XXRed_DawnXX

Premium Ships

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

38 posts in this topic

This poll is closed. Thanks for participating.

Edited by XXFlippyTheBearXX

They will all appear at some point probably. Akagi and Shinano will probably be in alternate IJN cv branch (were in the main line in alpha is what I've heard). Hood I can almost guarantee will be a prem. Same with Enterprise.

i dont know why people want the hood ? it gonna have like 120% extra deto chance :V

Poll needs an "all of the above" button. 

I've been on the USS Laffey, it was an awesome ship. I would love to see it in game. Patriot's Point is just great for that entire sort of thing. I've "lived" on the Yorktown for almost a month straight when you add up all my stays, it's truly a great ship.

This post (thanks by the way) is why WOWS should have a tech tree marked "Allied ships".  They could fill it with an assortment at different tiers from other navies.  As it is, when they pick a tech tree they are limiting themselves to ship of that nation.  An "Allied Ships" tree would really open up their options.

I'm actually an advocate of the Sammy B. As I have stated in another thread a while ago...ahem..."We can talk about ships fighting so hard in a battle they are said to have fought like lions or bears...but this one (Sammy B) fought like the demon offspring of Godzilla and the Incredible Hulk with a little bit of Kraken thrown in for good measure, crewed by Predators (yes, from that movie) and commanded by Super Admiral++ Leeroy Jenkins on so many drugs it would cause an entire 1980's Heavy Metal band to think twice about it." So yeah, Samual B. Roberts for a tier 2-3 premium (at those tiers the little DE could match the older classes of DDs). I like Laffey, but as a Sumner Class it would have to be tier 10...maybe 9 if they nerfed her but given what she is best known for surviving, that would be sacrilege. I do like the Big E and Hood options though. I also agree with OseanTanker...Alaska Class FTW!!!

As for the above mentioned "Allied Ships" tech tree idea; I get what you are saying and it would make things more casual and easy for players to get the ships they want but then you'd see half the ships never get used. Again not a bad idea for those who don't want to work through all the tech trees (they can be a pain for those of us with limited time), but people would rarely play ships that take skill to master to stack up. Honestly, though, the biggest thing against it is that I assume you would want a divide between and "Allied" and "Axis" pair of trees? Given the time range of the game it would be impossible to break up in such a way. Case in point, are Japan, Russia, and the U.S. enemies or allies? Japan and Russia were at war early in the 1900's, and in WW1 we were all allies, but in WW2 Japan was against Russia and the U.S. but in the 50's Japan and the U.S. opposed Russia. And if you mean cluster too WW2 allegiances, then when all planned nations are out, the Axis tree will be ridiculously smaller than the allied tree...Germany, Japan, Italy and if they feel generous then they add Finland. This is only how I see it and I won't dismiss the idea as I do see the merit in it. And if I misunderstood your meaning, then I apologize for the long winded response...I'll go back to my hole for another few months now. >_> <_< >_> *steals a cookie and runs*

Edited by Warmatt16

Hood.

And I will try to make runs at any Bismark I see.

i dont know why people want the hood ? it gonna have like 120% extra deto chance :V

Before her fatal battle with Bismarck, the Hood was the pride of the British navy and was seen as the symbol of British sea power. When she was commissioned in 1920 as the only battle cruiser in her class, she was the largest and fastest warship in the world weighing in at nearly 48,000 tons and a top speed of 28 knots (32 mph). 

Poll needs an "all of the above" button. 

You can choose as many ships you want that are in the multi-choice poll. There are no limits in it, perfect for those who couldn't decide which ship should be in the game.

Other: Graf Zeppelin 

Any Regia Italia ships....

I heard that WarGaming will soon add an Italian tech tree. As for the Graf Zepplin, I also heard somewhere that they will also add a German carrier tree in the game, they did add it to foreign versions of the game, though it's unknown when they will add it to WOWS NA. Hopefully soon.

I'm actually an advocate of the Sammy B. As I have stated in another thread a while ago...ahem..."We can talk about ships fighting so hard in a battle they are said to have fought like lions or bears...but this one (Sammy B) fought like the demon offspring of Godzilla and the Incredible Hulk with a little bit of Kraken thrown in for good measure, crewed by Predators (yes, from that movie) and commanded by Super Admiral++ Leeroy Jenkins on so many drugs it would cause an entire 1980's Heavy Metal band to think twice about it." So yeah, Samual B. Roberts for a tier 2-3 premium (at those tiers the little DE could match the older classes of DDs). I like Laffey, but as a Sumner Class it would have to be tier 10...maybe 9 if they nerfed her but given what she is best known for surviving, that would be sacrilege. I do like the Big E and Hood options though. I also agree with OseanTanker...Alaska Class FTW!!!

As for the above mentioned "Allied Ships" tech tree idea; I get what you are saying and it would make things more casual and easy for players to get the ships they want but then you'd see half the ships never get used. Again not a bad idea for those who don't want to work through all the tech trees (they can be a pain for those of us with limited time), but people would rarely play ships that take skill to master to stack up. Honestly, though, the biggest thing against it is that I assume you would want a divide between and "Allied" and "Axis" pair of trees? Given the time range of the game it would be impossible to break up in such a way. Case in point, are Japan, Russia, and the U.S. enemies or allies? Japan and Russia were at war early in the 1900's, and in WW1 we were all allies, but in WW2 Japan was against Russia and the U.S. but in the 50's Japan and the U.S. opposed Russia. And if you mean cluster too WW2 allegiances, then when all planned nations are out, the Axis tree will be ridiculously smaller than the allied tree...Germany, Japan, Italy and if they feel generous then they add Finland. This is only how I see it and I won't dismiss the idea as I do see the merit in it. And if I misunderstood your meaning, then I apologize for the long winded response...I'll go back to my hole for another few months now. >_> <_< >_> *steals a cookie and runs*

I see your point.  Actually, I did a lousy job of explaining my idea.  All I was really suggesting is that the developers make a tree of ships, but not from just 1 nations' navy.  That way, they could really open up their options for ships.

Thanks for mentioning it.

*reads through the options*

* reads Yahagi*

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!eleven!!!one!!!!

i would love to see a Canadian ship, a premium Canadian ship would finally make me open up my wallet for a premium purchase. either the Haida destroyer with a fast cool down on the torps since it only had 1x4 torps and individual fire like the other british ships. Or the HMCS Quebec which was a Crown colony class cruiser like the Fiji and would fit in nice at T-7.

I want Superman's  Ship and Superman as the Captain. With Wonder Woman flying Defensive Air Cover in Her Invisible Jet. Also the Hulk Sitting in a Catapult ready to SMASH.

I want Superman's  Ship and Superman as the Captain. With Wonder Woman flying Defensive Air Cover in Her Invisible Jet. Also the Hulk Sitting in a Catapult ready to SMASH.

I don't know how to answer this since I don't know whether you are a joker or a sailor who needs to have his head examined.

Voted Enterprise as I think thats the most impactful historically and probably a better seller but Hood also a big one. Shinano should be in the game too.

HMCS Haida, a Canadian Tribal class DD is exoected to make an appearance at T7

That right there would be awesome

^ Agreed. She's the ship I want to see most in-game, in whatever configuration.