You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Pyro

Irrevocable - (We need) Update! WG

Establish Rank 9, 6 & 3 as an irrevocable Rank  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Can we suggest this idea to WG?

2. 2. Do you like "The Sixth Season"

39 comments in this topic

[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,401 battles

Hi, 

A kind request to WG about irrevocable in Ranked battle. 

From Rank 11 - 2 there is no irrevocable Ranks. 

My suggestion is; Establish Rank 9, 6 & 3 as an irrevocable Rank

Look at the image and please vote for it. 

2lc6cg.jpg

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
88 posts
6,658 battles

Their is a search button about this before.  I also think their shouldn't be 1 after you hit rank 10. To many players have failed their way to the lower rank brackets that shouldn't be there.  This just encourages more selfish play styles and players playing to passive  if this were to happen. 

So no! 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Hi, 

There needs to be fewer irrevocable ranks than there were originally, but there shouldn't be a total lack of them.  Most people said having only one at Rank 5 would have been fine (WG had it at Rank 7 last season IIRC - either that or none below Rank 12 at all), but since this is WG we're talking about, of course they didn't take the advice beyond the general gist of it - and then ignored it.

Edited by TenguBlade

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

I would personally suggest sticking an irrevocable at rank 10 and maybe rank 5, but no more than that. otherwise more people will get carried into the top ranks and as Iantis said, encourage selfish and passive gameplay to farm their way to those irrevocables. the higher ranks need to be much more difficult and risky to climb with the subsequent losses of rank. the massive grind is there as a filter, hence why i stopped climbing at 12 because I know I'd just be a detriment to my team and do not want to be carried or fail my way to higher ranks, I'm no potato player but i know my own limits as a ranked captain.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

kind of a poor poll. the options are "yes" and "no" with no middle ground.

i'm up for more irrevocable ranks below 12. it would make the prospect of ranked a little more desirable. but not that many.

i would want one or two more irrevocable ranks at most. 8 and 4 would be optimal. 10 and 5 would be logical. or just one at 7.

they also need to remove a lot of the irrevocable ranks before 15. as it is, it's way too easy to get to 15. it's like ranks above 15 don't exist.

• Cool 1

[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,401 battles

kind of a poor poll. the options are "yes" and "no" with no middle ground.

i'm up for more irrevocable ranks below 12. it would make the prospect of ranked a little more desirable. but not that many.

i would want one or two more irrevocable ranks at most. 8 and 4 would be optimal. 10 and 5 would be logical. or just one at 7.

they also need to remove a lot of the irrevocable ranks before 15. as it is, it's way too easy to get to 15. it's like ranks above 15 don't exist.

I am not a pro player thats why I found its much difficult after 10th rank :(

its like one step forward & two steps back :(

I am poor thats why I made this poor poll :unsure:

Members
2,680 posts
7,993 battles

I am not a pro player thats why I found its much difficult after 10th rank :(

its like one step forward & two steps back :(

I am poor thats why I made this poor poll :unsure:

Ranked is not supposed to be completable by anyone, It has the tiering levels so you have to be quite good, and or exceptionally lucky to rank out

[--K--]
Alpha Tester
41 posts
15,065 battles

Irrevocable ranks are perfect as they are. Putting more in will only make it easier for potatos to spud their way to the next irrevocable.

Don't change a thing!

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,292 battles

Eh, I dont know if its just about potatoes. I am average but I can carry a team too. To me its more about being average vs pro. I have some bad games, and falling back multiple ranks is frustrating, especially when you combine my few bad games with a bunch of real potatoes.

• Cool 1

Members
282 posts
2,764 battles

meh, there should be one at 10.. once you get in top 10 your getting good.. i noticed this season that starting at 15? and getting to 10 was freaking easy, but once you get in 10 its much harder..    i got to 2 stars in level 9, and wham! [edited]you city, got 5 loses in a row, 1 game is was a idiot, got waxed earlier, but the other 4 i did well, basically average of what i do, but we had 2 or 3 guys who just sucked and lost the match for us, and wham, lose a star in 3, saved a star in 2 because top score... i just think 10 would be a good last locked rank

Members
652 posts
13,813 battles

I think one at 5 and 10 would be nice. I was on rank 5, lost, and moved back to 6 while waiting in a premier league queue then it booted me from that queue even though I waited for 5+ mins. Not necessary to implement more irrevocable but I wouldn't mind it either.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

I'd like to see an irrevocable at rank 5.  The most frustrating part of ranked is losing stars and sliding back down from the 5-1 bracket.  In addition, it causes longer wait times due to players falling out of that bracket as well.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

There needs to be fewer irrevocable ranks than there were originally, but there shouldn't be a total lack of them.  Most people said having only one at Rank 5 would have been fine (WG had it at Rank 7 last season IIRC - either that or none below Rank 12 at all), but since this is WG we're talking about, of course they didn't take the advice beyond the general gist of it - and then ignored it.

Rank 12 has been the lowest irrevokable rank the last 4 seasons iirc.

I think they should change the irrevocable rank system. 

Have irrevocable ranks as they are through rank 15. After that the rule is that a player cannot fall more than 3 ranks below his or her highest rank achieved. So a player who has reached rank 10 cannot fall below rank 13, a player who has reached rank 9 has rank 12 irrevocable, and so on.

[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,401 battles

Ranked 7 or 5 should be Irrevocable to help all those who has less win rate & trying to play Ranked. 

Ranked battle is not only for Pros but also for all players. 

Everyone has to be treated same!

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Ranked 7 or 5 should be Irrevocable to help all those who has less win rate & trying to play Ranked. 

No they don't. Ranked is supposed to be a mode that challenges a player's skill, not something with a crutch to help players with less skill. If you gimp it down and give crutches to help all players, then the entire point of ranked is thrown out the window. It's not supposed to be a mode where everywhere will achieve. This is just entitlement at its finest where people think that everything should be fair and even and that everyone should be given a reward. No different than giving out a dumb participation reward to children to who lost just so that "their feelings aren't hurt". Ranked is not supposed to be for everyone, and it's not designed for everyone to win. It's supposed to show who the best players are(even though some very bad players can still fail their way to rank one if they play enough matches). If they dumb it down for everyone to win then there is absolutely no point of ranked. End of story.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,110 battles

No they don't. Ranked is supposed to be a mode that challenges a player's skill, not something with a crutch to help players with less skill. If you gimp it down and give crutches to help all players, then the entire point of ranked is thrown out the window. It's not supposed to be a mode where everywhere will achieve. This is just entitlement at its finest where people think that everything should be fair and even and that everyone should be given a reward. No different than giving out a dumb participation reward to children to who lost just so that "their feelings aren't hurt". Ranked is not supposed to be for everyone, and it's not designed for everyone to win. It's supposed to show who the best players are(even though some very bad players can still fail their way to rank one if they play enough matches). If they dumb it down for everyone to win then there is absolutely no point of ranked. End of story.

Hey just getting to a 5 or a 6 would be challenge all on it's own.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Hey just getting to a 5 or a 6 would be challenge all on it's own.

It is. I'm sitting at 6.3 right now but am waiting until after the weekend to jump back into ranked. Just way too many potatoes on this weekend.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I say go ahead and do it for ranked battles.  It at least leaves more players around those ranks for use as stepping stones by the better/luckier team.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,110 battles

It is. I'm sitting at 6.3 right now but am waiting until after the weekend to jump back into ranked. Just way too many potatoes on this weekend.

I'm sitting about rank 14. I mean I've already done what I really wanted anyways which was get the season flag. After that, it's mostly for craps and giggles. I once had a dream of having a flint, I've given that up.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I'm sitting about rank 14. I mean I've already done what I really wanted anyways which was get the season flag. After that, it's mostly for craps and giggles. I once had a dream of having a flint, I've given that up.

My goal is the JR flag.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles

Hi, 

2lc6cg.jpg

question 1: answered no: Why, Simple really, 50% of suggestions improve nothing to the game other than visuals that most players don't care about or remove them with mods or turn them off. IE Bigger waves, trees Ect.. 45% of suggestions are rants to something that just does not need to be changed (CV mech not included) Like the belfast HE spam/smoke or how ranked it mostly prem ship ran. the 4% are real issues but with no real solutions to them other than the same old (fix it we know its broken) the last 1% want something that will never be in the game PT boats/subs 3 years later and it STILL pops up on the forums at least once a day.

Question 2: answered yes: Other than the prize pool nothing has really changed since season 1 other than the tier scale. No i dont think there should be a stop point past 12. Should have been 10 IMO and 5 may due to the flags given but other than that its been fun so far.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Everyone is treated the same. Ranked is for everyone. Rank 1 is not. The super persistent players who get there with 47% win rates are annoying enough. What you are saying is you want it to be easier for worse players. Irrevokable ranks are not helpful to good players, I don't think I've saved a star on them more than once since the pilot season.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
88 posts
6,658 battles

As I mentioned before, they shouldn't give you an irrevocable rank at what you have suggested OP.  Rank is for everyone but to rank out. It is not. Rank is about using your skills and trying your best to rank out. I don't want somebody to think they are entitled to rank out when they don't play to their skill level. 

I personally am up for taking out irrevocable ranks all together.  Just to make it harder.  I don't want someone fail their way to rank 1 as some have.  The only other thing I think is they choose to do the irrevocable rank system, they should just make it so that you have so many battles to try before you are disqualified from it.