McDoob

I waited three minutes in queue for insta-detonate!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

136 posts in this topic

St. Louis; Protected Cruiser, or Piece of Crap?

Waited nearly three minutes in the queue, just to have the first shell to hit my ship cause detonation. How is this a thing?

Congratulations, WG, you've set a new record in how quickly your game can [censored] me off (was my first, and last, match of the weekend)! THIS is why I refuse to give you my hard-earned dollar!

Replay:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuShzdpxhYd_g_ISrLs2vra131FYDQ

It's bad enough dealing with idiot team mates, toxic chat, AFK'ers, TK'ers, and all of the other [censored]'ers in the game. Then you throw stuff like that into the mix. I am so frustrated that there is a very good chance I will not play this game at all for a while. I may even uninstall it.

/rant

[EDIT: Please respect my doctor's wish that I stick to a low-salt lifestyle.]

Edited by McDoob

Detonation signals. Mount them. Don't detonate. Problem solved. 

Our lord RNG works in mysterious ways....

Detonationthread....
third for the day...

Flags earned.... now you have TEN worry free battles ahead of you....

Wear the flag. Use the module. Getting detonated is a choice.

Honestly, I don't get why people get so pissed about detonations.

They are infrequent enough and happen so suddenly that I'm usually left laughing when they happen.

They only thing I would like to see changed is if a player is detonated in the first few minutes of a battle they get thrown a little bit of XP on top of the flags as a sort of consolation prize.

I remember when I first started playing and I got detonated and got an "achievement". I thought well cool I got an achievement and then read what it takes to get one. Kind of sat back and to myself well that is actually bad!

St. Louis; Protected Cruiser, or Piece of Crap?

Waited nearly three minutes in the queue, just to have the first shell to hit my ship cause detonation. How is this a thing?

Congratulations, WG, you've set a new record in how quickly your game can [censored] me off (was my first, and last, match of the weekend)! THIS is why I refuse to give you my hard-earned dollar!

Replay:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuShzdpxhYd_g_ISrLs2vra131FYDQ

It's bad enough dealing with idiot team mates, toxic chat, AFK'ers, TK'ers, and all of the other [censored]'ers in the game. Then you throw stuff like that into the mix. I am so frustrated that there is a very good chance I will not play this game at all for a while. I may even uninstall it.

/rant

[EDIT: Please respect my doctor's wish that I stick to a low-salt lifestyle.]

​You won't be missed ........hehehehehe 

I heard that there are signal flags which prevent that from happening... :yes_cap:

I am aware of both module and flag. Thank you, though.

Am I expected to assign the first module and flag slot of every ship I own to removing a game mechanic that shouldn't really be there to begin with (in my opinion)?

Don't bother bringing up real life examples of detonations. This is not real life. There are plenty of examples of where realism has been sacrificed for gameplay.

Our lord RNG works in mysterious ways....

I already know RNGesus hates me. Him and MM have been screwing me since my first match.

​You won't be missed ........hehehehehe 

And so begins the expected salt-fest. I guess my doctor is gonna be disappointed. Edited by McDoob

Honestly, I don't get why people get so pissed about detonations.

They are infrequent enough and happen so suddenly that I'm usually left laughing when they happen.

They only thing I would like to see changed is if a player is detonated in the first few minutes of a battle they get thrown a little bit of XP on top of the flags as a sort of consolation prize.

You know, it's not so much the detonation itself that infuriated me so. I've had it happen before, and it wasn't exactly a happy moment, but it didn't bother me this much. It's more about the circumstances around it.

First match in a while, three minute queue time, first shell detonates. Game over. Least satisfying match I've ever played.

I heard that there are signal flags which prevent that from happening... :yes_cap:

And I think I got a crap ton of them, courtesy of a supercontainer. Don't worry about me for a while. 

[annoying gif removed] aaaaand another detonation thread

And so begins the expected salt-fest. I guess my doctor is gonna be disappointed.

Edited by McDoob

am i salty? no, just saying that the amount of "detonation" threads on the forums is astonishingly high, and that gif is a work of art mind you

It's your fault, you played her wrong and deserve to be Detonated:trollface:

Dets are stupid.

So hitting a ship's magazine with big chunk of steel traveling at mach 2 shouldn't have any effect? #nofizzixisgudfizzix 

am i salty? no, just saying that the amount of "detonation" threads on the forums is astonishingly high, and that gif is a work of art mind you

I find it odd that the dominant ingredients of your 'Latest Posts' list are annoying gifs and salt, and yet you somehow still think you are not salty. Try contributing useful opinions more than once in a while, rather than just making troll-posts. Edited by McDoob

I find it odd that the only thing your 'Latest Posts' list contains is annoying gifs and salt, and yet you somehow still think you are not salty. Try contributing useful opinions once in a while, rather than just making troll-posts.

i see your one of "those" people that are hard to reason with, if im salty, buddy, you'll know it

It's bad enough dealing with idiot team mates, toxic chat

Oh the irony of this statement.

i see your one of "those" people that are hard to reason with, if im salty, buddy, you'll know it

To be fair, I did mention that I'm feeling quite frustrated at the moment. I guess I am guilty of being a bit salty myself. That does not mean you are any less guilty of making troll-posts.