you enjoy playing them.

Sock5, of all ships I listed above I would have to say Aoba, I feel more comfortable with it although I rarely play anything T6+.

I will also try out Kutuzov, might as well making some silvers while I am grinding the mission.

I've had good luck with the Molotov. It's a fast ship for its tier, so you'll need to be careful not to over extend into enemy range as the ship can be citadeled readily.

It's got good guns and a good fire starter for burning down enemy ships.

Run it at it's gun range and drop HE on the enemy, being careful not to give them your broadside. It has 180mm guns, which are larger than what the Buddy has (152mm). You'll have to reach tier 9 before you get another Russian CA with 180mm guns. 

Aoba.  You're averaging almost 1100 XP a game in her based on warships.today.  She plays just like the Myoko at tier 7, which plays just like the Atago.  It's a natural progression and similar play styles (should) lead to consistent results.

I'd say she's your best bet.  Get demolition expert, hang back at midrange and burn all the things.

Ultimately, you should play what you enjoy; it's much easier to "grind" when you're having fun.

But of the ships you list, since you have a preference for Cruisers, I'd suggest giving the Cleveland and Molotov a try.  Both have a relatively low skill floor so you should be able to figure out their playstyle relatively quickly.

If the goal is maximizing XP earned and not worrying about WR....

Play all the ships you're comfortable with. As soon as you die, start another ship.

It's base, unmodified XP so your goal is caps and kills and ribbons. Burning BBs with DE won't earn you as much as killing a DD.

Cappy, I see about killing DD. My WR I am not so worry about. The other 11 people's goals is what I need to take in to a consideration. I want them to have the best teammate possible. I think I have some better idea after read all of these suggestions.

I think Warships today made my Aoba looks better then it actually is :)

I'm pretty sure you can complete Katori mission in coop too, if you feel uncomfortable with T6+ in randoms.

This isn't the Takao mission: you shouldn't need to be choosing your best EXP earning ship to complete this mission. Just play whatever tier 6+ ships that you have fun in, and you should have no problem completing the mission.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I definitely doing some co-op. I just have to balance it out between availability of my play time vs XP earned. But since WG is giving us 30 days, I thinks I should make it..... Fingers crossed :)

I was struggled doing T5 for 80K XP on the Dragon ship event across 4 nations but I made it ....:

Edited by SkipJack67

I have both the Aoba and the Molotov and found that I cannot cause nearly as much damage in the Aoba as the Molotov.  The Molotov has better guns, more of them and better accuracy.  The down side with the Molotov is that it is frustrating to play due to its poor armor and just awful turning radius.  If you can remember to stay at range and snipe, you can collect an impressive amount of damage.  The Aoba, on the other hand, is just so much easier to play.  Even though the Molotov will cause more damage, I would rather play the Aoba.  

For passive play definitely the Kutuzov. Make sure you get concealment expert on your captain.

Warships today pulls its data from wargamings API.  It is what they are (im sure theres a small margin for error.) 

Honestly, i felt the same way about Nagato.  I never clicked with her, then one day i went over to warships today and... wow, i did alot better than i thought.  Even considering rebuying her  and training a new captain for her lol  Either way, best of luck man.

I know that feel, man. Actually on the Shchors in the Soviet cruiser line, I felt like I am struggling with it. When I checked my stats on Warships.today and on the official page, I am averaging some 40k-ish DMG per match (XP is something I struggle, because my internet is crap).

I played Aoba yesterday, have not had a chance to try Kutuzov in PvP yet. Maybe during the weekend.

Not sure if my permanent camo on Aoba influent my XP results on Warships Today. Often I do put on some flags, perhaps it was not my actual base XP. Don’t really know much about it.

At any rate, didn’t do too bad with Aoba actually. I starting to learn when to shoot and when to disappear. I didn’t do too good on damage output as I was spending too much time watching mini map and learning how to look at my detection range. Didn’t have any ship kills either but took theirs HP down for the team. But it was all good thanks to all of the suggestions here.

Also took out Atago, Prinz and Kutuzov to Co-Op even with 9-11K players were on, my team were consistent of only 2-3 human players and more than 90% I got dragged in to T10. So that didn’t end well LoL

With that said, I am on my way 85% of Tides of March II mission.

Man, you have to take that Arizona out!  She is painfully slow and her accuracy isn't great at long range...but if you can get in closer those guns become crazy tight and just destroy things.  I have been having great fun in mine since getting it in a Santa crate, and she is quickly becoming a fun favorite.  I have even been doing very well in T8 games.  It is always comical when people pity my poor, slow T6 tub in a T8 game...and then I finish #1 on the team! 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0