You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jammin411

Matchmaking Monitor Application

212 comments in this topic

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

I wanted to get the word out about a new application I just created for the community. The application is to be run in parallel with WoWs and will detect when you enter into a battle. When you do the application will show you player stats for each player in that battle with highlighting to help determine player quality.

The application is early in development, but definitely fills a void. Stop by and check it out. Let me know what you want to see added or changed as well.

https://wowreplays.com/Downloads/WoWReplaysMatchMakingMonitor.zip

Edited by Jammin411
  • Cool 15
  • Meh 1

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

Does this show up in-game?  How does one see the stats in real time

It's outside of the game, WG bans mods that displays stats in game.  If you have a second monitor that would be a good place to run the app.  Also note that you must have replays enabled for the app to work.  Basically when the game is launched and a battle begins the app detects that, gets the list of players, reaches out to the WG API and retrieves the current players and their stats.  Those stats are then displayed inside the application.  

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

Was trying this out yesterday and so far it is great. XVM for WoWS has arrived pretty much with this application.

That was the intent.  It's basic now, but if the app catches on I'll add a lot more analysis.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Eh, one one hand, it's not a bad thing to see where you stand in relation to the other members on both sides, on the other, it's going to lead to new elitist rants for those who think their team is crap.

I'd say it'd be better for WG to just ban it on the outset and avoid the same complications XVM caused in their other games.

• Cool 3

Members
147 posts
5,738 battles

Eh, one one hand, it's not a bad thing to see where you stand in relation to the other members on both sides, on the other, it's going to lead to new elitist rants for those who think their team is crap.

I'd say it'd be better for WG to just ban it on the outset and avoid the same complications XVM caused in their other games.

With that thinking then WG needs to ban it from WoT also which will never happen.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS  ^^

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Dumbest idea ever.....

Lets take a game that is infested with casual players, and try to make a stat game out of it....:facepalm:

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

For the record.  I agree with both sides on this one.  I can easily go either way, and I do anticipate WG banning this application.  

The way I look at it is if I don't do it, someone else will.

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

Dumbest idea ever.....

Lets take a game that is infested with casual players, and try to make a stat game out of it....:facepalm:

haha, maybe not the dumbest, but it might make the list.  

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

For the record.  I agree with both sides on this one.  I can easily go either way, and I do anticipate WG banning this application.  

The way I look at it is if I don't do it, someone else will.

then dont contribute to keep this on .-. yesterdar in ranked a shiratsuyu shouts my team dont pass 50% wr8 i check it out in warshipstoday and he proceed to launch 16 torps to me and 2 others bbs and he go yolo shooting the water and getting killed  

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

then dont contribute to keep this on .-. yesterdar in ranked a shiratsuyu shouts my team dont pass 50% wr8 i check it out in warshipstoday and he proceed to launch 16 torps to me and 2 others bbs and he go yolo shooting the water and getting killed  

Well, I do find the app useful.  I see both sides and understand, but I'm sure some will find it useful.  

What I've found is that it helps me determine the group of players to follow early on.  Seeing someone with a .25 kill per battle ratio and only does 10k damage per battle is not someone I want to follow into battle.  On the other hand, a player with a 1.5 kill per battle ratio and does 80k average damage is someone I'll stick behind.

I am probably too optimistic here, but I hope that others will use it for the same purposes.  I also hope that it will help players like I described earlier with poor ratios get better.  If they see how they compare against others it may be an eye opener for how they can improve.  Like I said, probably too optimistic here, but one can hope.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

Well, I do find the app useful.  I see both sides and understand, but I'm sure some will find it useful.  

What I've found is that it helps me determine the group of players to follow early on.  Seeing someone with a .25 kill per battle ratio and only does 10k damage per battle is not someone I want to follow into battle.  On the other hand, a player with a 1.5 kill per battle ratio and does 80k average damage is someone I'll stick behind.

I am probably too optimistic here, but I hope that others will use it for the same purposes.  I also hope that it will help players like I described earlier with poor ratios get better.  If they see how they compare against others it may be an eye opener for how they can improve.  Like I said, probably too optimistic here, but one can hope.

remember never have high expectations of people on internet more player ... more in a competitive game ... more when doing something wrong get them all dead XD and yeah but still bad memories from wot dont help at all if you know what i mean .-. 

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
12,306 battles

Some say bad idea.        Why is it a bad idea?

I'm going to try it and see if it validates my thoughts about MM.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
847 posts

I for one am glad for a new tool.  I'll try it out.  You get an A for effort and you don't have to apologize to the naysayers.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,616 posts

I just treat all the enemy ships as somone who can sink my ship! :izmena:

It would be silly to look at a low percentage player and think 'easy kill'.....as long as their ship is still operational it's anyones game.

Members
74 posts
10,935 battles

This is a really interesting topic. All this ap does is give information, everything else (chat rage, toxicity, stat shame, etc) is a choice made by the individual player. I see no reason to ban a program like this at all. In fact I am looking forward to using it (responsibly).

• Cool 1

[BOAR]
Members
255 posts
2,558 battles

Some say bad idea.        Why is it a bad idea?

I'm going to try it and see if it validates my thoughts about MM.

That is my exact hope.  The goal is not to introduce toxicity into the game, but rather help players learn and grow.  My opinion is that having more data is always a good thing.  Hopefully it helps players make wiser decisions.
  • Cool 1

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
12,306 battles

This is a really interesting topic. All this ap does is give information, everything else (chat rage, toxicity, stat shame, etc) is a choice made by the individual player. I see no reason to ban a program like this at all. In fact I am looking forward to using it (responsibly).

Exactly, it has no affect on the game itself, in any way. Dont see how it could be banned.