You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JimC_

WARNING TEAM KILLER

98 comments in this topic

[FORGV]
Members
90 posts
10,807 battles

While playing a match today I was invited to join a division. I accepted the invitation. In chat the person who asked me to join the division asked if anyone had ever played with him and of course no one remembered, but I will and I bet others will also. As soon as the match began he sailed straight for my and torpedoed me and began shooting me. I continued to play and ignored him but the damage and fires were a bit of a problem. I soon sunk after doing about 60k and not shooting him back. He was reported and now what? How would I ever know if anything was done? I removed the players name from the post. I didn't know that wasn't allowed. I apologize. 

Edited by JimC_

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Remove the name, naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums.

• Cool 1

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

You can't post a players name in the forums in a negative way. naming and shaming is a no-no. All you can do is privately ask people about it and send a ticket in to WG about it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Yeah, I've heard of him. Seems he found a way around the TK system cause iirc, div mates don't get punished for doing team damage (unless thats changed recently anyway)

Send in the replay and any screenshots you have to support and remove the name from the OP as well, cause thats actually against the rules and could get you in a lot of trouble.

[VOP]
Members
420 posts
4,543 battles

In before the lock! :ohmy:

Seriously,  Thank You for the warning!  :honoring:

Edited by derbuckeye

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Well if you look at his stats, he's been a team killer for 521 games in random.....

How else do you get those stats, and that mighty 0 kill ratio?

Yep, certainly looks like the automated tk system is working as intended.......:trollface:

Edited by awiggin

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Send screenshots and a replay into support, division mates don't get TK penalties as far as I'm aware, so he's gaming the system by doing that.

And remove his name from the OP, you'll get in trouble on here for posting his name.

[FORGV]
Members
90 posts
10,807 battles

Can't you leave the division in game?  Wouldn't this make it so that this player no longer go around the system?

I did try to leave the div but for some reason it wouldn't let me.  

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

First, to answer your question, you will probably never know.  When you submit a report, you will get a stock answer saying they are looking into it, but they will not report back to you what the results of the investigation were.  In the 14+ years I have been playing MMOs, that has been the policy in every game I have played, so don't blame Wargaming.  It is a standard practice industry-wide for a number of reasons.   The only time you will hear of any kind of discipline is when an exploit is found and people get banned, etc., for using it.  Even then, it is generic and to make a point, and they only report that x number of players were disciplined and why, not who specifically was.

Second, a ticket reporting the issue is the only way to get any real movement.  Even then, you really need a replay.  Screen shots are not generally accepted as proof.  You will need to us a mod pack to turn on Replays as the ability is present in the game, but it is not available in the non-modded interface for some reason.

Members
1,060 posts
4,636 battles

I have to admit this kind of troll player activity confuses me.  If WG is unable to police the game through whatever reasoning, wouldn't it be considered a public service to identify to everyone this sociopathic player?  I also have reservations regarding the "naming and shaming" concept.  I recognize the concept of naming and shaming is offensive to many, but it is also one heck of a motivational tool. Perhaps the difference lays in the Internet's degree of anonymity, i don't know...the internet will generate a whole new prospective on the philosophy of ethics in the next decade.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

It really goes to show u the type of person it is.  I knew you didn't get negative stats from bumping into your div mate.  Never thought about actually using it to kill a teammate.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Definitely put in a support ticket as this person has been doing this for a while and needs to be taken care of by support.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Never understood the satisfaction peeps get by doing stuff like that. 

I've got better less wasteful things to do with my life.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I have to admit this kind of troll player activity confuses me.  If WG is unable to police the game through whatever reasoning, wouldn't it be considered a public service to identify to everyone this sociopathic player?  I also have reservations regarding the "naming and shaming" concept.  I recognize the concept of naming and shaming is offensive to many, but it is also one heck of a motivational tool. Perhaps the difference lays in the Internet's degree of anonymity, i don't know...the internet will generate a whole new prospective on the philosophy of ethics in the next decade.

Unfortunately for that sentiment, the public cares too little about one teamkiller and the odds of meeting him in a match are far too low for what you're saying to work. Also, I think you're using the term "sociopath" incorrectly. Sociopaths are not nearly as unsubtle or as petty as a simple teamkiller. A true sociopath can wait a long time and fool even the best judges of character, and when they strike, their actions are insidious, but devastating.

Members
3,014 posts

I call serious [edited]..any team killer should be plastered on a wall of shame as long as replay screen capture andor ytube upload give substance to the wanted poster.  Dont worry what the NA forum rule is...post the teamkiller on the EU forum...post on reddit...send up your replays...make videos. and yes a div mate does suffer some consequence but not enough. Div mate TK doesnt take into account the prems camo and flag costs nor are they replaced. Had to leave Fury clan when I discovered not 1 but 2 repetitive teamkillers. Dpappy and Henhopotamymus..

Members
1,870 posts
20,653 battles

Well that explains what I saw the other night in a game were from the beginning of a game somebody started shooting at his division mate.

While naming and shaming rightfully shouldn't be allowed by other players when such incidents occur a PSA by a WoWS official wouldn't hurt the community.

Of course back channel communications by players work just as well. If someone were to PM me the players name I'd certainly keep it in mind before accepting an invitation to division up. I should have noted it the other night but you see so much foolishness in some of the games you never know if it's a one time deal or a pathological condition.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Another thing you could do is contact all the players in your game , most likely he just didnt shoot you.. or others may have seen something

[TBCIC]
Members
648 posts
9,057 battles

Shucks ... three battles back I was in a div ... I go: "Dang. I forgot to camo ..."  Then this team mate BB TK'er goes: you " *[edited] " ... ok fine, water off a ducks back - didn't bother to give the satisfaction of a retort.

Then as I'm firing on an enemy Budyonny, he unloads a fusillade of APs into me full broadside, citadel'ing &  sinking me and more than likely turning him, or her pink.

Reported - 'Plays poorly' & 'Misbehavior in chat,' and submitted ticket ... Funny thing, in the boiler plate-canned reply from support notifying me that the ticket was now closed, it ended with:

" ...Happy Tanking! ... Check out tanksrule.com!"

:D ... uh.  Thank you?

Members
3,014 posts

Shucks ... three battles back I was in a div ... I go: "Dang. I forgot to camo ..."  Then this team mate BB TK'er goes: you " *[edited] " ... ok fine, water off a ducks back - didn't bother to give the satisfaction of a retort.

Then as I'm firing on an enemy Budyonny, he unloads a fusillade of APs into me full broadside, citadel'ing &  sinking me and more than likely turning him, or her pink.

Reported - 'Plays poorly' & 'Misbehavior in chat,' and submitted ticket ... Funny thing, in the boiler plate-canned reply from support notifying me that the ticket was now closed, it ended with:

" ...Happy Tanking! ... Check out tanksrule.com!"

:D ... uh.  Thank you?

yep..that same piss on foot reply coming from some tank staff [edited]

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,228 battles

Removing his name does nothing but make solo players wary of joining in-game divisions.

Post his name for everyone to see. I'd gladly take an infraction or temp forum ban if I was TK'd like that.

Of course, the forum "Do-Rights" would most likely report it for name & shame, but screw them, too.

• Cool 2