Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RevTKS

Prohibited Nicks for Users and Clans and their toxic members

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

36 posts in this topic

The Oberkommando der Marine (OKM) was Nazi Germany's Naval High Command and the highest administrative and command authority of the Kriegsmarine. It was officially formed from the Marineleitung ("Naval Command") of the Reichswehr on 11 January 1936. In 1937 it was combined with the newly formed Seekriegsleitung (SKL). There were two major re-organisations, in November 1939 and May 1944.

I had to look that up because two of their members began harassing me in game, then messaging me after the game. 

I sent a Support Ticket. - Harassment Continued

I sent a second Support Ticket - Nicks have not changed; Clan still has name; Harassment has not continued this morning but player is offline. 

Support has worked for me in the past, but the technician just copy/pasted the normal stuff and nothing happened. I have the tickets and the screen shots if needed. 

I understand that NAZI nicks are hard to police...but someone should be policing Nicks. 

And shockingly, the people in the NAZI clans are harassing people. Correlation isn't causation but they are highly correlated. 

My primary complaint is that Support Closed TWO tickets, assuring me the problem was dealt with, and nothing was done. 

Edited by RevTKS

Enforcing the rules costs money, and that money is better spent on apparently anything but the game....:teethhappy:

I don't see anything Nazi with the clan name. If you count that as "Nazi", then basically anything that was part of the German military in WWII would be "Nazi". However, if it was something like "SS" then that might be a problem.

The problem might just be some of the people. There are always those people in games.

Edited by Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

I'd be more concerned with the continued harassment on their part than what they call their clan. Perhaps in bad taste? Maybe... but I tend to side with the "offense if taken, never given" way of thinking. If they want to look like a bunch of edgelords with a Nazi Germany inspired clan name, then where's the harm? Just gives everyone else a good on-sight warning as to what they're probably going to be like personality-wise. 

The name "Oberkommando der Marine" isn't limited to just Nazi use either, so its not something that's easy to police.

(In my experience WG is very fast about dealing with names easily identifiable as offensive)

It was also used from 1859-1871 & 1889-1899 as the title of the supreme commander of the German Navy.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_der_Marine

I had to look that up because two of their members began harassing me in game, then messaging me after the game. 

I sent a Support Ticket. - Harassment Continued

I sent a second Support Ticket - Nicks have not changed; Clan still has name; Harassment has not continued this morning but player is offline. 

Support has worked for me in the past, but the technician just copy/pasted the normal stuff and nothing happened. I have the tickets and the screen shots if needed. 

I understand that NAZI nicks are hard to police...but someone should be policing Nicks. 

And shockingly, the people in the NAZI clans are harassing people. Correlation isn't causation but they are highly correlated. 

It seems to me like you were harassing them by calling them Nazi and have continued with it here on the forum. I could be wrong but you are calling them that here and OKM wasn't just used be the Nazi party. You do know that not every German was a Nazi?  

It seems to me like you were harassing them by calling them Nazi and have continued with it here on the forum. I could be wrong but you are calling them that here and OKM wasn't just used be the Nazi party. You do know that not every German was a Nazi?  

true, but every Nazi was a German.....:trollface:

I don't see anything Nazi with the clan name. If you count that as "Nazi", then basically anything that was part of the German military in WWII would be "Nazi". However, if it was something like "SS" then that might be a problem.

The problem might just be some of the people. There are always those people in games.

The Oberkommando der Marine (OKM)  was Nazi Germany's Naval High Command

...the clan leader is the guy doing the harassing and his name has Wehrmacht Panzergrenadier in it. 

The Oberkommando der Marine (OKM)  was Nazi Germany's Naval High Command

...the clan leader is the guy doing the harassing and his name has Wehrmacht Panzergrenadier in it. 

I never called them Nazi's...I didn't call them anything. They were Spamming/flooding the chat. When I submitted the ticket...while they were harassing me in private message...I looked up the clan...and there ya go. 

Edited by RevTKS

The name "Oberkommando der Marine" isn't limited to just Nazi use either, so its not something that's easy to police.

(In my experience WG is very fast about dealing with names easily identifiable as offensive)

It was also used from 1859-1871 & 1889-1899 as the title of the supreme commander of the German Navy.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_der_Marine

The Oberkommando der Marine (OKM) was Nazi Germany's Naval High Command and the highest administrative and command authority of the Kriegsmarine. It was officially formed from the Marineleitung ("Naval Command") of the Reichswehr on 11 January 1936. In 1937 it was combined with the newly formed Seekriegsleitung (SKL). There were two major re-organisations, in November 1939 and May 1944.

Nazi names are prohibited. Using 420, 55, etc...are prohibited. I didn't make the rule. 

He was pink at the start of the match, flooded/spammed chat, insulted players, and was generally abusive. 

But please, continue to be the 'enlightened and helpful' person who is just playing Devil's Advocate. It must be rewarding to defend those who are making the game a toxic place to be. 

Why not block them?   Then you never have to listen to them again.

This is not true.

Blocking does not prevent the F commands from displaying. They can still flood/spam the channel.

Second, I was in the process of submitting the ticket while the secondary harassment occurred. I can block that, but it occurred. 

Just because a symbol, term or acronym was used by a certain political party shouldn't forever taint it. For instance, the swastika is one of the most ancient of symbols, one that has been used literally since the dawn of civilization. It was even used by the Navajo in North America, which might be accidental similarity or show that it is even more ancient than we think. In modern times, the swastika was used by the Royal Air force, the Finnish Air Force and the Polish Army, the Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille and other units of the American Army plus by hundreds of other groups, agencies and organizations. It's simply silly that people get into such an uproar over it now when it shows up, even accidentally, as they did once when thousands of shoes were recalled because the tread left an impression that vaguely looked like a swastika.  

Edited by Snargfargle

Just because a symbol, term or acronym was used by a certain political party shouldn't forever taint it. For instance, the swastika is one of the most ancient of symbols, one that has been used literally since the dawn of civilization. It was even used by the Navajo in North America, which might be accidental similarity or show that it is even more ancient than we think. In modern times, the swastika was used by the Royal Air force, the Finnish Air Force and the Polish Army, the Americans of the Lafayette Escadrille and other units of the American Army plus by hundreds of other groups, agencies and organizations. It's simply silly that people get into such an uproar over it now when it shows up, even accidentally, as they did once when thousands of shoes were recalled because the tread left an impression that vaguely looked like a swastika.  

Read the rules that WG has...and take it up with them in another thread.

Doesn't "oberkommando der marine" literally mean "naval high command" in German? It sounds more like a description than a specific name.

Doesn't "oberkommando der marine" literally mean "naval high command" in German? It sounds more like a description than a specific name.

Pretty much.

Literally it translate to "Upper Command of the Navy".

Very typical, to the point German.

OP would have a point if they were named something like Schutzstaffel, Sturmabteilung, or NSDAP.

Maybe even Kriegsmarine because as far as I remember only the Nazi's called their Navy that.

But Oberkommando der Marine is basically just the German language being the German language, besides it being a particular persons specific title going back to the mid 1800's.

There are most certainly names to be offended by, this is not one of them.

Regardless, if these people are harassing you, they should be punished, but posting to the forums is not going to drive WG into action any faster than sending in tickets.

These sorts of posts complaining about supports response (or perceived lack there of) can open the OP up for possible disciplinary action, and often devolve into worse forms that this one already has.

Nazi names are prohibited. Using 420, 55, etc...are prohibited. I didn't make the rule. 

He was pink at the start of the match, flooded/spammed chat, insulted players, and was generally abusive. 

But please, continue to be the 'enlightened and helpful' person who is just playing Devil's Advocate. It must be rewarding to defend those who are making the game a toxic place to be. 

According to what you are saying, you have just ran into a bunch of trolls.

There is nothing really wrong about the name of the clan, it is just a neutral German phrase.

According to what you are saying, you have just ran into a bunch of trolls.

There is nothing really wrong about the name of the clan, it is just a neutral German phrase.

Again, I will refer you to WG rules which even prohibit the number 420 or 55 as Nazi related. 

3.11 which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.

3.12 that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules; i.e. anything that may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred. (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgments and signs [88, 14, 420, SS], or similar stylizing [such as, 55] as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders.)

3.13 that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.

3.14 that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations;

3.15 that negatively portrays the projects staff, or administration.

3.16 which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws.

....... either implicitly or explicitly are prohibited (This also contains links to websites containing the above).

If names (player or clan), avatars, signatures, images/video, clan logos within the forums or within the game violate these rules the offending account may be changed and/or the accounts may be sanctioned or suspended. Moreover, the administration reserves the right to delete, update or modify any names (player or clans) and avatars, images or clan images which are considered inappropriate on the forums or within the game environment.

You can find the complete game rules here:

Game Rules

30 consider this article helpful

OKM is not connected to anyone violating the rules of law. Unless I am mistaken, the Kriegsmarine were actually one of the more honorable parts of the Nazi regime, they didn't torture, their rules were the same as those from other nations, they picked up survivors.

Edited by khaenn35

Well considering my name is the same as one of the most powerful German tanks in WW2, my days must be numbered then. Here's the thing, as trolls, they can be reported for that alone. The clan name, in my opinion falls into a gray area. Honestly, if you have ANYTHING referencing the German military it's a gray area, because who's to say you're not referencing the modern German military? Or the WW1 military?

Gee... now I'll have to google about 88, 14 and 420 I really don't have a clue about that

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0